It was an accident (pics)

Options

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    God Bless You!! , your dog, and the darned squirrel!! for your Ah-Ha moment. Your story cracked me up and brought tears to my eyes! You are a Wonderwoman and should wear a cape in your next race!

^this:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    Fantastic story. It brought tears to my eyes. Good for you!
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Awesome and inspiring!
    Thank you for sharing.
  • MRSHHJONES
    MRSHHJONES Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Amazing story! Congrats!
  • joanmarienana
    joanmarienana Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    With tears in my eye,s I thank you for sharing your remarkable story of courage and determination! And I just want to give your precious husky a huge hug!
  • jschlute
    jschlute Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Inspiring:flowerforyou: You are amazing!! Thank you for sharing!!
  • JenevaMarie
    JenevaMarie Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You are amazing and strong! Thank you for your sharing your story. I am so happy you :)
  • CindyRip
    CindyRip Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    The strength that it took to come back and own your life sure looks good on you. Someone close to me was beaten and raped by a stranger, watching her come back has been a tough road, but she did it with time and effort. At one time reaching a point that she was minutes from taking her own life because she could no longer deal with the fear. Today she saves lives literally every day in a trauma center. I have so much respect for people who step up and share their stories as eloquently as you have. Who give hope to others who live this nightmare and help those who haven't, understand. Absolute respect are the words that comes to my mind this minute, that's what I have for you. Continue claiming your life back in every aspect with the strength and knowledge that in the end you won!!!!
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Hooray for huskies, or squirrels, or ah-ha moments, or whatever it was ! Thanks for sharing.
  • Hazel2005
    Hazel2005 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you my dear. You've managed to get past something some of us never will, far more important than a number on a scale. Mind you, that is a lovely bonus! You look fabulous! Thank you for posting. I'm sure you will be bombarded with responses, but if you have a moment, what is the couch to 5K? Is there a link? Thank you and congratulations again!
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    You are so inspiring at a time when I am struggling. I am bookmarking your success story so I can come back here and be reminded of someone with remarkable courage, strength, and determination. What an incredible turnaround on a horrific trauma. You truly turned a nightmare into triumph.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. :flowerforyou:
  • LuvMyBoys2
    LuvMyBoys2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration and you look terrific!
  • Countryslove
    Options
    You are truly a strong, amazing, and inspiring woman. You have a right to be proud of all that you have accomplished. You are truly an inspiration to us all. You look fantastic. Great job!!!
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    First of all, I am so sorry you had to experience this horrific act. As others have mentioned, your story has brought me to tears too. I was raped many times over as a child and have been through many hours of counseling to live life normally. To this day I still feel afraid of being attractive and I think subconsciously I set myself up to fail because I don't want to attract attention. It's certainly not as extreme as it used to be but, I think this is my real struggle with weight control. I eat because it keeps me calm and is my drug. Trying to stop the addiction is hard but, this is why we are here...to change and I am so Inspired by your story and motivated by it. I am moved by your drive and determination! Hoping to accomplish what you have! Thank you for sharing :)
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    Wow, we are almost twins as to height, starting weight, goal weight! You are looking great. I loved reading your story and it sure was uplifting for me this morning. You should be incredibly proud of your successes. I could not be happier for you!
  • stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    A great story! Congrats on your success and I'm glad you've gotten to a healthy place in your life.
  • shinitaru
    shinitaru Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    That's an incredibly inspiring story. Mine isn't as dramatic, nor did it take me as long to pack on the pounds. I was always pretty thin, my lifestyle didn't allow for gaining much weight as I did a lot of walking everywhere I went. Then one day a random attacker stabbed me in the leg. I was unable to walk very well for about 5 months, he got me in the shin and as you probably know that area is slow to heal. I still don't walk very well, but the worst thing is, I became a shut in. Over the last 7 yrs since the "incident" I just sat in front of my computer, only leaving when it was absolutely necessary. In that time I ballooned up to 350lb.

I was recently diagnosed with diabetes and that was my wake up call, so to speak. So far it is working pretty well. I have since moved to a safer city and am dieting and going to the gym every day. I still have a long way to go but as I was just telling someone else, being stronger and lighter really makes big difference in the quality of my life.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Your story is so well written and, I won't lie, brought a few tears to my eyes. Congratulations on your remarkable accomplishments on the inside and on the out.
  • Geminihuntress
    Geminihuntress Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    So proud of you for winning...You are one strong lady!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!