Ladies with big Insanity workout results!! Where yall at?

Options

Replies

• lannasster
    Options
    Ok, ladies (and gents!). I'm planning on starting tomorrow. I'm 5'1, 147ish and would like to be 115-120 (haven't decided yet what my ultimately goal is, really depends on how I look). Would like to drop 15-20lbs by NYE though. Hoping that doing Insanity in the mornings and walking/running in the evenings will get me to that goal.

I have heard a lot of people complain that it gets you "skinny fat" - are people finding that to be the case? Anyone incorporating it with weight training instead of additional cardio? What did everyone do after Insanity to develop more muscle tone or continue to lose more weight? Anyone did 2 rounds of Insanity? So many questions!

I'm on my second round of Insanity because I didn't get the results I wanted the first time due to not eating enough.

There is an Insanity/P90X hybrid that people use. I just lift with my boyfriend in the afternoons, so whatever he's doing is what I do. Insanity is definitely more focused on all over fat loss than muscle development, which is why it is important to do weight training to avoid the "skinny fat" look.
  • solobiker
    Options
    I started back up on Saturday, then did some weights aftet the plyo dvd. Good luck to everyone.
  • ktrn0312
    ktrn0312 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Bump
  • nettojpl
    Options
    For anyone thinking of doing this I can say that I have done one full round of Insanity (all 63 days) and then I have moved on to the next round and am in week 2 of month one, this time around. I am now 5 foot 4 and now 126 lbs.

it is the best exercise I have ever done in my life. I have dropped the weight I needed to (which admittedly was only about 10lbs) but I am suddenly toned, a bit like athletes are and I swear I had no definition before I started. I showed someone my stomach the other day and they gasped and said "Noooo is that from Insanity????!!". When I said yes he was stunned and said he was going to buy it straight away.

It is tough. Really tough. In fact during the first week I thought "I can't do this - its too hard" and I used to run every day up to starting it.

I can't recommend it highly enough.

What I would say is if you find it too hard, the Hip Hop Abs DVD is good too. My friend bought it recently and we had a go the other night and laughed our heads off the entire way through - it was great fun. We did three of the workouts and it burned over 700 calories. I felt like a proper dancer.

I'm told that the T25 is also meant to be good. Less intense than Insanity and shorter, with similar results.

I don't know what I'm going to do when Insanity is over! I've never been so fit in my life (and I used to do Karate and Gymnastics).

If you can brave it - do it!
  • xfayfayx
    Options
    I am on day 6 just about to do the workout. In 6 days I have lost 3lbs but I am doing slimming world as well so it has boosted my loss brilliantly. I am enjoying insanity, fingers crossed I will keep it up :)
  • mariliach
    Options
    I've been working with Hip Hop Abs the past month..Haven't lost pounds, but lost 9 in on my waist. So hip hop abs is fun and really helps for abs!!! But, my waist was the only thing that changed actually...I want something to work other parts of my body, so I just bought Insanity!! Now my question is...Do I need to increase the calories I eat??? I've seen some posts where people started loosing weight when they increased calories!! Did you guys eat more calories while doing Insanity??

Tks!! And Good Luck everyone!! :wink:
  • mariliach
    Options
    *4in
  • stacibuk
    stacibuk Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    <<<<< My profile pis before insanity and after insanity ....30pounds lost and a ton of inches from all over my body

How many rounds of Insanity did it take you to lose 30lbs. And how many calories did you eat?
  • absmith_
    absmith_ Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    2qiab07.jpg

Just graduated today!!

16 pounds 12 inches :)
  • lilpilgrim
    Options
    Great to see this thread! I'm about to start Week 2. My poor muscles ached on Days 3 & 4 but by Day 6 I felt surprisingly better and Shaun T is such a great motivator. I find the photos and stories on here very inspiring. No real differences yet for me but my husband has already gone down a notch on his belt (grrr!) Lol!
  • amdoerr
    amdoerr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just ordered Insanity, and plan on starting as soon as it arrives. I'm so nervous though, any tips??
  • 1092kl
    1092kl Posts: 19
    Options
    I just finished the 60 days of Insanity yesterday. I'm starting over again today.

