101 lbs Down & In Maintenance (w Pics)

Options

Replies

• BubblyMelodite
    BubblyMelodite Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I haven't been on here as much as usual since I am now in maintenance but thought I would post my story to date. I know I love reading other's stories and seeing their pics.

Here's a bit about me and my journey....

I'm 5'9 and quite large framed. I started at 277.2 pounds. My original goal was160-165 pounds but that was revised based on how my size/weight/health/fitness has aligned during my weight loss journey (and also on advice from my doctor).

I am 101 pounds down (which took around 16 months) and maintaining my own "happy and healthy" weight of 176 pounds. I am still noticing changes in my body composition but am currently at 27% body fat and measurements of 36, 29.5 and 41.5 (chest/waist/hips). I realise this may still seem "big" to some but it is the right size for me personally and have come to realise that's all that matters (and that I am in perfect health, which I am lucky enough to enjoy).

As I neared the end of my weight loss journey, I started to care less about the scale and more about my body fat and measurements. I do weigh occassionally (once a month) just to make sure I am on track but to be honest, I can feel it within myself and do think I will eventually give up on using the scale and rely solely on measurements. Thankfully, I have found maintenance (surprisingly) easy to date. I think this is because I have focused on real lifestyle changes in relation to my diet and fitness - that I am more than ready and happy to maintain forever.

Diet-wise, I tended to keep my calories on the higher side (averaging 2000 per day) while losing. I also focused (and continue to focus) on whole foods - plenty of fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, meat, dairy - trying to avoid or minimise processed food. I also tried (and continue to try) to truly listen to my body and what it needs to function at its prime - this definitely includes at least one meal out per week and a treat or two - it tends to fall into an 80/20 approach. I now generally maintain a calorie level of approximately 2300-2400 but don't count calories on a day to day basis - I instead check in every now and then just to confirm guestimations and listening to my body is keeping me on track).

Fitness-wise, while actively losing I worked out 4 to 6 times per week (generally 5) at the gym - performing a mix of HIIT/heavy weights with my personal trainer, spin classes, jogging, cross trainer and circuit training. As I have come to be more motivated by the mental and physical enjoyment I get from exercise (rather than weight loss) I now focus more so on outdoor running, bikram yoga (LOVE LOVE LOVE both of these) and just visit the gym once a week at most.

Anyway, sorry for the blather....on to the pics....

Starting out...

22jan20110352.jpg

487519_3525705227682_1644414802_n.jpg

Now...

picsmay13101_zpsbe0db44f.jpg

picsmay13103_zps376b1daf.jpg

Sorry for the midrift pics, I was so excited to spy my abs starting to come through after a yoga class :P

picsmay13086_zps5cbfbab6.jpg

picsmay13087_zpsef65872e.jpg

Omg! I have the same stats and a VERY similar body frame!! YOU LOOK AMAZZINNGGG!!!!!!

Thank you SO SO much for posting this, it's a huge inspiration to me because I am currently where you once were! WOW!!! I can hardly wait! I will look at this every day I feel unmodivated! :flowerforyou: :happy:
  • alphabetsoup2013
    alphabetsoup2013 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. Congratulations on your much-deserved success.
  • turkeyhunter60
    turkeyhunter60 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You look wonderful! Stay with it.
  • biggjenn
    biggjenn Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous! :drinker:
  • NJL13500
    NJL13500 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I think your weight is just right for you. Congratulations on all of your hard work!
  • simplyshannal
    simplyshannal Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!
  • MeganGable
    MeganGable Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You have done AMAZING girl, thank you for sharing with us :)
  • new_bella
    new_bella Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look wonderful!
  • QuinceyBethx3
    Options
    beautiful! you look amazing
  • elizabethmchenry9
    elizabethmchenry9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow! I am in a similar boat. I'm 5'9 and my goal is to lose 110lbs to put me in the 170 range. So far I am down 37lbs. It is so encouraging to see that it is possible :-) I hope I will look half as good as you at the end result
  • Missy_Monroe
    Missy_Monroe Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    HOLY CRAP! lol you look incredible! You did an amazing job! You should be so proud. I hope that one day I am able to share a similar success story. (I am almost the exact same weight with the same goal). Im so glad to hear you decided to maintain at 175. You look amazing (if you lost more you might disappear! lol). I love to hear about stories where people understand its not about the number, but how you look and how you feel about how you look. GOOD FOR YOU!
  • Slappydap
    Slappydap Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Congratulations ! - You look amazing. I think this is my favourite "sucess story" so far, I generally love all the sucesses, but I really love your attitude to eating & exercise which I have no doubt will keep you feeling fab & looking great for life.

Well done :-)
  • charmin61479
    Options
    Outstanding. I remember looking like that in my teen years. Keep up the great work. Truly inspiring.:smile:
  • Amyy1982
    Amyy1982 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    What a transformation! You're a hottie!! Congrats! :flowerforyou:
  • olores
    olores Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    WOW! Fabulous! So encouraged from YOU!!!
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Amazingly awesome! And I love that you have decided your goal based on how YOU feel. You look perfect! Great going.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    You look amazing - and certainly not big! If there's nothing much covering your bones there's not much weight you could lose anyway!
  • love9705
    love9705 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing you are a true inspiration and you look amazing!!
  • AshleighTB
    AshleighTB Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Beautiful collarbones!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!