HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• k80flec
    k80flec Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    So with Heavy lifting my arms have gone from 17 inches to 13

My chest is still at a 38 with some more weight loss that too shall go down

my waist has gone from a 44 to a 38

abs have gone down from a 42 to a 40

hips have gone from a 40 to a 45.5 Squatters butt here I come

and my thighs have gone down 2 inches

I am not ready to post a pic yet but ..... I will get there

Fabulous progress!
  • lesleyloo7879
    lesleyloo7879 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Thank you !!!!
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    9e3qv6dsqqxf.jpg
    I have had this forum flagged as my favorite for so long...hoping that someday I would be confident enough to finally add my own photo to the mix. I'm not where I want to be...but I'm closer than when I started. 9 months and 4 lbs separates these 2 photos.

Girl...what have you been doing for 9 months? You look incredible.
  • arditarose
    Options

Girl...what have you been doing for 9 months? You look incredible.

Honestly I've been doing a modified StrongLifts program (With dumbbells only!). I have a weak left hip which causes my hips to twist when I use a weighted bar...Just looking for progress not perfection. I'll get there![/quote]

That's some serious progress. And would you mind sharing with everyone what your diet has been like? How long in a deficit/maintenance?
  • arditarose
    Options
    When I first started, I shot for a 1200-1400ish calorie-count until October 2015 when I hit 130 lbs (20 lbs less than my original GOAL weight-think elliptical/dreadmill and it was awful). I thought when I hit my new goal weight I would be happy with my body: I wasn't! Since October 2015, I have been in maintenance +/- 5 lbs. I eat between 1800 and 2200 calories. I'm sitting at 126 currently....every now and then I drop my calories because I would like to drop my body fat %...BUT I don't know how serious I am: I'm not really willing to give up my calories!!I'm "recomping." Just enjoying what I'm doing and hoping to continue to see results (even if they take time!)

Other than watching my calories, and shooting for 100g of protein, I don't really watch my macros...I really believe results lie in your calorie counts, your sweat equity, and time.

Very nice! Thanks. You are most definitely recomping.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    You ladies inspired me to start lifting--I started New Rules in April and here are my before stage 1 and after stage 2 pics. 5w38ppz7kaqr.jpeg
    I can't wait to see what changes will come after another few months!

sgj8snln3bi0.jpeg

All of this is AWESOME!!! All the love to lifting ladies!
  • simplystronger
    simplystronger Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can't wait to see all the inspiring results!
  • Cindy01Louisiana
    Cindy01Louisiana Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love love love this thread! I start 5x5 SL a few weeks ago, so maybe someday I'll be able to post pics here! You are all very inspiring and motivating, so thanks for sharing -- especially before and after pictures!!
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Before, a few months prior to heavy lifting:

Still think heavy lifting will make you "bulky?" Think again.

Heavy lifting ladies, I invite you to post YOUR before and after pics. Maybe, just maybe, we can attempt to snuff out this, "WEIGHT LIFTING WILL MAKE ME HYOOOOGE" myth.

It's not a myth. Some women, depending on their build and body fat distribution, do get bigger.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!