Not sure where to put this - My husband Sucks! LOL

Options

Replies

• MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    So, what youre saying is that youre drinking his water loss? Or that you are butt hurt and venting on the internet rather than using it as motivation to succeed? You see, Im lost...most people support those they like and love, and well...I just dont see it.

In fact, I find you rather offensive.

hmmm then don't read my posts :/ Your problem solved

And you probably will want to listen. She makes threads like this on a regular basis apparently.
  • chasetwins
    chasetwins Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    So, what youre saying is that youre drinking his water loss? Or that you are butt hurt and venting on the internet rather than using it as motivation to succeed? You see, Im lost...most people support those they like and love, and well...I just dont see it.

In fact, I find you rather offensive.

hmmm then don't read my posts :/ Your problem solved

And you probably will want to listen. She makes threads like this on a regular basis apparently.

LMFAO Two is considered a regular basis?? Wow! Something new learned every day :P Thanks!
  • storm15918
    storm15918 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    ...I'm confused. Since when are people not allowed to joke and have fun? We've already established that the OP's husband is on MFP, so it's not like he can't see this. And just because some people are overly sensitive and can't handle sarcasm doesn't mean other people don't find it funny. My boyfriend and I use it with each other a lot and we think it's hilarious. If it ever crosses the line we're comfortable enough with each other to say so and not do it again. Did anyone ever think that maybe that's how their relationship is too? It sounds like she supports her husband just fine by making his meals and being a guide for him. Hell, she even said she's happy for him. Maybe everyone just needs to relax and stop flipping out for no reason. There's a huge difference between being unsupportive and having a laugh. Time for everyone to get off of their high horses and chill.

To the OP, I'm sorry people feel the need to be all holier than thou to you. I understood the point of your post and thought it was amusing. If I ever manage to get my boyfriend to eat healthier, I'm sure it'll be similar to your situation lol. I think it's great that you're being a guide and role model for him, and I wish you both the best of luck!
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Read about "phantom weight loss" by this Russian-American guy, Konstantin Monastyrsky. Basically, the first 15 lbs are water, and poop. Add to that the fact that heavier people lose weight faster, and men have an easier time of it than women. It's because they are weaker than we are and need it to be easy! Edited to say: (I'm joking!)

Don't be discouraged, just keep on working it! (But I'd be pi$$ed off, too!)

Men have it easier than women? Interesting.

I think it has to do with a few things, though I am no doctor. Women tend to chose foods that have more carbs, while men prefer meat or a protein. However it is also lean muscle mass, so the fitter you are the easier it is to lose weight. So that is not specific to men as women can be fit as well. So your argument should be geared towards fit people, not men.

I edited this to say that "I'm joking." I happen to be the overweight offspring of an obese MAN. Compulsive eating knows no sex differences.

Why is everyone so offended by the OP's tongue-in-cheek humor.

She doesn't hate her husband.

She is motivated to get fit in order to help him.

I was kidding with her. Just like she is kidding.

Unless I misunderstood.
  • chasetwins
    Options
    ...I'm confused. Since when are people not allowed to joke and have fun? We've already established that the OP's husband is on MFP, so it's not like he can't see this. And just because some people are overly sensitive and can't handle sarcasm doesn't mean other people don't find it funny. My boyfriend and I use it with each other a lot and we think it's hilarious. If it ever crosses the line we're comfortable enough with each other to say so and not do it again. Did anyone ever think that maybe that's how their relationship is too? It sounds like she supports her husband just fine by making his meals and being a guide for him. Hell, she even said she's happy for him. Maybe everyone just needs to relax and stop flipping out for no reason. There's a huge difference between being unsupportive and having a laugh. Time for everyone to get off of their high horses and chill.

To the OP, I'm sorry people feel the need to be all holier than thou to you. I understood the point of your post and thought it was amusing. If I ever manage to get my boyfriend to eat healthier, I'm sure it'll be similar to your situation lol. I think it's great that you're being a guide and role model for him, and I wish you both the best of luck!

Storm - Thank you tons!! :) and yes that is the exact relationship we have. In fact he taught the bird some things that half the people on the post would fine "offensive". Both of us laugh hysterically every time..now if only the bird would repeat what I try to teach him! :/ Been together since 1999 and have not skipped a beat...it works for us (and those that get to share the humor with us!) :)
  • chasetwins
    Options
    Read about "phantom weight loss" by this Russian-American guy, Konstantin Monastyrsky. Basically, the first 15 lbs are water, and poop. Add to that the fact that heavier people lose weight faster, and men have an easier time of it than women. It's because they are weaker than we are and need it to be easy! Edited to say: (I'm joking!)

I think it has to do with a few things, though I am no doctor. Women tend to chose foods that have more carbs, while men prefer meat or a protein. However it is also lean muscle mass, so the fitter you are the easier it is to lose weight. So that is not specific to men as women can be fit as well. So your argument should be geared towards fit people, not men.