I'm 5'4. Day 1 I was 180lbs and I am now 157lbs!

I don't know how to post pictures or else I would put them on here. I've lost a little over 18 inches.

When I started on day 1 I honestly thought I was going to die from how intense the workouts are. My best advice is to "paint a picture" in your head of what it is that you want to achieve from Insanity...more fit, cut off inches, lose weight etc..And keep that picture in your head for the times that you don't want to workout, or you are too tired, or you want to eat a billion pieces of candy!

Good luck to you!
  • jmr4482
    Options
    I am starting insanity on Monday, and I'm looking for the best tips to max my results. I'm 31, 5'6", and 155 lbs. I'm in fairly athletic shape, but I want to lose 20 lbs. I'm not currently in an exercise routine, but am fairly active. I plan to stick with the meal plan as closely as possible or eat equal substitutes. My TDEE is around 2300 and I plan to stick to it. I've bought a HRM and calorie counter. I've been "healthy" grocery shopping :) and have completely mentally prepared myself for the next 63 days. The part I'm not very sure on is if I should also add a daily multi-vitamin (which I've already bought), and what pre, during, and post workout drinks do I need?? I already only drink water, juice, or milk. Do I need protein powder or a "recovery" drink to boost results?! Thanks so much for any info that will help! I'm excited to get this journey started!!
  • healthybodyhealthylife
    Options
    I just started this week... going to do be doing day 6 today and I gotta say I LOVE it! I really could not believe I actually have it in me to get through those workouts but I guess you'll never know how strong you are till you push yourself all the way!! I know its super early but I have to say my arms and calves look more defined. Can't wait to see more results as the weeks go on! I'm doing it with my 2 uncles and cousin as a family thing and it definitely keeps me from wanting to miss the workouts - its actually really fun doing it with everyone!
  • niccileslie
    niccileslie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting Insanity on Monday as well. I actually have previously done a month and week before I got sick with the flu for two weeks. I'm starting over now. I had great results in just one month previously :)
  • spiritedsoul11
    Options
    I attempted insanity back in June and completed a week and half before I just couldn't get the motivation to keep going. Now I really want to get toned, and look fit. So I decided to start again. I finished day 2, and I can can't believe I didn't remember how absolutely exhausting it is. Reading everyone else's stories helps a lot though. Good luck to everyone!
  • shanDrum
    shanDrum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love the Insanity/Asylum workout programs. I started doing this program in 2011 and lost 21 pounds and several inches. I've been pretty active all my life, but I had a train wreak in my life in 2010, which caused my blood levels and weight to change. I knew I had to make some changes to get back on track- so Insanity was my plan. I had great success that has kept me on track for almost 3 years. It's a great program. Asylum is also a great program- I've done T25 and liked that program, but I really missed the intensity that came with Insanity. So I started another round on October 30th to kick off the holiday season. I've seen many great results with this program. I will say that with the rounds I have completed where my diet was really on track and doing well, I saw the best results. Also, on my 1st round, I did month 2 twice and I saw the ,most ab definition I've seen since I was in my 20's. I'm 40 now and thanks to Insanity, I have regained my fitness. Also, remember to be patient with yourself and keep in mind that we all have changes that come at different times. A person who only wants to lose a small amount of weight, will not see the scale change as quickly. Also, remember that you will build muscle with this program even without the use of weights- take those measurements to track progress:)
  • Stewartladyk
    Stewartladyk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi all!!! I'm on my last two weeks of Insanity. When I first started I threw up, literally! And now I'm addicted.
    I feel so much better just not physically but emotionally. I started sept 16 2013 I weighed 173 now I'm at 158 with two weeks left. I love it, actually I'm prob going to do another round :) hang in there, eat clean and push play. It's worth it.
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I started insanity today day 1 fit test will post results later I am 5'3 starting weight 162 I have lost 4 lbs this past week just from eating light dinners I will also post before and after pics might also start a thread maybe group for progress
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!