Ladies with big Insanity workout results!! Where yall at?

Options

Replies

• nredvine
    nredvine Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I dont get it...I thought less calories it better if you want to loose weight? Can someone explain why this system calls for such a high amount of caloric intake PLEASE?????
  • ktob
    ktob Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Amazing results. Very inspiring!
  • fitspo145
    Options
    I graduated Insanity about a month and a half ago and surprisingly did not see huge aesthetic results, but I still think it is a GREAT programme. From being a complete couch potato, it helped me build up a lot of strength (I can finally do full push-ups now haha) and cardiovascular fitness that allows me to pursue the active lifestyle I have today. :smile:

Don't have any pictures but I managed to lost 4kg and an inch off the waist. Even now I do Insanity workouts on the days I can't be arsed to head to the gym or just want to up the intensity a little.

I know these results are not 'insane' but hope that it does inspire people to try it! :flowerforyou:
  • saritanova1992
    Options
    Hello Everyone! I am new to my fitness pal and I am starting INSANITY as of December 1st 2013. I'm kind of nervous but with all the good things I've been hearing about the program, I'm also excited. I am a twenty year old female college student so for me eating 'clean' isn't the easiest thing to do. I plan on using Dr. I's SHRED diet. I used that diet during the summer and after two cycles dropped 43lbs. I'm not so focused with weight with INSANITY, I'm really focused on dress and pant sizes. I've never had my fit body and I want to change that in 2013 and in 2014. I will post my before and after pictures after month one so...WISH ME LUCK!
  • april1445
    Options
    bump--I'm on Day 2 myself. So far Shaun T is kicking my a@@.:tongue:
    Oh ya, I'll be 45 in April, and plan to be in the best shape of my life for it.
  • shanDrum
    shanDrum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Insanity is a great program that I have been incorporating into my workouts since March 2011. During my 1st round, I lost 16 pounds and several inches. I lost an additional 5 pounds when I did Shaun T's Insanity Asylum program- with a total of 21 pounds lost. I have maintained my weight and fitness for the past 2 years and 8 months. As far as my diet when I first started the program, I ate healthy portions within 1400- 1800 calories a day. I was able to lose within this calorie limit and I'm in my 40's (metabolism does slow as you age). Results do vary, but many people have had drastic changes with this program. Diet also effects the results of this program. I tend to see better results when my diet is on track. The program does comes with a good diet that I followed somewhat, but I basically just ate within reason and tried to consume my carbs during the day, and taper off as I got close to bedtime.
  • shanDrum
    shanDrum Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    it's ok if you need to rest while doing Insanity. You will improve your fitness and get better and better as the days go. The program is based on HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) I have days when I feel great and can make it through the program with no problem, then I have other days where I struggle- even the participants on the DVD are taking breaks and resting when needed- you are working very close to your anaerobic threshold, especially when you first start. But, this does change as you progress through the program and your fitness improves. Listen to your body and you will see great progress :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • antlergirl
    antlergirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm just about to start the insanity program, I've heard lots about it for a long time. And advice?

I have my shopping list ready, the dvds on hold and a new sports bra on the way!
  • Ruth1367
    Options
    Hi I have had insanity for some years now. i have started the programe twice. Sad to say I never earned the t shirt. I am now 46 over weight and really want to do some thing about it . I am sitting in bed watching the advert for insanity writing this post. I have now decide to start insanity on the 1st dec 2013. I have taken my pictures and will measure my self. I will do this I must do this. Any way just had to share. Thanks Ruth
  • Ruth1367
    Options
    Hi just wanted to say, I am on 1200 a day and was doing really well without any workouts. But I want to tone up, but my biggest downfil is vodka and wine . I am starting insanity tomorrow for the third time and I am really going to try and do this with out my drinking on the evening it will be hard for me but I think I want a better body more. Thank you for writing your post it is very interesting to read other people thoughts Ruth
  • antlergirl
    antlergirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I've started a thread for people starting the Insanity challenge here- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1144723-insanity-challenge-join-in

Maybe in 2 months we'll all have great before/after pics to share here! x
  • MrsJames325
    Options
    Sorry to bother But I start my recovery week this coming week and I am very upset..Gained 4lbs no inches lost and I just feel not motivated anymore..like at all. Those calories seem to be what I need...but question...What did you eat and how often? I have tried everything and idk anymore. I did have a csection with my second child a year ago so I am ready to lose everywhere..please help idk what else to do! Nothing is working :/
  • afterhours102
    afterhours102 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ive been doing Insanity for 30 days, its the best thing that ever happened to me physically.
    I never thought I could be were im at now.
    And I got my Insanity DVD set for only $75 brand new in box at
    http://www.insanityforless.tictail.com
    Seriously how could you pass a deal like that, I didnt just get my body back but I didnt have to pay a pretty penny for it
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    FT: 1 FT2: FT3:
    SK: 30- 44 53
    PJKS: 32- 40 45
    PK: 47- 69 79
    PJMS: 21- 28 38
    GJ: 8- 8 10
    SJ: 10- 15 19
    P-UJ: 16 - 25 34
    LPO :19- 16 21

