• chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    have him track his measurements each day....that'll teach him

haha Right!!! He was awfully upset when i measured his body fat % :/
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    My husband might have an easier time losing/maintaining fat loss, but I sure can build better quads than he can. He has to work way harder at that than I do.. Be happy for your husband!! The grass is not always greener.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Wish my weight could drop like that.

But he really should be waiting until at least two weeks before he starts to compare his weight to starting weight. A starting weight should be first thing in the morning after he has gone to the bathroom so that basically all weight that can be off is off to measure. Wearing no clothing other than underwear also assists in this. If he was fully clothed one day and the next he wasn't while stepping on the scale you can bet there would be a difference!

Don't feel discouraged by it either, we all lose weight by the same or similar methods but we all lose it differently. Just be proud of what you have accomplished and what you are going to accomplish. You never know when he gets close to his goal you may end up being the one who lost it faster :)
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    He is a 300 pound guy. When you first start to lose weight at that kind of BMI you lose it REALLY fast. I lost 20 pounds in my first month of weight loss with about 1/4 the effort it took me to lose 5 pounds in a month after a year of dieting.

Because of his size he also has a lot more water weight to lose, and his body weight can fluctuate a lot more than that of most women. Even now my weight fluctuates 4 pounds in a day sometimes, and I only weigh 190...

This ^^^
    From another guy. When I first started at 280, I lost 7 the first week and 3/week for a while after. Now, I weigh about 190 and it takes me a month to drop ~2 lbs.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    For the record, I'd definitely trade being able to burn more calories for multiple orgasms.
    ROFL!!!! Wouldn't most men?? You must have the child birth too though if you trade for that!
    Who sez? Orgasms and childbirth are mutually-exclusive (birth control, adoption, surrogacy, sterilization, etc.) Many, many loopholes in that hypothetical situation for a man to wuss-out! :laugh:
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Only a woman would view someone else's successful weight loss as a reason to be angry with them. THAT'S what I think is disgusting.
    Not true. I've met plenty of men who are just as spiteful and hateful.

An ugly personality knows no gender limits.

QFT

OP, just a thought, but try being happy for your spouse. At some point he won't lose weight quickly and he'll need your support not your attitude.
  • FranksRumHam
    FranksRumHam Posts: 198 Member
    Options

How the heck...?? I actually weighed myself to make sure the scale was not broken...it's not...5 pounds one day?!?! ugggg

for someone who thinks they are qualified to lead your husband's diet, i'm kinda shocked you didnt see this initial 5 as water and/or normal fluctuation.
  • chasetwins
    Options
    I know what you mean! My SO is watching what he eats (like I am) but has way more cheats. Infact one day he ate 7 pcs of pizza! and at the weigh in a few days later had lost 6lbs. I watched, counted everything and lost .2
    Mentally, I kill him... a lot..... lol

bwaaahaaaaa our mind is a powerful thing ;)

Just a side note instead of posting this reply to you then another to all the "serious" people on this posting that think I was honestly BS with my husband for losing weight - note smiley..the following is not towards you...

People lighten the F up!!!!!!! Seriously...I am not sure how many more times I could of put LOL - LMAO - etc etc to show that I was not seriously pissed at my husband for losing weight. Get some calories in ya and breathe!! If you missed the beginning of my post..I AM THE ONE WHO PLANS HIS FOOD...I am ultimately responsible and take FULL credit for his weight loss!! Not AT ALL upset!

All the CAPS and exclamation points say otherwise.

actually only a small handful of people saw it is descending and being pissed for real (you obviously with in that hand) - the rest saw it exactly as it was meant..to make other women giggle and share their same stories. If I was as mad as you and the others assumed..I am pretty certain LOL would not appear anywhere in the post.

Very few things in life upset me...my husband choosing to follow my lead in a healthy lifestyle certainly would not be one of those! One thing that does certainly annoy me (not upset as I find it sad more than upsetting) is all the negative and / or arrogant people on here that see everything in a negative light. Let the sunshine in once in awhile!
  • chasetwins
    Options
    For the record, I'd definitely trade being able to burn more calories for multiple orgasms.
    ROFL!!!! Wouldn't most men?? You must have the child birth too though if you trade for that!
    Who sez? Orgasms and childbirth are mutually-exclusive (birth control, adoption, surrogacy, sterilization, etc.) Many, many loopholes in that hypothetical situation for a man to wuss-out! :laugh:

LMAO!!!! Just like a man duck and cover!! haha
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! My SO is watching what he eats (like I am) but has way more cheats. Infact one day he ate 7 pcs of pizza! and at the weigh in a few days later had lost 6lbs. I watched, counted everything and lost .2
    Mentally, I kill him... a lot..... lol

bwaaahaaaaa our mind is a powerful thing ;)

Just a side note instead of posting this reply to you then another to all the "serious" people on this posting that think I was honestly BS with my husband for losing weight - note smiley..the following is not towards you...

