Ladies with big Insanity workout results!! Where yall at?

Options

Replies

• Lou2073
    Lou2073 Posts: 2
    Options
    Bump
  • adriadawn19
    adriadawn19 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I started insanity about a year/ year and a half ago and made it about 3 to 3 1/2 weeks into the program. I wasn't able to finish it due to my asthma and not being in very good physical shape. It is definitely and awesome workout and if you love buckets of sweat dripping off of you ( Which personally for me makes me feel awesome!) then you should definitely try it but do make sure to keep track of your heart rate because you don't want it going to high.

About the results just after doing it for only that short period of time I noticed a very big difference so it is effective if you follow it. I also did not follow the diet just stayed under my calories. I hope some day to be able to do it again and actually finish it!
  • lailabear
    lailabear Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies!

I'm preparing myself for starting insanity tomorrow by reading all of your inspirational posts. I'm 4'11" and weigh 135. I just want to lose a few pounds and slim down. My problem areas are my hips and thighs. I would love to join a group or something to help keep me motivated. I'm starting this with my best friend. I'll keep you all posted!
  • LUCY1DE
    LUCY1DE Posts: 1
    Options
    I started insanity last week and lost 2 inches in the first week however im starting again this week because i screwed the diet up.. the nutrition guide says i should be eating 2000 cals it seems too much? Im.5' 4 and weigh 148lbs (target weight 125lb) help???
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I started insanity last week and lost 2 inches in the first week however im starting again this week because i screwed the diet up.. the nutrition guide says i should be eating 2000 cals it seems too much? Im.5' 4 and weigh 148lbs (target weight 125lb) help???

Why would you want to start over if you have already lost 2 inches in the first week?? That is great. I would not start over. I would just continue week 2 forward with the proper diet. 2000 calories sounds about right. If you feel that is too high, multiply your BMR by 1.5 instead of 1.7. Start there and then if you do not see any change within 2 weeks than lower your calories. I am currently on my second week of Insanity and should be eating 2080 calories. I am 5'3 and 163.5 lbs. Follow the guide and if that does not work adjust as needed.
  • vmcasalegno
    Options
    Hey guys...if any of you are interested:

Join my INSANITY Challenge group beginning MAY 12! All are welcome and invite your friends. More info at:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1478836729000637/

It's a support group that lays out instructions on how to be successful in the INSANITY workouts. We will motivate each other!
  • tdbernrd
    tdbernrd Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • NavyKnightAh13
    NavyKnightAh13 Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    I keep starting and stopping Insanity. First time around it's because I ended up with an injury to my calf where my muscles were tightening up so bad I could barely walk, let alone run the races I had signed up for. And the one race I did run with the injury, it took me out of training for 7 to 10 days. Times 2 and 3, I lost motivation (round 2 I stopped right after month 2 day 1, round 3 I didn't even get through the first 2 weeks) because I don't really have support.

I am thinking about starting it again.
  • carlywarlywains
    carlywarlywains Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity today with Day 1 fitness test. I did horribly at it, however I did as much as I could as best I could and I am fair pleased with myself. I assume day 2 is not going to be as easy but that is why I am doing this. If anyone would like to add me as a friend for support, feel free. Good Luck to all those of are starting this program.
  • laurabryan
    Options
    I bought insanity beach body today and looking forward to it arriving so I can get started! Will admit though I'm a bit nervous. I do spin classes just now so used to sitting on a bike for 45mins. Does anyone know if the insanity is comparable to metafit?

Many thanks!
  • robotoon
    robotoon Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm on my recovery week now

Result wise,well my scale hasn't budge at all in 4 weeks.
    Sadly I didnt measure myself before started but I know i lose inches - my clothes are a lot bigger.
    I'm a lot stronger and my body look a lot better just wish the scale move a bit !!
    I do need lose about 25 pounds not like I'm already skinny or anything
    But I will stick to it till the end see what happen.
  • noles33
    noles33 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 and love this workout! I've lost 18 pounds (I have 22 more to get to my goal) and have gone from a size 12/14 pants to 6/8 and I still have more weeks to go for my first round.
  • noles33
    Options
    oh, btw, i forgot to say, i puked 3 times in the first warmup!!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    I'm on week 7 and love this workout! I've lost 18 pounds (I have 22 more to get to my goal) and have gone from a size 12/14 pants to 6/8 and I still have more weeks to go for my first round.

Congratulations on the weight loss! How many calories were you eating a day may I ask and did you follow the diet?
  • clashter11890
    clashter11890 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity 4/28/14 too----mind if I add you as a friend to keep each other motivated?
  • fashi0nkilla
    fashi0nkilla Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am on Day 33 of Insanity. I started at 230 and am now 225. I've lost quite a few inches. I'm suppose to be eating around 2600 calories but that has been hard to do especially since I'm trying to eat better. I am both nervous and excited about Month 2. I hope to see bigger drops in weight and inches.
  • JuliaAdrienne
    JuliaAdrienne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am on day 15 of Insanity. I started at 218, and I have already lost 6 pounds. I also did my measurements today, and I am down 12.5 inches in 15 days!!! I love this workout so much!
  • noles33
    Options
    g
  • noles33
    Options

Congratulations on the weight loss! How many calories were you eating a day may I ask and did you follow the diet?

I've been logging calories burned with a HRM, and eating back most of my workout calories. I have MFP set for 2lbs a week loss, so I've been averaging about 1700 calories a day, which is about what the insanity booklet said.

I haven't been following the meal plans so much, but we eat almost the same things (mostly). There are some great looking meals in the book, though!
  • stmcfred
    stmcfred Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I did Insanity (as well as marathon training) last year and went from a 10/12 to a size 4 with some 2's fitting. After I finished insanity and ran the marathon I stopped everything. It was a horrible winter and I ate like crap. I gained it all back. I started T25 a few weeks ago but I don't love it as much as Insanity so I started round 2 of insanity April 30th. Hoping to get awesome results again and maintain it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!