Do you like your height?

Options

Replies

• melinda200208
    melinda200208 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Wear the heels!!! I wear small heels but it still gives me the satisfaction of feeling sexy :) You could pull it off, you would still be shorter than your boyfriend/husband...
    I'm 5'11" and I don't like it. I want to wear heels but heels make me look gigantic! makes me feel manly :(

Me too! I'm 5'10" and I never wear heels because I feel like a freakin giant everywhere I go.

Plus you always get " you are SO TALL", like gee thanks, I hadn't noticed.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,646 Member
    Options
    As long as I can ride rollercoasters, I'm cool with it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    Options
    If I could have chosen to be taller, I would've. Being a 5'8 dude feels a little short sometimes, but at least I'm compact and can fit into any car I want

look on the bright side, at least you're not 5'6"
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    5'10" and love it!! I still wear heels when I feel like it, and flats when I don't. Wouldn't trade or lose and inch for anyone!
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    6' and yes, i LOVE it! Even more when I'm rocking a pair of heels!!!

ETA - the boyfriend is 5'8" and he loves it when i rock the heels too. Yay for secure men!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I wish I was taller, but just a little. I'm 5'4 I would like to be like 5'8, all of that height added to my legs.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    I'm okay being 5'11", but there are times when I imagine that being 6'4" or so would help me be a bigger bad *kitten*.
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I'm 6-0 and very happy with my height. I'm now at 227 pounds and I can now buy clothes pretty much anywhere. I still have another 25-30 pounds to lose but I'm happy where I'm at. I don't hit my head on door frames and I can set in a normal size car, use a normal size bike, and pretty much anything else. I know a guy who is 7-feet and it was like a disability for him.
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Really, what is the point of this thread rather than comparing yourself to others? We can't change out height, eye color, skin color, body type, etc. Might as well love ourselves for what we have and are.

Chill out...it is just a fun question. calm down...geez..
  • purpleprose78
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and that is the only that I don't like about my height as well. Reaching the top shelf would be awesome.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Not really. I'm 6 ft and would give up a few inches (preferably from my torso). 5'10" would be great.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" I'm doing yoga 3 times a week to help lengthen my body. :flowerforyou:
  • Helenavee42
    Helenavee42 Posts: 175
    Options
    I love my height. I'm 5'5. I'm not too tall but not too short. I can get low but still reach stuff on the top shelf (mostly)
  • BigBrunette
    BigBrunette Posts: 1,543 Member
    Options
    I like being 5'5". Especially when I wear four-inch heels.
  • seths_wife
    seths_wife Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm 5'5 so it's pretty average height I would think. :smile:
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I love it. I'm 5'0. I can stand up under the overhead bins on airplanes. I can ask hot dudes to reach things for me on the top shelf at the grocery store and keep it legit. I can wear awesome shoes and still be shorter than pretty much every guy I know. Really the only thing that sucks about it is that I might as well add $40 to the cost of every dress I buy because they will invariably need alterations.
  • BrittanyMG3
    BrittanyMG3 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Nope, I am 5'1-3/4" ... the 3/4 counts!! It makes me look like a plum when I am fat and I need a stool to reach everything... my top shelf of my cabinets is empty because I cant use it anyway. lol the only benefit is I don't have to duck under things as much.
  • FrenchMob
    FrenchMob Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    5'10" and happy with it. Surprisingly my parents are both under 5'7" so I'm just happy I made it to where I am..lol
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Yes, I think 6'0" is a nice height.
  • mike_ny
    mike_ny Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I'm actually a little too short for my weight, but I'm well on working to getting that proportion correct (for weight, not height).

It would be nice to be an inch taller at least in the legs. Most slacks come in 30" inseams and I wear a 29, so it's more of find the size first and see what's available than find the style first and then the size and have to hem everything. Other than that I'm fine with my height, even if it is a little shorter than average.