HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Ugh, just go home already.

Hiiiiiiiii

How YOU doin?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Do you find deadlifting more exhausting than squatting? Because I do.

I find certain mfp members to be more exhausting than doing deadlifts and squats on the same day.

I told you to rest up first. It is your own fault.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options

I find certain mfp members to be more exhausting than doing deadlifts and squats on the same day.

QFT.

And yes, it is more thoroughly exhausting, but it takes me longer to get there with deadlifts. Also my grip strength has increased like woah, and this is coming from a girl who milked goats by hand for a decade. I give a hell of a handjob.
  • whierd
    Options
    Ugh, just go home already.

Hiiiiiiiii

How YOU doin?

Laying in bed waiting for the thread to roll so I can go to sleep. How YOU doin?
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

What if we deadlifted and squatted those mfp members? It could be more efficient. Plus, as they are probably pretty wiggly, it could work tons of muscle groups.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    JHRMd04l.jpg

The butt to end all butts. I'll take 1, please.

Can't even blame (or thank) Lulu. Awesome.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    JHRMd04l.jpg

The butt to end all butts. I'll take 1, please.

Me too, me too

How many are available as I want one also!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    Lea you rock! Heavy lifting made me bulky too.
    da047170-94ca-4408-880c-63f6db05e7cb_zpsb1f1fd5d.jpg

Just revisiting another of my favorites from this thread.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

What if we deadlifted and squatted those mfp members? It could be more efficient. Plus, as they are probably pretty wiggly, it could work tons of muscle groups.

Definitely be using lots of stabilizer muscles!
  • whierd
    Options

QFT.

And yes, it is more thoroughly exhausting, but it takes me longer to get there with deadlifts. Also my grip strength has increased like woah, and this is coming from a girl who milked goats by hand for a decade. I give a hell of a handjob.

First off, I think I love you now.

Second, what do you mean takes you longer? Normally with deadlifts while I am halfway throug warming up I am thinking "Damn, and I still have another 200lbs to add?" I almost want to lay down when I am done.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    Lea you rock! Heavy lifting made me bulky too.
    da047170-94ca-4408-880c-63f6db05e7cb_zpsb1f1fd5d.jpg

Just revisiting another of my favorites from this thread.

werd!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    There's just soo much WIN in this thread right now. My mind can't take it all in.

@1CG, my grip strength is improving too.....my husband loved me before, but WOW what heavy lifting has done for us!!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options

QFT.

First off, I think I love you now.

Second, what do you mean takes you longer? Normally with deadlifts while I am halfway throug warming up I am thinking "Damn, and I still have another 200lbs to add?" I almost want to lay down when I am done.

Maybe Sara can weigh in on if this is even a thing, but with DL i think my problem is that my back is still catching up to my leg strength. I have never gotten DOMS from DLs or felt utterly bone-weary or anything. Last time I DL-ed I pulled a total of 6505 lbs with 75 lifts. And it felt amazing. Yeah, I was exhausted at the end, but I felt great.
  • Otterluv
    Options
    Lea you are sooo inspiring! <3 hehe Now I wanna eat better so I can have abs. lol

Okay so I shudder at sharing this....but oh well. The left pic is pre-lifting. I was doing Jillian Michaels and Chalean Extreme type workouts when that was taken. I was around 175 lbs I think. Lotta flab. The right picture (155#) is after about a year of heavy lifting with a poor diet (I will be the first to admit I would have had better results if I ate better but I love junk food). You don't get the full scope of the changes that took place with just these images but my other ones are too sessay to post and MFP will surely shut them down.
    I don't have to stand so far apart for my thighs to not touch now. *yaaaaay*
    Measurements went from a 40 to a 34 bra, size 12 to sz 6/8 and I'm too lazy to dig up all the numbers from measuring body parts, so you'll just have to deal but everything got smaller and more compact, definitely not bulky.

Why my pics always come out so big?! GAWWWD. I resized and everything. *pouts*

picstitch7.jpg

These legs are to die for!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

689f0c46-0ebb-4b13-8862-fa7622e6362c_zps3ed80777.jpg

DAT BACK!!! :love: :love: :love: Inspirational!!!

*nods*
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    Options
    There's just soo much WIN in this thread right now. My mind can't take it all in.

@1CG, my grip strength is improving too.....my husband loved me before, but WOW what heavy lifting has done for us!!

When I do hanging leg lifts in the gym... AFTER dead lifts... oh man. I feel like a beast. :D
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    Pu, why I'm even bothering to respond to you, I don't ****ing know.

I added 2 lbs of lean body mass in the 5 months I've weight lifted, all while in a deficit. Had I not weight lifted, I would have continued to lose more LBM while being in a deficit. As stated ABOVE MY BEFORE PICTURE, that picture was taken several months before I EVER picked up weights. My starting weight prior to weight lifting was 155 lbs. My starting BF was 27%. I don't have a comparable picture of myself right before weight lifting, so I used one that was taken a few months before. Again, that's why I added a disclaimer. I lost 133 lbs prior to weight lifting, yet only lost 6 sizes. I lost 3 lbs via weight lifting, yet I lost 4 sizes. My measurements in the before picture are the same as they were the day I started weight lifting. You do the ****ing math.

