Ladies with big Insanity workout results!! Where yall at?

Options

Replies

• skystorm13
    skystorm13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Decided to start my INSANITY program together with my roommate today (I can never exercise alone!). And I am really looking forward to sweat and getting fit - ready to work it out insanely!

I am 5'7'' and I weight around 144lbs, used to be a dancer, but after 3 years of university life and trips I gained this fat around my thighs and belly which doesn't go away through any exercising or any diet. I just want to tone up, drop a bit of weight (or at least not continue gaining it) and get healthy!

I was browsing INSANITY reviews and found this site, and decided to join for moral support! Looking forward to report my progress :)
  • RachLK7
    RachLK7 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I will be honest I did Insanity for 3weeks bk in 2012 saw amazing results more due to inch loss and tone, however.... I'm a mam of a hyper toddler and work full time, so my workouts would be after 7pm when my daughter went to bed!

You have to be mega focused & determined to keep this up, I found it exhausting after a full day at work especially the fact it's 45mins pretty much 6days s week!

I have since got Focus T25 (currently doing 30 Day Shred) and apparently results from T25 are just as effective as Insanity! Now it's a no brainer to me, after a full day at work Mon - Fri 25mins is a lot more appealing than 45mins!!

Anyone tried Insanity & T25 and have opinion on comparisons etc x
  • Joanne190914
    Options
    I have just started and on day 2, I am getting married in september and wanting to lose a few pounds and tone up. Are you all happy with your results so far? Need motivation buddies to keep me going!
  • totty16
    Options
    Can anyone help...so, I'm on my fifth week. Loving the Core Cardio and Balance...but I've seen minimal results.

Did anyone else have the same thing? Not much weight lost and a few inches here and there, but I'm eating right, working really hard during the sessions and I don't feel like much has changed. My fitness has improved, but that's about it. I feel I have a lot to lose so hoped this amount of exercise would help shift things quickly.

I'm determined to see it through to the end so will wait to see what the results are like after my 9th week. However, I need some motivation as the lack of results despite the really hard work is quite soul destroying.

xx

Hi totty16!

I'm also on week 5 and am experiencing similar results to you...not much down on the scale even though I'm eating right but definitely noticing a difference in the way I look and my clothes feel. I've heard you get some great results once month 2 begins so continue digging deeper and I hope we both see some results by the end!

Btw even though I have to do many of the moves slower than on the tape and cannot do many of the plank based exercises I REALLY love the burn I get off doing Insanity! I find it's so much more motivating than Slim in 6 which was my go to workout before. Want to try T25 after insanity!

Hi SaadijahM

I started week 6 (month 2) on Sunday, and it is much harder than month 1, so I am hoping the results show by the end of these four weeks. I am determined to see it through to the end, mainly to prove a point to myself more than anything. Obviously, I want to lose weight and tone up, I just wish I could see more. I have lost inches, but I don't feel like any of my clothes are looser which is a real demotivator.

It is really addictive and I am loving the feeling afterwards. Whenever I feel like it's just too much I tell myself, "I never regret a workout, I always regret skipping one."

I'll post back here on March 15th when I do my final fit test and take my final measurements. Let me know how you're getting on too. :)

xx
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I finished Insanity the end of May 2013. I lost 14 lbs and 20" overall. It is an awesome workout! I didn't follow the nutrition plan but I did eat extremely healthy the whole way through. I started about a month after having baby #5 and lost the baby weight very quickly and toned up nicely. I am doing Insanity again and am in the recovery week. So far, I have lost 10 lbs. If you have any questions, please ask.
  • AKinCA911
    AKinCA911 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, ladies! I finished my first round of Insanity yesterday!

