Ladies with big Insanity workout results!! Where yall at?

Options

Replies

• dggullas
    dggullas Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    This community is awesome! :) Just finished day 8 and i feel like I have this love-hate relationship with Insanity. O_o
  • itsCheek
    itsCheek Posts: 104
    Options
    Hey ladies! My boyfriend and I are starting Insanity tonight. Has anyone done Insanity on a vegan diet? Just wondering if you could help me out a little here...
  • totty16
    Options
    I have just finished week 2 of Insanity and I am LOVING it. It is knackering, I feel exhausted, but I am using the rest days wisely and am trying to do extra stretches after each workout.

I am eating healthily but I am not following the eating plan, I don't know if that will hinder my success or not. I haven't measured or weighed yet, I plan to do that when I do my second fit test. I hope it will show good results.

If you are thinking of doing it...DO IT! It is tough, I won't lie...but it's (hopefully) worth it and I can already tell my fitness is massively improving. I will update in the next couple of days with any results...good or bad, so you make up your own mind. :)

DIG DEEPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4215446.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • westendcurls
    westendcurls Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I didn't buy the DVDs my gym offers the class. I do it twice a week. I absolutely love the class!! it crazy hard and I end every class feeling the same way "that was f....n miserable... when can i do it again!!"

that said I've been workingout consistently for 2 years now. I'm in pretty good shape. but ever since ive started insanity classes I've had consistent back pain. it may be a coincidence. It may have something to do with the fact one of my classes that I had to stop doing in order to do insanity was my yoga class, and I've had past back issues that were only helped by tht yoga class (yes im going back to yoga this week) ... but if you have or had in the past any back trouble just be extra careful.
  • stephy1130
    stephy1130 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

Im so glad to see everyone trying to lead a healthier lifestyle. So Ive lost about 15 pounds in the last two years. I was never that big but just wanted to get into better shape. I started off doing Jillian Michaels DVDs about two years ago, I completed 3 of her DVDS and lost about 10 pounds from that. Then in March 2013, I decided to try insanity for some reason and I got through month one and the recovery week but once I started Month 2 I had a medical issue so I had to postpone the workout. Once I got better I lost some of my motivation so I only completed 2 weeks of month 2 barely. But none the less, I saw MAJOR results. Before working out I weighed 135 pounds (5"3' 1/2) and by the end of insanity I got down to 113. I was able to keep most of the weight off until this holiday season, I gained about 7 pounds back. I just started round 2 of insanity and I am determined to finish it this time! I cannot wait to see the results! Feel free to add me as a friend, we all can need the support!

Steph!
  • anievil
    Options
    I found this Insanity Workout app for iPhone: http://myinsanityworkoutapp.com

I think is a great application to use while you doing your Insanity workout. It lets you keep track of your sessions and personal results easily. Very user friendly and motivating as you can tick off day by day your workout.

Plus handy if you are on the move as it remains you of the exercises that you have to do in each session.

I hope ypu enjoy!
  • JesseMama02
    JesseMama02 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm on day 2 of insanity and am loving this sweet pain. Done a month of it last June but then work pressures got in the way and I just couldn't muster the strength to begin it again. Decided to restart my fitness journey again as am turning the big 4 0 this September and am eager to be in the best shape of my adult life.

Have read all previous posts and it would be great to hear from all those ppl who started in sept/dec 2013 and see how they got on. Any updates anyone??? Need all the motivation I can get.
  • tiff_tran
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

I did insanity last year, and after 3 weeks, I saw definition in my arms and shoulders. I lost my motivation afterwards due to changes in my daily routines and gained all my wt and more back.

Now i am back on it. I am in my 3 week of Insanity and tries to eat as healthy as I can, but am not following the meal plan provided by Shaun T.

I do see minor differences in my body. My waist, arms & legs feels toner. I am not seeing as much changes as i would like to but i guess everything takes time. Who love to join a network where we can all motivate each other! I need to lose 15 lbs by March for a wedding. I am currently 5'2 ft weighting 125lbs.
  • susanrechter
    susanrechter Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Jillian Michaels shred...lost inches, gained weight. whatever.:huh:
  • HappyAppleCandy
    Options
    This workout makes me so happy. As long as There is the 6 pack at the end of Aug. I will be happy.

I am motivated by all my Cos-play Friends' 6 packs. Even Girls! I want one soooooooooo bad!
  • TendaiMa
    TendaiMa Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm starting another round of the Insanity/P90X hybrid on Monday 3rd Feb 2014. I'm planning on keeping a tighter leash on my eating...Plenty of inches lost in previous rounds but that number on the scale needs to budge! 11kgs/24.2lbs to go and my target date is 26th April 2014.
  • totty16
    Options
    Can anyone help...so, I'm on my fifth week. Loving the Core Cardio and Balance...but I've seen minimal results.