First set is 1st test and second is this week 2 test
    I increased in some areas and low plank obliques I couldn't finish had to stop for my son but I'll take it lol I see improvement that's what counts had to revise few things but these are correct and I also made theist ale in counting switch kicks individually the first time but caught my era this second fit test I also counted lpo as 2=1 set

**** FT # 3 has been added very pleased that i at least managed to past last results and push through

MEASUREMENTS: 11/25/2013 - 12/09/2013
    Chest: 40 1/2 in 40 in
    L Bicep: forgot to take it =[ 13 in
    R Bicep: forgot to take it =[ 13 in
    Waist: 38 1/2 in 38 in
    Hips: 39 1/2 in 37 in
    L Thigh: 23 in 21 1/2 in
    R Thigh: 23 in 21 1/2 in
    L Calf: 15 1/2 in 15 in
    R Calf: 15 1/2 in 15 in
    WEIGHT: 159 157

I Didn't take measurements until Nov 25th due to no tape measure however i started insanity on Nov 4th starting weight was 166 LBS last two days I've maintained at 157 LBS so i have lost 9lbs so far in the first month . First 2 weeks i followed the meal plan but got kind of expensive so these past 3 weeks i just been using it as a guide and tweaking my meals.

will post pics after month 2
  • AKinCA911
    AKinCA911 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, ladies! My boyfriend and I started INSANITY on December 1st (what were we thinking??) I guess we really wanted to test our will power this holiday season, hahaha. We are also sticking to the Nutrition Plan, and haven't missed a workout yet. Hasn't been easy! I was already in decent athletic shape prior to starting the program. I do a lot of running--run a couple of half marathons every year with a handful of 5k and 10k races. I also work out every day during my lunch hour (even now while doing INSANITY). But I still had a hard time losing the 5-10 pounds I would like to lose. I'm hoping INSANITY can finally help me do just that.

I'm 29 years old, height is 5'6", starting weight on December 1st was 143 lbs. My goal would be to fit into a size 6 again (currently a size 8), and hopefully fall between the 130-135 pound range.

We are in the middle of week 3 now, and I've seen minor physical results, although my pants to seem to feel slightly looser. I've lost nearly 3 pounds (I know that going by the scale in this program is a bad idea). One of the biggest improvements I've noticed is my endurance and speed, not just in the INSANITY workouts, but in my running as well. A month ago, I was running a 5k distance with an average pace of 10:30-11:10 minute/mile. Yesterday I ran a 5k with an average pace of 9:32 minute/mile. Big difference!!

I love reading through this message thread and hearing about all of the success stories. Please keep them coming and continue to DIG DEEP! Merry Christmas!!
  • rse333
    Options
    Having been inspired by all of the posts I have just ordered insanity on amazon to start on Jan 1st. I need to lose 2 stone in 9 weeks for a work trip abroad in March. I think Insanity is the best chance I have.

I will post updates.....

Oh crikey, what have I done??!!
  • yurireyes1989
    Options
    Your feedback is very helpful
    I'll start on Monday

I will post updates

:happy: :happy:
  • DJ478
    DJ478 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    HERE YOU GO LADIES MY RESULTS:

i didnt follow meal guide but cleaned up a bit i did have pizza a few times and had chips with turkey sandwiches but i am glad with the results lost 12 lbs and 2-3 in all around i do have stomach so i got to work on that im looking to see what i will do for that and def gotta commit to better eating i also hypothyroid and did the program without using my meds and it was possible for me to lose weight great accomplishment my doctor let me stay off them n my body didnt argue that choice thats a victory alone i also am on depo shots so i had a few odds against me but i did it !

lol

2vkdj6f.jpg

2r56c8n.png
  • alikonda
    alikonda Posts: 2,358 Member
    Options
    Look at those biceps! Way to go!!
  • samh131
    Options
    I'm starting Insanity tomorrow! Really excited and nervous. I'm trying to lose my post-baby weight. (I have a 6 month old)

Any tips from anyone out there for a a newbie? X
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!