Do you like your height?

Options

Replies

• NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Mostly yes. All of the clothes I buy go straight to my tailor to be narrowed which is kind of a pain. At 6'4 I feel like I stick out more which give me incentive to stay in good shape. I always hated being "that tall skinny guy". I'd be curious to try out 6'2 though and see what that's like.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    ya its ok. im 5'6
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    No! 5'9'' is pretty short for a guy
  • 5erious
    5erious Posts: 469
    Options
    5 10 master race checking in
  • 1two3four
    1two3four Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I am 5'.

I'm mostly OK with it. I don't love not being able to reach things but I deal with it.

The hardest thing is clothes. I have a 27" inseam. Most petite pants are 29", sometimes 28". And the trend is up to 30" for some non petite sizes in "short" length for people to wear heels --- this might be OK if I could actually wear heels but I'm restricted to flats so I'm stuck with horribly long pants. Most dresses are laughable and I'm too cheap to get them altered.

Socks and shoes aren't much better -- I have to hit up the kids department!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1 and love it :D
  • astrylian
    astrylian Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Mostly yes. All of the clothes I buy go straight to my tailor to be narrowed which is kind of a pain. At 6'4 I feel like I stick out more which give me incentive to stay in good shape. I always hated being "that tall skinny guy". I'd be curious to try out 6'2 though and see what that's like.

-sighs heavily-

We need more tall men in Chicago. That is, except for on the train. Tall men like you like to surround me on the CTA where I have difficulty grabbing something to hold on to - while tall people can simply reach over my head for the bars. Could hold onto one of the handsome ones, I suppose.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" I really wish I was 5'7"......my two brothers are really tall too, not fair!
  • theycallyoumister
    theycallyoumister Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    6'2''...I'm good with it :smile:
  • trannguyen2711
    Options
    I'm a 5'4 female, pretty short but I love it!
  • violettatx
    violettatx Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 10" and I love it! I wouldn't trade my long legs for anything.
  • mbaroncelli
    mbaroncelli Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    NO! I am only 5' and sometimes it can be really annoying because you look bigger when you are shorter! it can be frustrating!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 4.5" and I like it just fine. I have friends who are shorter and friends who are taller. I think my height suits me. The strange thing is that I know people who measure exactly my height, but I look taller than they do.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'3 so I think I'm doing pretty good.
  • supbanana
    supbanana Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I'm 5'10", tall for my area, but I rock the heels anyway because it makes me happy. I always wanted to be 6' but I'm okay with where I'm at.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    5'0!

Love it!!
  • pure_of_heart
    pure_of_heart Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and felt too tall when I was younger, but now I love it

Exact same answer. :)
  • PeanutButterLuver
    Options
    I'm 5'8 & love heels. Sometimes I feel too tall with high heels. However.. I'd rather have my height than be short. Just sayin.
  • jfaironair
    jfaironair Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    What's with the 5'2' or shorter people hating their height!! I love being short. As I find most men love it also. I seemed to fit perfectly into my ex-boyfriends arms and I all I dated was 6 feet and over.
  • beeblebrox82
    beeblebrox82 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    6'4" is a pain in the *kitten*.