HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    bigguyreed wrote: »
    Hey Arditarose
    If I can tell you anything about heavy weight lifting is DON'T FORGET CARDIO. I did heavy weight lifting for 20yrs. without CARDIO. When I was 42yrs I had TIA stroke from enlarged heart from not doing CARDIO. Lifting heavy and playing ball was my passion. When the heart Dr. said no more heavy lifting I lost my drive. So I quit everything, I know now that that was dumb. I could have just picked up lighter weights and more reps, biking, or other CARDIO. I'm not saying this could happen to you, Just make sure you have good CARDIO. With my sugar out of control last year. I had been walking and losing, but Dr. said you need to do more. So hello gym I now doing 30 to 40 Minutes of CARDIO. My old mind wants to lift those heavy weights so bad. So I do lighters weights and a lot of reps. But I don't stop telling others at the gym when I see them lifting only heavy weights without CARDIO, you need to add CARDIO to your workout and why. I'm over 60 now and I do not want to discourage any one from their goals. I know how quickly goals can be shattered. You have made great progress and the last thing I would want is to hurt your amazing progress.

Thank you?
  • arditarose
    Options
    Oh wow, @arditarose you are stunning

Absolutely, but I will say I love the shade 19-year-old you is throwing at the camera.

lolol. I have like no full body pictures of me during my fat years. I finally came across that and was embarrassed but oh well. Probably drinking jungle juice.
  • DiaryOfaThickFitWoman
    Options
    m6ve0tskw3r0.jpg
    I still have a ways to go to where I want to be but lifting was the best choice I made to get there.

Wow fantastic
  • memathmfp
    memathmfp Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    getitamb wrote: »
    1ajo4kyxwuwt.jpg
    On the right is the day I stopped being a cardio bunny. That was the end of April. I still have a lot of work to do but I'm much happier just lifting and counting steps.

Awesome! I'm definitely going to focus on lifting and strength.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    @RoseTheWarrior, you look wonderful.

As an aside, I really like the top you are wearing in your after pic :)

Cheers, h.
  • arditarose
    Options
    @RoseTheWarrior That is an amazing transformation. May I ask your height, and I know it's personal...but I am curious as to your age range? You don't have to say.

Also, when you started 5x5 did you have any lifting experience previously? Did you start with a trainer or learn yourself?
  • sandflower81
    sandflower81 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Kerryatoon wrote: »
    I'm just getting started in weight lifting but here is my progress so far. The first pics I was losing weight eating at a deficit and doing cardio.. 12 lbs later I'm doing a 5x5 program. I'm looking super bulky right? :wink:
    FYI: I'm a breast cancer survivor without reconstruction.. if my scars offend you I'm so not sorry.

kgbqset1qzl8.jpgneac9tdvd1m1.jpg3q4y7ci4y8zr.jpgn01niso0bwwe.jpg

I'm so happy to see another woman that looks like me! I'm a breast cancer survivor who didn't do reconstruction either, but I'm still sporting my radiation tan and my scars aren't as faded as yours yet. Great job on your body!!

WOW hehehe I didn't even notice until I read your response. Just a beautiful and strong woman! Beautiful body.
  • jasperdog52554
    jasperdog52554 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jhnbwh
    jhnbwh Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    AWESOME........
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!