WOMEN: **Heavy-Lifting Free Weights* - 16 month progress

Options

Replies

• Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,939 Member
    Options
    laurie41565 - no, not all of the "progress" is from NROL4W. I started with "body for life", then moved into free weights with NROL4W. NROL4W took me 6 months to complete! I then moved onto NROL4Abs, NROL4Life, and finally, my current program is Venus Index.
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I wish you were standing the same in your before and after...
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Hart - I certainly have improved with "posing", lol.

I *do* have pictures of "before" and "after" in exactly the same pose....it isn't as "dramatic", I'll say that!

I wish quite the opposite....that I had posed like my 'after' pic in my 'before' pic (when I knew NOTHING about "posing"....) because I likely would NOT have spent Jan 1, 2012 crying my eyes out (once I saw the 'before' pic).

:)
  • WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • Rey278
    Rey278 Posts: 41
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!
    I have wanted to start lifting for a while now, but no idea how or where to begin, i struggle at the moment with just 2.5kg weights! haha.
    Well done, very inspirational :smile:
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Girl2686, if you read through this entire thread, it's all in there....the progression of weight-lifting I've done, the time spent on each program, etc.

Hopefully this will help others who might not be seeing DRAMATIC changes in, say, 3 months, to realize that, with time, all of it sorts itself out if you are: a) strength-training; and b) making sure calories in is LESS THAN calories out.
  • anyamb
    anyamb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump for inspiration!
  • anyamb
    anyamb Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump for inspiration!
  • Graham_077
    Graham_077 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!!!
    I have wanted to start lifting for a while now, but no idea how or where to begin, i struggle at the moment with just 2.5kg weights! haha.
    Well done, very inspirational :smile:

Does your gym do an inductions to the weights room? Start light, you'll soon be lifting heavy :) But worth getting good form before the weights get too heavy.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    I do think working with a personal trainer, from time-to-time, for "form checks", etc., is really, really important. But, your "learning" is only going to be as good as your personal trainer - and I tend to find that MOST personal trainers don't know what the heck they are talking about.

So, be picky about your choice of personal trainer!
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    I do think working with a personal trainer, from time-to-time, for "form checks", etc., is really, really important. But, your "learning" is only going to be as good as your personal trainer - and I tend to find that MOST personal trainers don't know what the heck they are talking about.

So, be picky about your choice of personal trainer!
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    lol agreed trainers are ****ing lost..and u look amazing! thank u for this inspiring pic
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Thanks, goodtimezzzz
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look great!
  • acrowder99
    acrowder99 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Beeps - thank you so much for posting. It's very encouraging!

Would you mind sharing the weight you are lifting (maybe what you started with & where you are now)? I am just having a tough time not underestimating what I should be doing. I get a little afraid that either I am going to hurt myself or that I am wasting energy on too light of a weight. Thanks!!
  • Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    great job!! thanks for sharing
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Thanks for sharing!
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    acrowder99 - I'm not lifting UBER-heavy...I tried doing THAT when doing NROL4W and, frankly, I just freaked myself out and convinced myself I'd get "injured". (I did, actually, nurse a naggling injury where my neck/shoulder/back all meet on my left side....through that WHOLE program.)

Squats - 25 lb DBs. I gave up on back squats when I realized that I'm just not getting the form right due to my very short torso and my very long legs. I think squats will always be my lame-est lift!
    Deadlifts - 115 lbs.
    Bench press - 35 lb DBs.

And....I tried a chin-up today - STILL CAN'T DO EVEN ONE, lol.

It's okay, I'll keep trying. Turns out, I'm not THAT interested in how "strong" I am (i.e. I don't want to be an olympic bodybuilder, for instance), I just want to LOOK like the women in fitness magazines look.
  • Beeps2011
    Options
    Sooooooooooo, that means, in terms of "how heavy do you lift?"

1. I do NOT even lift my bodyweight in squats.
    2. I do NOT even lift my bodyweight in deadlifts.
    3. I do NOT even bench press 1/2 my bodyweight.

Probably means, overall, I"ve disappointed every single woman in the stronglifts program, for sure, lol!!
  • 6550mom
    6550mom Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Results speak for themselves.... If anyone is disappointed or expresses any disapproval, they need to look back at page one, post one. Absolutely amazing!

But, I've found most people seem to be impressed with what works (as long as it's not something cray-cray).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!