People lighten the F up!!!!!!! Seriously...I am not sure how many more times I could of put LOL - LMAO - etc etc to show that I was not seriously pissed at my husband for losing weight. Get some calories in ya and breathe!! If you missed the beginning of my post..I AM THE ONE WHO PLANS HIS FOOD...I am ultimately responsible and take FULL credit for his weight loss!! Not AT ALL upset!

All the CAPS and exclamation points say otherwise.

actually only a small handful of people saw it is descending and being pissed for real (you obviously with in that hand) - the rest saw it exactly as it was meant..to make other women giggle and share their same stories. If I was as mad as you and the others assumed..I am pretty certain LOL would not appear anywhere in the post.

Very few things in life upset me...my husband choosing to follow my lead in a healthy lifestyle certainly would not be one of those! One thing that does certainly annoy me (not upset as I find it sad more than upsetting) is all the negative and / or arrogant people on here that see everything in a negative light. Let the sunshine in once in awhile!

The "descending" thing is that you're all too happy to make your husband feel inferior about his lack of knowledge in a topic that you are better informed on: "I called him an *kitten* and told him of course it was water weight," etc.

It's a turn off when people frame things negatively, isn't it?
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    take measurements... he will still beat you in the "race" but it's a better way to tell.

I feel bad for your hubby
  • logicman69
    logicman69 Posts: 1,034 Member
    Options
    My first week of dieting, I went from 305 to 285 in a week. This was due to mostly water weight and the fact that I was starving myself (1000 calories a day and 30 minutes on an eliptical). That evened out after a couple weeks. Weight loss in the begining is quick, especially if you are severly overweight. Lets see if he can stick with it for 6-8 months.
  • fitnessmare
    fitnessmare Posts: 117
    Options
    Read about "phantom weight loss" by this Russian-American guy, Konstantin Monastyrsky. Basically, the first 15 lbs are water, and poop. Add to that the fact that heavier people lose weight faster, and men have an easier time of it than women. It's because they are weaker than we are and need it to be easy!

Don't be discouraged, just keep on working it! (But I'd be pi$$ed off, too!)

"It's because they are weaker than we are and need it to be easy"

LOVE LOVE this!!!! :)

I LOVE this too!!! Made me really LOL! (My husband also started to lose weight (35 days after I started) and he's down 16 pounds already (in 50 days). It's infuriating, I say! I'm down 10 pounds but keep getting stuck. And I'm waaayyy done with having kids! ----just so you know, you're not alone. :)
  • Rhonda21km
    Rhonda21km Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Yes the first couple of weeks usually go nicely with that release of water, and before your body has a chance
    to realize what's going on. His weight will settle but, it may just be that he will lose weight more quickly.
    He is bound to have his challenges though - and he's lucky he has you who has already provided the path of success.
    AND..... how nice is it that he has his healthy meals provided to him?! I say you get all the credit for your own weight loss,
    and half the credit for his as well !! lol
  • MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options

I can't believe people thought you were being negative in your "My Husband Sucks" thread.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, my wife tells me I suck for the same reason. Practically daily. She doesn't mean it, either. Good luck to both of you...it'll be easier since you are doing it together.
  • FATJAKE5
    FATJAKE5 Posts: 162
    Options
    Not trying to be harsh, but if you got rid of that 20 tsp of coffee creamer in the morning and replaced it with something else, I bet that would help.

This is a lifestyle change - not a diet ...the 20 is over the entire course of the day Coffee I REFUSE to give. It works into my macros therefore that is my "treat" I measure that many in the AM and use throughout the day. I also drink over 72 ounces of water a day inbetween. But like I said..coffee will NEVER be out of my diet so it is worked in.

My weight loss has NOT stalled at all from it - 1 pound a week which is a healthy rate...but TX for the advice

Give up coffee?
    Hell NO!

Wife and I started @ the same time. Both average 1200 cal/day. I have lost 25 lbs and she has lost 20 lbs. She has lost 9.8% of her boby weight. I have only lost 8.7% of my body weight. So, she has really lost the most weight. That is how you level the comparison.Divide weight lost by start weight.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    So . . you're husband is successful and enthusiastic about his weight loss?

That is serious grounds for divorce right there. I mean the fact that he doesn't know the scale fluctuates . . what an IDIOT. LMAO.

You should totally cheat on him and then ditch that loser. I can't believe you married him in the first place.
  • chasetwins
    Options
    If it makes you feel better, my wife tells me I suck for the same reason. Practically daily. She doesn't mean it, either. Good luck to both of you...it'll be easier since you are doing it together.

Thank you :) Someone that knows the terms are meant to be sarcastic! :) Give your wife a high five for me and tell her I feel her pain! LOL
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options

I can't believe people thought you were being negative in your "My Husband Sucks" thread.
    It boggles the mind, I tells ya.