I started on December 1st. I'm only now finishing in the latter part of February because I went on vacation for a week last month (I did do some Insanity workouts while there) and I had to go out of town for a family emergency for four days last month. So I had to tack the workouts I missed onto the end. Hence why I just finished yesterday :P

If I can find the time and figure how to post before/after photos later, I will try to do that. But my results:

Height: 5'6"
    Starting weight: 143 lbs.
    Ending weight: 137.6 lbs.
    Inches lost: 7.5"

I was already in decent athletic shape--I ran a good amount, including a couple of half marathons and a handful of 10ks/5ks every year. Still, I wanted to lose a little bit of flab, and tone up. I was able to achieve just that :) I lost an inch and a half around my waist (30" to 28.5") and two inches around my belly. But boy, did I get toned! Legs are solid, arms are strong. My upper pecks are hard as rocks. I'd still like to tighten my core a bit more, though. So I plan on taking the next 4 or 5 days off and then begin the program over again.

I have some suggestions for those who feel they are in a rut or not getting results:

-IGNORE THE SCALE! It is your worst enemy. Take measurements to gauge your progress. Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you are starting Insanity with not a whole of fat to lose, you may even gain weight as you gain muscle before burning fat. I only lost around 2 pounds during Month 1.
    -Follow the nutrition plan. It is there for a reason.
    -For those who are suspicious that they are being told to consume too many calories, YOU'RE NOT. The caloric intake formula was designed by those who know what they are doing. When doing these workouts, you need those calories to fuel your body. And remember, these are HEALTHY calories as opposed to the ones you'd get in a cheeseburger or a slice of pizza. If you don't get enough caloric fuel, your body will go into starvation mode, and you'll start saying goodbye to those muscles. I was put on a 1900 calories a day diet, and even upped it to 2100 at some points in Month 2, because my body needed it. I actually lost more weight towards the end of Month 2 because of the increase in calories.
    -Keep digging deeper and don't give up!!!

Hope that helps some people. Keep up the hard work, ladies! Good luck!!
  • kayveebee7
    kayveebee7 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I'm in the middle of week 3, I've lost about 4 lbs (I gained the first week) and my pants are fitting better. My arms are getting some definition, just week 3 :-).
  • Kshama28
    Options
    First off, whoever started this blog, THANK YOU!!! :) Reading everyone's posts is highly motivating and educational! :)

I am a 36 years old female, who's always been a chubby kid. After I crossed 30, I discovered a workout called Crossfit, which made a big difference in the way I looked and felt. I'd been doing that until November of 2013, after which I'd been in transition. I moved my entire life (job, home, family) across the country. In the process, I ended up eating out, not working out at all and going through emotional ups and downs, which led me to putting on about 15 lbs of extra weight and 2-3 inches all over. Besides, I moved from sea level to 5500 feet altitude, which also took a toll on my energy levels and my sinuses - hindering me from getting back into my old routine. :(

I'm 5.0" tall and tend to put on weight around my thighs, arms and face - the worst places ever!!! :( I started Insanity on Thursday, Feb 6 this year (2 weeks into it) and am determined to complete the challenge no matter what! Thanks to all of you posting your results and recommendations! It's helping me pull through. :) I plan to start my crossfit routine back up after this 60 days challenge. It is certainly helping me feel stronger than I did before I started the challenge.

So far I have not lost a single inch or pound. But reading everyone's results is helping me to stay focused and wait until my 60 days are up. Like everyone else, I will keep everyone posted on my results as I go through my 1st month. :) Keep up the good work everyone!
  • mariav1505
    Options
    Im in my fourth week of insanity. i've lost 2.75 inches in my waist (my problem area) and am starting to see some definition, like obliques (i have never before in my life seen my obliques haha), arms, legs and back.

Im 6 feet tall and weigh 138 pounds.

i eat around 1800 calories per day, but im not getting enough protein. i dont know if i should try a protein shake, because supplements scare me. any advice here?

Thank you all for posting your results and for encouraging all of us.

i will post before and after pics once im done with month 1.
  • Tjackhend
    Options
    I am thinking about starting insanity.

