HALP! Heavy Lifting Made Me SUPAH Bulky!!!

Options

Replies

• Noelani1503
    Noelani1503 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I'm just getting huuuge, ladies. If by huge I really mean 5lbs and one size below my lightest/smallest size as an adult. I hit 70lbs lost today--and finally got to 100 lbs on my deadlift! I am so excited, but no one IRL gets my excitement...so I just needed to share here :smile:

That's awesome!! We totally get you.
  • Menolotte
    Menolotte Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • IILikeToMoveItMoveIt
    IILikeToMoveItMoveIt Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

P.S. What is TDEE? I don't remember that acronym from my fitness days nearly a decade ago. Thanks!
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure
    Happy lifting!
  • lauraemily84
    lauraemily84 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Before, a few months prior to heavy lifting:

Tcu7zpP.jpg

170 lbs. Size 12 dress. Approximately 30% BF.
    Waist = 33 inches
    Hips = 41 inches
    Under bust = 38 inches
    Thighs = 23 inches
    Arms = 13 inches

Now, 5 months after starting a progressive loading heavy lifting program:

ySQwmSK.jpg

151.8 lbs. Size 4 dress. Approximately 20% BF.
    Waist = 27 inches
    Hips = 36.5 inches
    Under bust = 31 inches
    Thighs = 21.5 inches
    Arms = 11 inches

17.2 lbs lost. 4 sizes lost. Approximately 10% BF lost. 21 inches (and counting) lost.

Still think heavy lifting will make you "bulky?" Think again.

Heavy lifting ladies, I invite you to post YOUR before and after pics. Maybe, just maybe, we can attempt to snuff out this, "WEIGHT LIFTING WILL MAKE ME HYOOOOGE" myth.

Wooow you look fantastic - well done you! My measurements are just a little bit more than yours are now but I want the toned effect you have! So I'm a bit of virgin with weights- do you lift the heavy weights in a gym? I have dumb bells at home I use every day they are timing my arms n shoulders that's it tho! Do you only do weights? Or cardio as well xx
  • lizzy_satellite
    lizzy_satellite Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wooow you look fantastic - well done you! My measurements are just a little bit more than yours are now but I want the toned effect you have! So I'm a bit of virgin with weights- do you lift the heavy weights in a gym? I have dumb bells at home I use every day they are timing my arms n shoulders that's it tho! Do you only do weights? Or cardio as well xx

The OP started this thread over three years ago - I don't think she's on MFP any more!
  • pandahead76
    pandahead76 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

P.S. What is TDEE? I don't remember that acronym from my fitness days nearly a decade ago. Thanks!
    Total Daily Energy Expenditure
    Happy lifting!

Thank you!
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, @arditarose you are stunning
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    It's a darn shame. :D
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    Oh wow, @arditarose you are stunning

muah! Thank you :)
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
  • Verdenal
    Verdenal Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    Verdenal wrote: »
    Before, a few months prior to heavy lifting:

Still think heavy lifting will make you "bulky?" Think again.

"
    Heavy lifting ladies, I invite you to post YOUR before and after pics. Maybe, just maybe, we can attempt to snuff out this, "WEIGHT LIFTING WILL MAKE ME HYOOOOGE" myth.

It's not a myth. Some women, depending on their build and body fat distribution, do get bigger.

FFS only with "intervention"...women can't get "huge" just doing regular lifting and eating enough...smh

They may not get "huge", but they may get bigger than they like.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!