Not sure where to put this - My husband Sucks! LOL

Replies

• chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Calls me from work Monday morning giggling and says.."I lose weight just thinking about dieting..already lost 4 pounds! Down to 293" I call him an *kitten* and explain..night time verse AM..night always weighs more. So 293 is starting weight..good to know.

Official diet goes well Monday...he calls me yet again from work today to tell me his weight this AM was 288..WTH!!! (before yelling at him for being a man and having the ability to lose weight at a disgusting rate..I had to tell him NOT to weigh himself every day but more importantly if he does NOT to call me every time either LMAO)

How the heck...?? I actually weighed myself to make sure the scale was not broken...it's not...5 pounds one day?!?! ugggg

He dropped a deuce. Ever notice how larger dogs leave more than smaller dogs?
    Think about it...

LMAO I am so using that when he calls tomorrow (I know he will! :})
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,275 Member
    I wonder how he'd feel if he knew you were posting this about him so openly....over and over again \m/

No different than facebook where I have done the same and vice versa except here you do not know him. The only real difference is...people I generally associate with have an actual sense of humor unlike 80% of this site :(

Why don't you sign him up for MFP so he can join in on all your "funny" posts?

LOLOLOLOL
    QFT \m/
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    These people that are getting bent out of shape that she's mean and degrading and not happy... do none of you actually joke around with people and say things like "you suck" or "you're an *kitten*!!" as a joke? I'm confused... I mean, I know it's hard for tone to come off in writing on a forum, but really?!? Get a grip. I think you all need a little more calories, a cheat day... SOMETHING... and maybe you won't be so freakin' grumpy!

no I don't "you're an *kitten*" or "You suck" as a joke....and i'm a happy person... a really happy person...and I eat just enough thank you.

I just don't think we need to be all "sarcastically condescending" just to be funny....the jokes old...

like really old.....

lets try something new like being really supportive and happy for the other person with sincerity and laughing at THAT!

(the problem with sarcasm...especially positive joke sarcasm...is that it's misread...and starts resentment issues....i've seen it happen WAY too much...with my friends, with my co workers....that one joke-y "You're an *kitten*" comment said to a person on the wrong day can get in their head and make them wonder about themselves...)

what happened to being just plain nice and funny.
  • chasetwins
    I wonder how he'd feel if he knew you were posting this about him so openly....over and over again \m/

No different than facebook where I have done the same and vice versa except here you do not know him. The only real difference is...people I generally associate with have an actual sense of humor unlike 80% of this site :(

LOLOLOLOL

Maybe if one of the others that felt the need to dig through my profile for attacking usage dug deep enough...they would of brought to your attention...he is on here...if that makes you feel better. But probably not since this now depletes your giggle :p..
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member

LOLOLOLOL

Maybe if one of the others that felt the need to dig through my profile for attacking usage dug deep enough...they would of brought to your attention...he is on here...if that makes you feel better. But probably not since this now depletes your giggle :p..

Ouch. That hurt. <
    Proper use of sarcasm.
  • MattN1972
    MattN1972 Posts: 117
    Didnt read all the responses but I recall the first day of adding more fiber in my diet, i lost about 5 lbs in 15 minutes.

The scale can sometimes be the most inaccurate way to judge. Let's just hope he can sustain this longterm.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member

LOLOLOLOL

Let me get this straight:

You are offended because others are offended because you posted a topic whining about your husband knowing that the people who read it don't know him.

I realize your post was meant to be light-hearted, but you have to realize that others have the right to determine how "funny" it actually is in their own opinion. Perhaps, they are putting themselves in your husband's shoes and would not like for their significant others to talk about them behind their backs on the internet.
  • Thkthk
    Thkthk Posts: 1
    Don't worry ladies ,it catches up to the men as they get older. I have to stick to about 1400 cal. To keep losing weight.
  • chasetwins
    Didnt read all the responses but I recall the first day of adding more fiber in my diet, i lost about 5 lbs in 15 minutes.