Thanks for all the help ladies!
  • smbutler5
    Options
    On my second day of insanity!! I have had to program for about a year now and was too intimidated to try it out! I did the fitness test yesterday, it was hard, as expected, but really motivated me to stick with the program! I would love to start a Facebook support group where we could share our tips and tricks we've gathered along our journey! Really looking to increase muscle and tighten up especially in the stomach area! Looking forward to great results and a HARD work out. Any advice?? I would appreciate it. And if interested in the facebook group let me know and I can get it started.
  • Smiley0514
    Options
    Congrats to everyone who is currently doing Insanity!

I have recently finished my 3rd round. My best advice is focus on your eating habits and then the workouts. You can only see good results once you get your macros on track. I didn't start seeing results until the end of month 2. At the end of it, I repeated month 2 again, this is when I saw the results in my profile picture. Don't give up!!! Do not look at the scale either. I focused on the inches lost. Some days it was discouraging because I would gain back a couple inches here and there, but it's always going to be a process of hard work. Changing your mindset and just decided you want to be healthy no matter what the results are helped me best! I always had to think highly of the workouts to keep the intensity level up!!

I am now starting my second week of p90x to see how my result will look after that!

I still need to focus on doing meal prep to help from going out to eat too often
  • medlaura
    medlaura Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    BUMP, BUMP, BUMP...will get back to this later!!
  • lcambron01
    Options
    Hey ladies! I've been working out since December at a gym and doing zumba once a week, eating healthy/proportioned and I've only lost maybe 3 lbs and gained 4lbs of muscle (yay!) but I don't feel like I'm getting results. I can't afford insanity right now since my mom stopped working, would anyone have a copy I could borrow? I'd greatly appreciate it!
  • Nikkila1983
    Options
    Hi

Can I ask how long it took to drop the two dress sizes?? I'm currently wearing a size 14 and would love to be a twelve, I have given myself just over a month to do this, and I'm now about to start the insanity work out with my sister in law, and wondered how long it took to see a noticeable difference x
  • kwirima
    kwirima Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everybody :) today is my fist day in insanity , i wish i will drop all my overweight in right way ... Thanks for all your posted and recommendations .. I need your support ladies :) I'm a not a active person :(
    Im 5 4"" , 30 years old and with 205,8 lbs yahhhh its alot Of fat :( sadly .
    Any suggetion about meal ??!
    Thanks
  • letsgetphysical9876
    Options
    Starting Insanity today! These posts have inspired me so much :) I'm 22, 196 lb. at 6'1". BMI says I'm overweight, I've gained at least 15 lbs since starting college.

I don't have the time or the money to follow the nutrition plan exactly but I have already been cutting out sugar and empty carbs as well as drinking more water and trying to get more sleep. I'm studying computer engineering in college and it's really killing me :frown:

Wish me luck!
  • Daviscou
    Daviscou Posts: 2
    Options
    GOOD LUCK!! I'm on week 3 and it is kicking my butt! Its going to be worth it in the end.
  • lauly101
    lauly101 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I lost a total of 20 or so inches and 15lb. I would like to be able to do it forever lol but it's just not sustainable for me. By the middle of the last week I was a zombie, took a few days off and now doing Hip Hop Abs (and it feels so easy by comparison cardio wise but I feel it's doing its job). I would recommend it, but it is super hard. I was getting sick of the long workouts, but next month have made up a hha/insanity hybrid (with less workout days) I'm looking forward to that! I don't have much longer until my bday and I wana look and feel goood!!!!
  • letsgetphysical9876
    Options
    I just finished my second day of Insanity, I'm sore already lol. Was really struggling towards the end but it feels good to be moving again.

I've noticed something about Insanity. With other workouts, like p90x (I tried for a week) and just plain running or anything else, I would feel guilty when I took breaks because I guess I didn't feel like I'd earned it. With Insanity though, when I take breaks I actually need them lol. I'm practically wheezing and feeling light headed so I physically have to stop to reset.

Is this normal for the beginning? At the end when I couldn't do all the various push up position moves I decided to just jog really hard until I felt like I could try them again. Is that okay? I guess my reasoning is just keep moving even if you can't do moves and push it.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!