EVIl DIRTY FOOD

Options

Replies

• HotMummyMission
    HotMummyMission Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    Is your diet normally low-fat? If you're not getting enough dietary fat and then you eat something take-out that can cause stomach issues. It's not because the food is "evil" or "dirty," it's just not what you're used to.

No love it's normally high fat foods but I eat very good the high fat foods are things like milk an yoghurt I haven't had something like this for 5 months so it's really shown me how bad it affects your body
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    All things are fine in moderation.

Disagree. Corn does not belong on Pizza. That is not fine.

Cheese. That is wrong. Could not eat a pizza if my life depended on it. I understand where the OP is coming from though to fair. I can't eat half the crap I used to either. The exception to this is chocolate. It's like crack to me. I can't quit it. Never. Ever.

Hhaha oh god yes chocolate will never affect my body haha I think it could have been the cheese I'm not sure I didn't want to eat it last night but did because we bought it ill learn to make my own food instead next time hhaha
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Unless you've rolled Satan around in some mud and then spitroast him your food is not EVIL DIRTY FOOD.

It is just food that you choose not to eat.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options
    thanks for sharing

I so get what you are saying

I have a few saying that help me

1. NOTE TO SELF: When I eat like crap, I feel like crap

2."If you did have a million-dollar racehorse, would you let him stay up half the night drinking coffee and booze, smoking cigarettes and eating junk food?" "Would you treat your 10-dollar dog or your 5-dollar cat that way? What about your billion-dollar body?"

good on you for sharing and gettngback on track

anyone can add me

At least that racehorse sounds like he'd be fun to be around.
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    Unless you've rolled Satan around in some mud and then spitroast him your food is not EVIL DIRTY FOOD.

No it's food that makes you feel dirty and makes your body sick therefor makes it evil ;)
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Threads like this make me cry.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I can understand certain foods making you feel bad, but I cannot understand this concept of clean/dirty as applied to food.

Grease made your pizza "dirty"? Or what, exactly?

It made me feel dirty, my insides feel disgusting , it's made me have spots so I look greasy! Haha more of slang talk I think

I highly doubt the pizza made you get spots.

I know I get acne when I don't take proper care of my skin, but foods have never caused me spots.

frankly I think it's all in your head.
  • ghhosstt
    ghhosstt Posts: 112
    Options
    I don't think it's good to view certain foods as "bad" or "evil and gross". Thinking this way will have you developing an unhealthy relationship with food -- especially if you're in it for the long haul as far as diet and health. It's okay to treat yourself now and then. :)

I do agree with others that said it was because your body was not used to digesting that amount of fat. Red meat can make me feel very ill, but only because I don't eat it very often and don't have much of a taste for it. You can enjoy these foods if you sloowly work them into your diet again.
  • talk2elles
    talk2elles Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    If you have a big craving for pizza you should try tortilla (wrap) pizzas. I make them with my daughter, and her friends if they come round.

1 tortilla wrap
    1 tbsp tomato paste
    Sprinkle with cheese
    As many toppings as you like (I'm a red onion, mixed peppers and pineapple girl but my daughter loves sweetcorn on hers)

8-12 minutes in the oven and you have a crispy, cheesy pizza with way less calories and additives but it's still really good and it tides me over until the craving has gone
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    I can understand certain foods making you feel bad, but I cannot understand this concept of clean/dirty as applied to food.

It made me feel dirty, my insides feel disgusting , it's made me have spots so I look greasy! Haha more of slang talk I think

I know I get acne when I don't take proper care of my skin, but foods have never caused me spots.

How do you know what gives me spots or not I never ever get spots EVER apart from when I eat greasy foods like that .
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    I don't think it's good to view certain foods as "bad" or "evil and gross". Thinking this way will have you developing an unhealthy relationship with food -- especially if you're in it for the long haul as far as diet and health. It's okay to treat yourself now and then. :)

I do agree with others that said it was because your body was not used to digesting that amount of fat. Red meat can make me feel very ill, but only because I don't eat it very often and don't have much of a taste for it. You can enjoy these foods if you sloowly work them into your diet again.

Red meat does that to me when I eat a lot in a week but I really don't want to work that filth back into my life I will eat pizza but not take away pizza it's made me so ill and only off 2 slices baring in mind it was a16" hahah
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    If you have a big craving for pizza you should try tortilla (wrap) pizzas. I make them with my daughter, and her friends if they come round.

1 tortilla wrap
    1 tbsp tomato paste
    Sprinkle with cheese
    As many toppings as you like (I'm a red onion, mixed peppers and pineapple girl but my daughter loves sweetcorn on hers)

8-12 minutes in the oven and you have a crispy, cheesy pizza with way less calories and additives but it's still really good and it tides me over until the craving has gone

I do this with my daughter making are own pizzas but I use hardly any cheese so it's lovely x
  • ImpossibleGrl
    Options
    Food is not dirty. Food is not evil. Food in and of itself doesn't actually cause acne, especially after one day. It's just food. Maybe it's food you don't eat as much of anymore, and then when you stuff yourself, of course your body is going to react to it. Has NOTHING to do with it being dirty or evil. And how much did you eat? You say "after the FIRST HOUR of eating it." What? No matter how slow I eat, and I eat pretty slowly, one piece would still be gone in about 15 minutes. You don't necessarily need more than 1-2 pieces of pizza at a time for a normal meal, especially if you haven't eaten it in a while. I couldn't even eat more than 2 without exploding at this point. But I certainly do eat pizza on occasion and will continue to do so, because it fits in with my goals and with what I like to eat. And I don't feel guilty, because guilt has nothing to do with food.

