It was an accident (pics)

Options

Replies

• kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Your story gave me chills. You are one strong, amazing woman. You look fantastic too! (I hope you bought the pants and the dress too!!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your lovely comments, many of which brought tears to my eyes. Many of you are people for whom I have a great deal of respect due to forum posts, and/or seeing your posts on friends' newsfeed updates. It's been a very long road for me, with a number of detours. I had a therapist who once told me I could choose to be a victim or I could choose to be a survivor. At the time, I was angry that I had to choose, I wanted the option to just be me. I finally am, and while I'm proud of myself for becoming normal-sized, I'm also proud that I have finally gotten to a point where I just "am." I am at peace with the assault and the place it has in my life.
  • nkler
    nkler Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    well done amazing job
  • janieardine
    Options
    Wow! I am really proud of you! I really mean that!
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    Kudos to you my dear. You've managed to get past something some of us never will, far more important than a number on a scale. Mind you, that is a lovely bonus! You look fabulous! Thank you for posting. I'm sure you will be bombarded with responses, but if you have a moment, what is the couch to 5K? Is there a link? Thank you and congratulations again!

Here is the link to "the" couch to 5 k program. I was morbidly obese and way too out of shape for this one though:

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml

Here is a link to the one I actually followed (well, I ditched it after a few weeks and just went, but this is how I started):

http://www.frontrunnercolumbus.com/beginner-runner-training-schedule

Hope that helps.

And people who say the mfp forums are full of meanies are crazy. You all rock!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story! You have probably helped more people than you could ever realize. So many people have repressed anger and resentment they aren't even aware of, and they don't know what that does to their overall health. You've shown them how to let go and take back their lives!
  • bwallace2012
    bwallace2012 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    as Forest Gump sez, xxit happens. that was then and this is now. so proud of you for re-claiming your life.

it might also be helpful for you to regard your attacker as a victim. that was one sick puppy, and he must have had a horrific life to have been brought to that point. forgiveness may be impossible, but compassion makes you a compassionate person, and therefore even stronger.

blessings.
  • wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    You, girlfriend, are officially my hero. You ROCK. You're amazing. You're an inspiration. THANK YOU.

I hope you did take that dress on your trip, cause you look great in it.

Thank God for squirrels and excitable dogs. And thank God for strong women like you.

Peace to you.
  • stunningalmond
    stunningalmond Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    You are amazing! Thank you for sharing your story. You're very strong and inspiring and you should be absolutely 100% proud of everything you have overcome.
  • sklarbodds
    sklarbodds Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story. Seriously, thanks for taking the time to write it up :)
  • edack72
    edack72 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!!!!
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    This is wonderful! And you're a great writer btw!!
  • luvs2read1979
    luvs2read1979 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Your story is inspiring! Congrats on your success thus far!
  • Penelope2738
    Penelope2738 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your lovely comments, many of which brought tears to my eyes. Many of you are people for whom I have a great deal of respect due to forum posts, and/or seeing your posts on friends' newsfeed updates. It's been a very long road for me, with a number of detours. I had a therapist who once told me I could choose to be a victim or I could choose to be a survivor. At the time, I was angry that I had to choose, I wanted the option to just be me. I finally am, and while I'm proud of myself for becoming normal-sized, I'm also proud that I have finally gotten to a point where I just "am." I am at peace with the assault and the place it has in my life.
    God Bless you, and I pray that you continue on in healing and thriving. You have done an amazing thing, to come through without bitterness, and to actually share your story with us...! I hope you congratulate yourself every morning. Thank you so much for sharing this. In these times of fear, it is important and an inspiration to hear.
  • smaihlee
    smaihlee Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    First of all...WOW. What a story. You have accomplished some seriously amazing things! I'm still pretty new to this, and I love seeing stories like yours because they are truly great motivation.

Second of all...

Measurements: 52” (yes – all 3 the same, cause that’s sexy)

OMG. I love your sense of humor. This got me into a 10-minute giggle fit that left my co-workers wondering what was up over here. So thanks for that, too!!
  • indygal76
    indygal76 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration you are!!! You look great!!!!
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I have a some what similar story to yours, feels incredible to be reclaiming your life back and not letting them do that to you anymore. Congrats on moving forward and fighting for yourself! Never stop!

Zara x
  • gc_tweety
    gc_tweety Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Your accomplishments, inside and out, are amazing. Thank you for sharing it with us.
  • sherri33s
    sherri33s Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I need that this morning. You are amazing and congrats on your progress
  • jvl1973
    jvl1973 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing! What an inspirational story. I am glad I took the time to read this. I wish you continued success!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!