Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Replies

• jdhosierjdhosier Member Posts: 320 Member Member Posts: 320 Member
    My daughter is lifting heavy with me and she is seeing the same excellent results. I sent her a link to this thread. Thanks for being inspirational.

YOU ROCK!
  • LeenaRunsLeenaRuns Member Posts: 1,318 Member Member Posts: 1,318 Member
    I got bulky too :sad:

LeenaRunssidebyside_zps9fcf8c61.jpg
  • DontStopB_LeakinDontStopB_Leakin Member Posts: 4,096 Member Member Posts: 4,096 Member
    I know you didn't want "bodybuilding poses" but this is the results of a full year of all natural bodybuilding. Took lots of heavy lifting plus special diet and supplements.
    396817_10200106899570418_1426833676_n_zpsd35eacd2.jpg
    You look effing amazing, and even posed out, not at all "bulky".
  • iAMsmilingiAMsmiling Member Posts: 2,415 Member Member Posts: 2,415 Member
    If this thread ever intersects with the vaginal weight thread...
  • usmcmpusmcmp Member, Premium Posts: 21,347 Member Member, Premium Posts: 21,347 Member
    I don't have proper side by sides - but my progress was from a reasonable caloric deficit and lifting some weights.

14e23b06-7716-4547-9e59-c79386d793c0_zps33aefaae.jpg

c537f06a-1bce-4e0a-b654-47b018256549_zpscfe3cb45.jpg

Still love your transformation!
  • JenaeSmithJenaeSmith Member Posts: 350 Member Posts: 350
    PERFECT!!! More peeps need to see this stuff!!

THANK YOU FOR POSTING!!!! :D
  • usmcmpusmcmp Member, Premium Posts: 21,347 Member Member, Premium Posts: 21,347 Member
    Before, a few months prior to heavy lifting:

Tcu7zpP.jpg

170 lbs. Size 12 dress. Approximately 30% BF.
    Waist = 33 inches
    Hips = 41 inches
    Under bust = 38 inches
    Thighs = 23 inches
    Arms = 13 inches

Now, 5 months after starting a progressive loading heavy lifting program:

ySQwmSK.jpg

151.8 lbs. Size 4 dress. Approximately 20% BF.
    Waist = 27 inches
    Hips = 36.5 inches
    Under bust = 31 inches
    Thighs = 21.5 inches
    Arms = 11 inches

17.2 lbs lost. 4 sizes lost. Approximately 10% BF lost. 21 inches (and counting) lost.

Still think heavy lifting will make you "bulky?" Think again.

Heavy lifting ladies, I invite you to post YOUR before and after pics. Maybe, just maybe, we can attempt to snuff out this, "WEIGHT LIFTING WILL MAKE ME HYOOOOGE" myth.

You look fantastic!
  • SlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstickSlimsLiftingMoreThanLipstick Member Posts: 124 Member Member Posts: 124 Member
    Same here!
  • jpolinissejpolinisse Member Posts: 149 Member Member Posts: 149 Member
    Disappointed....I actually wanted to see bulky.
  • BurtHuttzBurtHuttz Member Posts: 3,925 Member Member Posts: 3,925 Member
    Same here!

Dang slim you look great in those profile photos yourself - incidentally you also look like you could be Leaky's sister.
  • LiatushLiatush Member Posts: 637 Member Member Posts: 637 Member
    I'm in the before stage, but I admire you all!!!! Keep on inspiring :)
  • ninerbuffninerbuff Member, Greeter, Premium Posts: 44,559 Member Member, Greeter, Premium Posts: 44,559 Member
    Ooooh you better stop then!!!! Tracy Anderson has the best videos! You aren't allowed to use more than 3lbs dumbells to work out!!!

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • jonilynn70jonilynn70 Member Posts: 147 Member Member Posts: 147 Member
    Great inspiration. THANK YOU FOR POSTING and keep up the awesome work!!!
  • cleotheriocleotherio Member Posts: 714 Member Member Posts: 714 Member
    2 hours a day on the elliptical will get rid of that yucky muscly manly bulkiness!

j/k you ladies look fabulous.
  • tmitchellhtmitchellh Member Posts: 20 Member Member Posts: 20 Member
    Wow I love all these pics and how amazing you can look from lifting. Thank you for sharing!

I have been increasing weights for a year, but for women how much do you lift/increase on various machines??? I know everybody is different, but ballpark. FYI I am meeting with a trainer next week, but I never know if I am doing enough/too much.

I've got a lot to lose, but oddly over the last year or two even though I haven't had a dramatic weight loss or even INCHES I look different/better. WTH?? :huh:
  • danasingsdanasings Member Posts: 8,268 Member Member Posts: 8,268 Member
    AMAZING!

you-rock-desi-glitters-17.gif

:bigsmile:
  • skinnyinnotimeskinnyinnotime Member Posts: 4,149 Member Member Posts: 4,149 Member
    Fantastic, great transformation.......I bulked up too, ugh!!!
  • DontStopB_LeakinDontStopB_Leakin Member Posts: 4,096 Member Member Posts: 4,096 Member
    Wow I love all these pics and how amazing you can look from lifting. Thank you for sharing!

I have been increasing weights for a year, but for women how much do you lift/increase on various machines??? I know everybody is different, but ballpark. FYI I am meeting with a trainer next week, but I never know if I am doing enough/too much.

I've got a lot to lose, but oddly over the last year or two even though I haven't had a dramatic weight loss or even INCHES I look different/better. WTH?? :huh:

Speak with your trainer about getting off of the machines and doing compound lifts. Machines isolate muscle groups but compound lifts with free weights enable your body to function exactly the way it is designed to - - rather than in the one or two degrees of freedom than the engineer's designed the machines to isolate.
    This.