You outright admitted that the only reason you're in here is because I've "trolled" your threads, which, sir, is incorrect. I've not once trolled your threads. I've simply called you out on your blatantly ignorant bull****.

You don't like me. That's fine. I don't like you. But not ONCE have I discredited your weight loss efforts.

Don't you dare ****ing discredit mine.

ETA: Go ahead, Pu. Report the **** out of me. Get the whole thread shut down. I don't care. My point has been made, and now even more people know what a complete **** you are.

wait, i am confused... you don't like people criticizing what you have done?? Oh okay... Maybe you shouldn't do it to other people. Yes i know i look like the *kitten* because no one really knows what you have done... I never got on anyone case, or started crap with anyone. They dish it out to me when it comes back to them they complain. Here is advice to most people who read this, treat people the way you want to be treated. That simple.

Now on subject, I didn't discredit your weight loss. I give you props for that. What i am saying isn't about your weight loss. I even mentioned you do look like you have less body fat. I am not talking about the weight you lost in the past. I am talking about these 5 months of your lifting. I am just saying, weight lifting didn't give you your results(in the last 5 months or whatever). Nothing more, nothing less. That's all.

You can keep saying it but it doesn't make it true. Lifting DID cause the results that she is reporting in this thread. That's the whole point of this thread...and it's backed up by several other women who have posted in success threads and other likewise threads that while on a deficit and either not exercising or just doing cardio they DID NOT get the same results of LBM and smaller size until they started lifting. Smaller measurements but more definition, more LBM, lower BF%...the numbers are there.

Now here's the kicker, how are they going to gain LBM on a calorie deficit? (i will go for newbie gains, but those are small). What i just realized, it's not really about increase of LBM. it's about muscle tension in a relaxed state. (i forgot the name of this). Your muscles look better, but there isn't more muscle mass.The muscles are just contracted when in a relaxed state.

I do agree women can look better lifting weights. I am all for that. This doesn't mean there is an increase of LBM. It actually gets pretty complex. This leads in to different types of hypertrophy(increase of muscle cell size) and neurological adaptation. That's beyond the scope of this discussion. I am saying "weight training didn't cause her 20lbs weight loss(or whatever it was in 5 months). Does she have less fat on her? yes... I am not denying that. As I think of it, I know women about her starting weight and lost about 30-40lbs with out weight lifting and gotten similar results.

You really do miss the whole point of this thread, don't you? Actually, the sad part is, you most likely don't.

I get it, I really do, you're all mad about how you get treated in your threads. You think your logic is the greatest and you think that your way is the supreme easy way...I got that. I also realize that you're on some sort of revenge posting right now...because it's the mature and adult way to handle it.

But...as long as you get the attention you want, that's what's important. Congrats on all of your success. :flowerforyou:
  • Otterluv
    Options
    Maybe Sara can weigh in on if this is even a thing, but with DL i think my problem is that my back is still catching up to my leg strength. I have never gotten DOMS from DLs or felt utterly bone-weary or anything. Last time I DL-ed I pulled a total of 6505 lbs with 75 lifts. And it felt amazing. Yeah, I was exhausted at the end, but I felt great.

^^^ this is more my experience. SL has me only doing 1 measly set of 5, but even when I was doing more sets it left me energized and no DOMS to speak of. I'm not saying that I don't struggle on my last rep, but I feel fine afterwards.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    OP:
    Before, a few months prior to heavy lifting:

Tcu7zpP.jpg

170 lbs. Size 12 dress. Approximately 30% BF.
    Waist = 33 inches
    Hips = 41 inches
    Under bust = 38 inches
    Thighs = 23 inches
    Arms = 13 inches

Now, 5 months after starting a progressive loading heavy lifting program:

ySQwmSK.jpg

151.8 lbs. Size 4 dress. Approximately 20% BF.
    Waist = 27 inches
    Hips = 36.5 inches
    Under bust = 31 inches
    Thighs = 21.5 inches
    Arms = 11 inches

17.2 lbs lost. 4 sizes lost. Approximately 10% BF lost. 21 inches (and counting) lost.

Still think heavy lifting will make you "bulky?" Think again.

Heavy lifting ladies, I invite you to post YOUR before and after pics. Maybe, just maybe, we can attempt to snuff out this, "WEIGHT LIFTING WILL MAKE ME HYOOOOGE" myth.
  • Otterluv
    Options
    Before, a few months prior to heavy lifting:

Tcu7zpP.jpg

170 lbs. Size 12 dress. Approximately 30% BF.
    Waist = 33 inches
    Hips = 41 inches
    Under bust = 38 inches
    Thighs = 23 inches
    Arms = 13 inches

Now, 5 months after starting a progressive loading heavy lifting program:

ySQwmSK.jpg

151.8 lbs. Size 4 dress. Approximately 20% BF.
    Waist = 27 inches
    Hips = 36.5 inches
    Under bust = 31 inches
    Thighs = 21.5 inches
    Arms = 11 inches

17.2 lbs lost. 4 sizes lost. Approximately 10% BF lost. 21 inches (and counting) lost.

Still think heavy lifting will make you "bulky?" Think again.

Heavy lifting ladies, I invite you to post YOUR before and after pics. Maybe, just maybe, we can attempt to snuff out this, "WEIGHT LIFTING WILL MAKE ME HYOOOOGE" myth.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!