I edited this to say that "I'm joking." I happen to be the overweight offspring of an obese MAN. Compulsive eating knows no sex differences.

Unless I misunderstood.

No worries darling :) I got you!! The others clearly have no joking manner left. Keep on smiling...we will live longer :)
  • skinnylynnie74
    skinnylynnie74 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Us: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Them: :noway: :mad:
  • chasetwins
    Options
    Us: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Them: :noway: :mad:

:) Precisely...
  • TwinkieDong
    TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options

Unless I misunderstood.

that is the thing about text, it doesnt have the same affect on people as speech does. We are not able to hear tonality of voice, or facial expressions.
  • MattN1972
    MattN1972 Posts: 117
    Options
    Didnt read all the responses but I recall the first day of adding more fiber in my diet, i lost about 5 lbs in 15 minutes.

The scale can sometimes be the most inaccurate way to judge. Let's just hope he can sustain this longterm.

I have to be careful with his fiber as he is somewhat sensitive to it :/ but ya..he would lose it in 5 too!! haha
    - He knows he needs to be in this for the long haul (we would like to be at our children's wedding :) ) and I prepped for a week with him talking about this and that. At the end...he says "your doing this with me right? Like even after your done because I need you behind me!" :)
    While I know this...I do need to find a way for him to build his own confidence so he is not questioning everything he eats. He just started so like all of us it is a learning process!! Right now I plan and lead...it is up to him to follow and pick up things as he goes :)

Not sure what all this fuss is about. Sounds like you're being a pretty supportive wife. Good luck to both of you.
  • chasetwins
    Options
    Didnt read all the responses but I recall the first day of adding more fiber in my diet, i lost about 5 lbs in 15 minutes.

The scale can sometimes be the most inaccurate way to judge. Let's just hope he can sustain this longterm.

I have to be careful with his fiber as he is somewhat sensitive to it :/ but ya..he would lose it in 5 too!! haha
    - He knows he needs to be in this for the long haul (we would like to be at our children's wedding :) ) and I prepped for a week with him talking about this and that. At the end...he says "your doing this with me right? Like even after your done because I need you behind me!" :)
    While I know this...I do need to find a way for him to build his own confidence so he is not questioning everything he eats. He just started so like all of us it is a learning process!! Right now I plan and lead...it is up to him to follow and pick up things as he goes :)

Not sure what all this fuss is about. Sounds like you're being a pretty supportive wife. Good luck to both of you.

Thanks Matt :)
  • nmn2
    nmn2 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I have been working hard for over 5 months and have lost 12 pounds and no pants sizes yet. Better than nothing but not the results I was expecting.....my husband on the other hand who is not trying and has not exercised once has lost a full pants size due to my cooking healthier! It's not fair!
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    He's male, but we get our revenge later on when we live longer.
  • chasetwins
    Options
    nmn2 - someone on here said to add extra salt to their dish LOL ;)

and Idrosophia..ohhh true ;)
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I know when I was 275, my peak weight, I had 15lbs come off in the first month. Most of that was from dietary change, not exercise. It is true, probably for most men, when you weigh that much and have that much flab its just water weight coming off. No big deal, easy. As I'm learning, hitting my goal weight of 225 is much harder. The progress is slow and not steady or predictable for me, and I need to constantly put in effort and hard work.

Husbands are doofuses. :laugh:
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Just remind him that men lose weight faster than women, but we live longer AND have multiple orgasms. That'll teach him to be cocky.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    My ex went told everyone he lost 150 pounds of ugly fat!

I was PISSED...............:mad:

I do NOT weigh 150 pounds:angry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Me- "I think I will lose some weight!" A month later, after walking 100 miles, eating a field of greens, a river of water, a coop of chickens I am down a pound:grumble:

Him- "I think I will lose some weight" fphlommph.......5 pounds gone.
  • chasetwins
    Options
    Rec - LMAO...why yes they are :) Mine is hoping to be a smaller dooffus and when he gets a little closer to that goal..he will struggle just as I had and by then..I should be at if not near my own goal and can laugh (a lot!) and say hmmm remember how easy you said this was :)

Mels - I am so throwing those two benefits in his face tomorrow when he calls me to gloat more loss ;) I am sure he will get an amazing chuckle out of it!!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Just remind him that men lose weight faster than women, but we live longer AND have multiple orgasms. That'll teach him to be cocky.

but where would be be without their cocky? :wink:

(I am gonna get reported ..........looks around sheepishly)
  • chasetwins
    Options
    My ex went told everyone he lost 150 pounds of ugly fat!

I was PISSED...............:mad:

I do NOT weigh 150 pounds:angry:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Me- "I think I will lose some weight!" A month later, after walking 100 miles, eating a field of greens, a river of water, a coop of chickens I am down a pound:grumble:

Him- "I think I will lose some weight" fphlommph.......5 pounds gone.

ROFL!!!!!!!!!! I love the terminology!!!!