The scale can sometimes be the most inaccurate way to judge. Let's just hope he can sustain this longterm.

I have to be careful with his fiber as he is somewhat sensitive to it :/ but ya..he would lose it in 5 too!! haha
    - He knows he needs to be in this for the long haul (we would like to be at our children's wedding :) ) and I prepped for a week with him talking about this and that. At the end...he says "your doing this with me right? Like even after your done because I need you behind me!" :)
    While I know this...I do need to find a way for him to build his own confidence so he is not questioning everything he eats. He just started so like all of us it is a learning process!! Right now I plan and lead...it is up to him to follow and pick up things as he goes :)
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Don't worry ladies ,it catches up to the men as they get older. I have to stick to about 1400 cal. To keep losing weight.

bush_doing_it_wrong_1.jpg
  • chasetwins

:) thank you for something to look forward to! I may get to retire and gloat all at the same time!! (1400 cal for a guy..eeek that is low!)
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Read about "phantom weight loss" by this Russian-American guy, Konstantin Monastyrsky. Basically, the first 15 lbs are water, and poop. Add to that the fact that heavier people lose weight faster, and men have an easier time of it than women. It's because they are weaker than we are and need it to be easy! Edited to say: (I'm joking!)

Don't be discouraged, just keep on working it! (But I'd be pi$$ed off, too!)

Men have it easier than women? Interesting.

I think it has to do with a few things, though I am no doctor. Women tend to chose foods that have more carbs, while men prefer meat or a protein. However it is also lean muscle mass, so the fitter you are the easier it is to lose weight. So that is not specific to men as women can be fit as well. So your argument should be geared towards fit people, not men.
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Wow....sounds like you really have some issues with men...or your hubby....or both!
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member
    I weigh every day and need it don't tell him not to weigh every day. In fact maybe he needs the competition and likes it that he is beating you. Let him
  • chasetwins
    I weigh every day and need it don't tell him not to weigh every day. In fact maybe he needs the competition and likes it that he is beating you. Let him

You know..you have a point there. He is a very competitive person. :} what happens when I am beating him though (can happen LOL)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Calls me from work Monday morning giggling and says.."I lose weight just thinking about dieting..already lost 4 pounds! Down to 293" I call him an *kitten* and explain..night time verse AM..night always weighs more. So 293 is starting weight..good to know.

Official diet goes well Monday...he calls me yet again from work today to tell me his weight this AM was 288..WTH!!! (before yelling at him for being a man and having the ability to lose weight at a disgusting rate..I had to tell him NOT to weigh himself every day but more importantly if he does NOT to call me every time either LMAO)

How the heck...?? I actually weighed myself to make sure the scale was not broken...it's not...5 pounds one day?!?! ugggg

He dropped a deuce. Ever notice how larger dogs leave more than smaller dogs?
    Think about it...

LMAO I am so using that when he calls tomorrow (I know he will! :})

You know, he might not just call you to tell you anymore. Then what would you do with those frustration free moments of your life back! :D
  • aaronlawrenc
    aaronlawrenc Posts: 666 Member
    Why are you competing with your husband? You should be happy that he is losing weight...i think your negativity will discourage him in the long run...you should support him....i feel like your mad at him for trying to be in shape...thats weird
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    So, what youre saying is that youre drinking his water loss? Or that you are butt hurt and venting on the internet rather than using it as motivation to succeed? You see, Im lost...most people support those they like and love, and well...I just dont see it.

In fact, I find you rather offensive.
  • chasetwins
    So, what youre saying is that youre drinking his water loss? Or that you are butt hurt and venting on the internet rather than using it as motivation to succeed? You see, Im lost...most people support those they like and love, and well...I just dont see it.

hmmm then don't read my posts :/ Your problem solved
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member

hmmm then don't read my posts :/ Your problem solved

And you probably will want to listen. She makes threads like this on a regular basis apparently.