But good for you for recognizing that if it made you feel sick, and maybe it's better FOR YOU to either avoid or cut back on certain kinds of food. :flowerforyou:
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options

How do you know what gives me spots or not I never ever get spots EVER apart from when I eat greasy foods like that .

Correlation does not equal causation

Just because you eat greasy food and then get spots, does not mean the food is causing your spots
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options

No it's food that makes you feel dirty and makes your body sick therefor makes it evil ;)

Who is 'you' in this statement? It might make you feel this way as an individual. But it certainly doesn't make me or many other people feel that way. Please try and remember you are not the centre of the universe. k thanks.
  • HotMummyMission
    Options
    Food is not dirty. Food is not evil. Food in and of itself doesn't actually cause acne, especially after one day. It's just food. Maybe it's food you don't eat as much of anymore, and then when you stuff yourself, of course your body is going to react to it. Has NOTHING to do with it being dirty or evil. And how much did you eat? You say "after the FIRST HOUR of eating it." What? No matter how slow I eat, and I eat pretty slowly, one piece would still be gone in about 15 minutes. You don't necessarily need more than 1-2 pieces of pizza at a time for a normal meal, especially if you haven't eaten it in a while. I couldn't even eat more than 2 without exploding at this point. But I certainly do eat pizza on occasion and will continue to do so, because it fits in with my goals and with what I like to eat. And I don't feel guilty, because guilt has nothing to do with food.

But good for you for recognizing that if it made you feel sick, and maybe it's better FOR YOU to either avoid or cut back on certain kinds of food. :flowerforyou:

I love food hahah I eat loads all day everyday but I haven't had a take away pizza in 5 months and my body has had a huge reaction to it iv gained 2 inches all over in water weight and came out in a huge zit on my chin. It was my treat night an I had 2 slices (quite big) and I do eat very slow hhaha it can take me 2 hours to finish a meal so I tend to eat every 2 hours rather than one big meal. It ,ade me so ill even after an hour of eating it like I said .. I learnt my lesson and will stick to eating clean from now on and a lot of water today
  • HotMummyMission
    Options

Who is 'you' in this statement? It might make you feel this way as an individual. But it certainly doesn't make me or many other people feel that way. Please try and remember you are not the centre of the universe. k thanks.

If you want to eat it eat it! There's not one word in there that indicates that I'm the centre of the universe but you carry on with your negativity towards others :) have a fabulous day
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    Sorry your pizza sucked. I'll think of you the next time I'm enjoying a cheesy crust pepperoni lovers with extra cheese and a side of garlic bread...

I use to love it so much but after eating clean for 5 months it's made me realise how dirty and greasy it is! Lesson learned looks like I'm never gaining weight again hhaha

It's a shame you have to cut out food you love to lose weight. i have decided to eat in moderation - the 80/20 rule. Works for me and I can eat pizza with my friends and not be ill.

Pizza doesn't have to be dirty or greasy. You're clearly eating the wrong pizza. No food is evil, good luck never indulging. I choose to learn from your post that moderation is far more sensible than cutting out foods I love.

^^self control and discipline is an awesome thing to have but it takes hard work sometimes.
    I always said that I would not cut out any food, but the more I choose healthier foods the more I want healthier foods and don't crave the "good in moderation" stuff.

I don't "crave" anything, I just like all different foods and If I fancy something I'll eat it if I can make it fit my macros (and sometimes even if it doesn't). Today I fancy lots of veg - so I'm going to have a stir fry for lunch and salmon and veg for dinner.

Eating a balance diet shouldn't be hard work - that to me says that you are doing it wrong. Your comment on self control and discipline seem to me to be the words of someone who thinks that if you eat "bad" food you should be punished in some way.

PS everything is good in moderation - nothing is healthy in excess, neither pop tarts or broccoli or water.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options

If you want to eat it eat it! There's not one word in there that indicates that I'm the centre of the universe but you carry on with your negativity towards others :) have a fabulous day

it might have been this quote in your opening post
    I hope people learn from my mistake and learn to love there bodies and stop filling it with crap! ... I hope your learn from my mistake.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options

I love food hahah I eat loads all day everyday but I haven't had a take away pizza in 5 months and my body has had a huge reaction to it iv gained 2 inches all over in water weight and came out in a huge zit on my chin. It was my treat night an I had 2 slices (quite big) and I do eat very slow hhaha it can take me 2 hours to finish a meal so I tend to eat every 2 hours rather than one big meal. It ,ade me so ill even after an hour of eating it like I said .. I learnt my lesson and will stick to eating clean from now on and a lot of water today

Did you get gassy when you first started eating loads of vegetables? Did you also say, these vegetables must be bad for me because my intestines are acting strangely towards them? It's called adaptation. Of course you're going to have problems consuming take out pizza if you haven't had it in 5 months. Your body is not used the salt, fat, ingredients etc. AND before you say salt and fat are bad for you they are not. They are essential to you being alive and functioning properly.
This discussion has been closed.