Did anyone else have the same thing? Not much weight lost and a few inches here and there, but I'm eating right, working really hard during the sessions and I don't feel like much has changed. My fitness has improved, but that's about it. I feel I have a lot to lose so hoped this amount of exercise would help shift things quickly.

I'm determined to see it through to the end so will wait to see what the results are like after my 9th week. However, I need some motivation as the lack of results despite the really hard work is quite soul destroying.

xx
  • TheITCrowd1
    Options
    Bumping to hear what others say about how much to eat. I did the calculation from the Insanity program and came up with around 2000 calories!

I'm a guy, lost 4 inches from my waist and 1.8stone in 3 weeks - on day 20

Whilst not strictly a girl, if you really work hard you WILL get insane results and its totally worth it
  • TheITCrowd1
    Options
    Can anyone help...so, I'm on my fifth week. Loving the Core Cardio and Balance...but I've seen minimal results.

Did anyone else have the same thing? Not much weight lost and a few inches here and there, but I'm eating right, working really hard during the sessions and I don't feel like much has changed. My fitness has improved, but that's about it. I feel I have a lot to lose so hoped this amount of exercise would help shift things quickly.

I'm determined to see it through to the end so will wait to see what the results are like after my 9th week. However, I need some motivation as the lack of results despite the really hard work is quite soul destroying.

xx

Its not really about weight loss as you replace fat for muscle your body will look leaner whilst weighing the same or more

Do it by measurements imho - its much more accurate .. the goal here is to lower your body fat % rather than lose weight surely?

It helped when i stopped following the nutrition plan -- and replaced breakfast by juicing green vegetables - i was able to supercharge the amount of time it took to get fatigued and work harder with less breaks! imho supercharge your vegetable nutrient intake and get crazy boosts in power -- if you dont have a juicer get one that puree's and juices so you can get fibre in too from the softer veg - also try eating beetroots or juicing them as i do -- it lowers your blood pressure meaning an easier flow! the resulyt is being able to workout alot harder with better results

Good luck! differtent things work for different people, 2000 cals is alot of food and some people simply can't eat that much!
  • totty16
    Options
    Thank you...my body fat percentage is reducing, so I'm pleased with that, and I am slowly losing inches.

I could probably do more in the way of mixing up my breakfasts for power boosting fruit and veg.

Good luck to you too. :)
  • loobiek
    Options
    Hi

I have had the email to say my DVD is on its way! I just want to get going on it now!

I lost 6 stone on weightwatchers and over the last 4 years have put about 2.5stone back on. I am bridesmaid for my best mate in sept and want to look slim and toned.

Any tips or recommendations before I get started?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks
  • martz29
    martz29 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Day 6 today for me. I completed insanity last year then spent a few months doing workouts from other beachbody programs. Now I'm ready to do another round after great results last time.

I'm 35, 5'2", 119lb. Always good to have some more Insane friends so feel free to add me. I log EVERY day x
  • TheITCrowd1
    Options
    Hi

I have had the email to say my DVD is on its way! I just want to get going on it now!

I lost 6 stone on weightwatchers and over the last 4 years have put about 2.5stone back on. I am bridesmaid for my best mate in sept and want to look slim and toned.

Any tips or recommendations before I get started?

Any help greatly appreciated

Thanks

Yes, not so much for day 1 fit test but day 2,3,4,5,6 - before pressing play specifically do some calf stretches - these days especially cardio power+resistance hammers them and i was walking like a retard due to no part of the warmup doing calf stretches

Best way is to lean against a wall - legs far back and stand gentle on the back of one foot with the other to pull down those calves - your legs will totally thank you for it after :)

Good luck - Jay
  • lemonshredding
    lemonshredding Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hi

I didn't lost as much weight as I would like BUT the body has definitely toned up!! Dropped 2 dress size as well :D I am on Round 3 now because I love it so much, you can friend me , if you like and I will be cheering you on everyday.

I am 5'9, I weigh 166 pounds, I eat around 1850 calories per week and plus 100 or so for the MAX workouts, but I do wear a heart rate monitor as well.

Have fun:wink:

im the same height as you and a tiny bit lighter, how many calories do you burn in the workout and how long are they?
  • SaajidahM
    SaajidahM Posts: 17 Member
    Options

xx

Hi totty16!

I'm also on week 5 and am experiencing similar results to you...not much down on the scale even though I'm eating right but definitely noticing a difference in the way I look and my clothes feel. I've heard you get some great results once month 2 begins so continue digging deeper and I hope we both see some results by the end!

Btw even though I have to do many of the moves slower than on the tape and cannot do many of the plank based exercises I REALLY love the burn I get off doing Insanity! I find it's so much more motivating than Slim in 6 which was my go to workout before. Want to try T25 after insanity!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!