Not sure where to put this - My husband Sucks! LOL

Options

Replies

• palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I had this same issue but with my boyfriend's brother's girlfriend. I have been consistently loggin for almost 100 days, and counting calories on and off for the last 2-3 years with plenty of breaks (and pounds regained) in between. I do a big weigh in once a month so as to not let the scale get to my head, and due to going over and not exercising and my birthday I put up a measly 1 lb loss for the MONTH of April. I was talking to the girlfriend on Saturday (with a 24 oz high calorie beer in her hand) and she said she lost 3.7 lbs her first WEEK of a weight loss challenge she's doing at work. It is frustrating but just know it's so much easier in the beginning because there's just more to lose and you suddenly cut back on some of the bad stuff you've been eating regularly. Don't get discouraged you have the knowledge to help you AND hubby....think of it as a journey together not so much a competition.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I feel you. My husband looks at the stationary bike while eating two pieces of birthday cake and 3 ounces of vanilla ice cream and loses weight!
  • saxmaniac
    saxmaniac Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    ROFL!!!! Wouldn't most men?? You must have the child birth too though if you trade for that!

Hell no I don't have to... ;) I'd use BC!

This isn't the '50s anymore!
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    I ran outside this morning with no shirt. It felt awesome!
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    ..... men have an easier time of it than women. It's because they are weaker than we are and need it to be easy!

I agree lol!
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Only a woman would view someone else's successful weight loss as a reason to be angry with them. THAT'S what I think is disgusting.

YAAAAAY FOR GENDER GENERALIZATIONS SQUUUEEEE WEEEEE
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Congratulate him! Tell him he is doing an awesome job and that you are proud of him. If you can get him hooked on this in the first week or two it will be so good for him long term. Console yourself with the fact that you are helping him do this. (but let him take all the credit if he wants to)
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Since I lost 11 lbs., i now weigh the same as my 6' 1" boyfriend. He's slender and needs to put on some muscle. I'm hoping to inspire him so we are ready for the Zombie Apocolypse.
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    How about just being happy for him?
  • BurtHuttz
    BurtHuttz Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    No particular reason I'm asking, but are you upset enough to consider infidelity?
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Imagine my glee when my fella challenged me to get lighter than him, I was 4lbs heavier, he was watching what he ate too. Thought it was an impossible challenge. I'm now 9lbs lighter. He drinks I don't.. Makes a huge difference! He eats what iI cook and no I'm not sabotaging him. Now I can taunt him to catch me... Doesn't seem to be working these days though! Was nice to kick his *kitten* though!
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! My SO is watching what he eats (like I am) but has way more cheats. Infact one day he ate 7 pcs of pizza! and at the weigh in a few days later had lost 6lbs. I watched, counted everything and lost .2
    Mentally, I kill him... a lot..... lol

bwaaahaaaaa our mind is a powerful thing ;)

Just a side note instead of posting this reply to you then another to all the "serious" people on this posting that think I was honestly BS with my husband for losing weight - note smiley..the following is not towards you...

People lighten the F up!!!!!!! Seriously...I am not sure how many more times I could of put LOL - LMAO - etc etc to show that I was not seriously pissed at my husband for losing weight. Get some calories in ya and breathe!! If you missed the beginning of my post..I AM THE ONE WHO PLANS HIS FOOD...I am ultimately responsible and take FULL credit for his weight loss!! Not AT ALL upset!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    I will never understand people venting about their families on here. Your husband is your family. Why aren't you happy and proud of him? So what if he calls you every day? Isn't that what a relationship should be?
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! My SO is watching what he eats (like I am) but has way more cheats. Infact one day he ate 7 pcs of pizza! and at the weigh in a few days later had lost 6lbs. I watched, counted everything and lost .2
    Mentally, I kill him... a lot..... lol

bwaaahaaaaa our mind is a powerful thing ;)

Just a side note instead of posting this reply to you then another to all the "serious" people on this posting that think I was honestly BS with my husband for losing weight - note smiley..the following is not towards you...

People lighten the F up!!!!!!! Seriously...I am not sure how many more times I could of put LOL - LMAO - etc etc to show that I was not seriously pissed at my husband for losing weight. Get some calories in ya and breathe!! If you missed the beginning of my post..I AM THE ONE WHO PLANS HIS FOOD...I am ultimately responsible and take FULL credit for his weight loss!! Not AT ALL upset!

All the CAPS and exclamation points say otherwise.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    All husbands suck on occassion. Even if it was just that one time in college.
  • Rak0ribz
    Rak0ribz Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I wanted to add another data point - when I first started losing weight, it just melted off. All I was doing was hitting the gym 3 times a week and watching my calories; because I was a fairly big guy to start with, I didn't even have to restrict my calories all that much. My weight loss slowed _way_ down after the first 20 pounds or so - you'll have your revenge. :)
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you want your husband to lose weight.
    He is calling you for approval and encouragement. We all expect our guys to encourage us 24-7...we should do the same REGARDLESS of whether or not we think "its not real weight loss" etc.

My two cents: Encourage him when he reports good results and he will try harder. Guys LOVE approval. The best thing you can say is "I'm proud of you." Not "You are doing it wrong."
    Be proud that he is trying! Encouragement is key. Don't tear him down... ( why do we ladies all expect this treatment, but think its weird that guys need it too?)

I dont understand being jealous of your spouses success. His success should be yours and yours should be his. Let him enjoy losing those first easy to lose pounds...it will keep him encouraged when it gets harder!
    Good luck with to you both! :smile:

EDIT: LOL I just saw your comment about not being mad...sorry your LOLs came off as sarcastic to us less intuitive readers. So nevermind, Good for you both! And YES my husband also loses weight a ton times faster then me...its like his fat hates him while mine loves me! :laugh:
  • estrange22
    estrange22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    have him track his measurements each day....that'll teach him. I'm jokin folks so don't start in on me.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    No particular reason I'm asking, but are you upset enough to consider infidelity?

LMAO not in a million years!!!