HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    ^^thank you :flowerforyou:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Damn, my post didnt make it.

I do get DOMS sometimes from it, but it could be from the squats as well since I get excited and push harder. And when I am done, I am usually so whipped that I spend 15 minutes in the parking lot just sitting until I drive home.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    In for thread roll bump.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    Oh look, heavy lifting made me bulky, too!

No heavy lifting, after losing 23 lbs:
    S63oBzv.jpg

One month of heavy lifting, 5/3/1 program
    The weight difference from the first to second photo is one pound, and I did ZERO cardio or targeted ab work.

mkGUqeL.jpg

6hxI1X9.jpg
    *mfkn swoon*

:flowerforyou:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    In on page one of what I hope to be many more thread rolls of positivity and sexy heavy lifting ladies :flowerforyou:
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Maybe Sara can weigh in on if this is even a thing, but with DL i think my problem is that my back is still catching up to my leg strength. I have never gotten DOMS from DLs or felt utterly bone-weary or anything. Last time I DL-ed I pulled a total of 6505 lbs with 75 lifts. And it felt amazing. Yeah, I was exhausted at the end, but I felt great.

^^^ this is more my experience. SL has me only doing 1 measly set of 5, but even when I was doing more sets it left me energized and no DOMS to speak of. I'm not saying that I don't struggle on my last rep, but I feel fine afterwards.

I get utterly exhausted after my sessions. I do between 80 - 95% of my 1RM so its really taxing on the CNS. I also tend to get a lot of 'swole' in my erectors that lasts for days.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    SQUAT, BEEP!!! (rhymes with witch)

33110506_7732.jpg
    33110506_3110.jpg
    33110506_7742.jpg

6e166584-3a53-457e-aafd-a01c5eb46936_zpscdae92ed.jpg

You're amazing!
  • kiku76
    kiku76 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    subbing for more inspiration
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    In for more photos of gorgeous ladies who lift heavy :flowerforyou:

Can't wait to post my pics someday
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    In on page one of what I hope to be many more thread rolls of positivity and sexy heavy lifting ladies :flowerforyou:

What she said.
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    To all the beautiful sexy ladies who posted pictures...you ALL look utterly FANTASTIC!! I do the best I can with regards to strength/weight training and I can see a real difference.

Pu....you're just being a [ insert desired word here]
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options

What she said.

Me three
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    More pix of heavy lifting ladies, please!

You're all very beautiful--fine examples of the benefits of lifting heavy weights whilst losing fat.

:flowerforyou:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

What she said.

Me three

Count me in.
  • alibab36
    alibab36 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Nearest one i have for before lifting same weight i am now but pre weight training i have huge tummy and very soft b245ef53-fe8e-4869-a72d-708fce09a31f.jpg dont know how to put in one post so will post up after next
  • Momowink
    Momowink Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • hippypippy84
    Options
    Inspiration is right here! You look amazing. X
  • bobf279
    bobf279 Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    bump to view later
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    bump for the inspiration!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!