Ladies with big Insanity workout results!! Where yall at?

Options

Replies

• lauly101
    lauly101 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I just finished my second day of Insanity, I'm sore already lol. Was really struggling towards the end but it feels good to be moving again.

I've noticed something about Insanity. With other workouts, like p90x (I tried for a week) and just plain running or anything else, I would feel guilty when I took breaks because I guess I didn't feel like I'd earned it. With Insanity though, when I take breaks I actually need them lol. I'm practically wheezing and feeling light headed so I physically have to stop to reset.

Is this normal for the beginning? At the end when I couldn't do all the various push up position moves I decided to just jog really hard until I felt like I could try them again. Is that okay? I guess my reasoning is just keep moving even if you can't do moves and push it.

Yeah! It's normal (and not just at the beginning! lol). I was like that even on the last day of month two! You just keep pushing so it doesn't get to the point (well not for me at least) where I can just do it all easy or without stopping, you just can do more and push more and still knack yourself out by the end.

Re pushups - first week first month I couldnt do any really and by end of third month with level 3 drills (16 push ups, 16 floor runs, 16 push ups, 16 floor runs) I could ALMOST manage it all (apart from second lot of floor runs). I just kept moving as you are and got better but still didn't do every move exactly as I should be and ontime. There again, neither do the people in the vid either! Good luck!!
  • danah515
    danah515 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Ok so I just read all 12 pages and I have a few questions. I'm currently pregnant so I can't start the program now but I'm looking into it after the baby is born and I'm cleared to workout again. I'm concerned about food intake. I plan on breastfeeding again which burns a ton of calories! With my son I burned at around 700-1000 calories a day just sitting down...AMAZING! I'm looking forward to that again. :) With breastfeeding and Insanity I would have to eat a crazy amount of calories. How would I do that?!?!? I don't want to starve myself but I don't want to have to eat like a linebacker either. I think I'm just going to have to invest in a heart rate monitor and just eat back a certain amount of what I burn. Would it be 75-80% of my burned calories? I don't know how much to eat back.

I know I kinda rambled. Sorry!
  • amyg007
    amyg007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • BearSmile
    BearSmile Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I just finished my second day of Insanity, I'm sore already lol. Was really struggling towards the end but it feels good to be moving again.

I've noticed something about Insanity. With other workouts, like p90x (I tried for a week) and just plain running or anything else, I would feel guilty when I took breaks because I guess I didn't feel like I'd earned it. With Insanity though, when I take breaks I actually need them lol. I'm practically wheezing and feeling light headed so I physically have to stop to reset.

Is this normal for the beginning? At the end when I couldn't do all the various push up position moves I decided to just jog really hard until I felt like I could try them again. Is that okay? I guess my reasoning is just keep moving even if you can't do moves and push it.

I did day 2 today also. The hardest for me are the pushups. I can't do pushups at all, let alone the walking pushups. I'm going to keep trying, but today I just did the "girl" pushups during that time so I kept moving.
  • danealj
    danealj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • runbabyrun57
    Options
    Hey guys! I just wanted to add my two cents in here! I am currently in week 4 of insanity, so I am just about to finish up month one. I noticed that a lot of you were saying that you have trouble with the push ups at the end of some of the segments. Let me share my experience with you. I could not do ONE push up before insanity. NOT ONE! I started the program with my boyfriend and the first day, I literally just laid there on the ground, exhausted, and watched him do the push ups because I just physically couldn't do it. But on day two, I did my best on them (which wasn't very good.) Now, on week four, I can do ALL of the push up exercises! In fact, the first thing that made me realize that Insanity was really working was how many push ups I could do after just a week or two! So ladies, DO NOT SKIP THE PUSH UPS! I know that they're hard and that by the time you get to them you're exhausted, but trust me, they will get easier and you'll be able to do more of them! Even if you can only do one or two in the amount of time that you have, DO IT! You will quickly find yourself becoming stronger in your upper body. So far, my general results have been alright. My stomach has definitely toned, and my legs have slimmed slightly. From what I've read, the real workout begins in month two, so I'm looking forward to starting the second month! Keep it up everybody!
  • Dani1490
    Dani1490 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this... I planning to start it next week... I am VERY nervous but looking forward to toning.
  • AriCast
    AriCast Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies and guys! I am currently in the middle of week 1. I am very interested in joining a group or just getting friend doing it also.

I have started and fallen off the insane wagon like 3 times already. I have gone until week3 or so.

This time it is on!
  • letsgetphysical9876
    Options
    I finished my first week! It was tough and I definitely could not get through all of the work outs. And I'm not noticing any changes (granted, I'm not following the nutrition plan, just eating clean and drinking lots of water) but I know that I probably won't see any changes for another couple of weeks. I hope the changes start soon!

When did everyone start seeing changes? When did people who didn't follow the diet plan start seeing changes?
  • skystorm13
    skystorm13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I don't follow nutrition plan because I can't afford it (a broke college students hah) and because of my time schedule, but I do eat healthy - noticeable results came after week 3, I lost 3 inches in the waist area, and my legs and arms got toned. Also I start to get rid of the muffin top (finally yay!) and my friends said that I noticeably toned up.
    And I finally zipped those pants from when I was 17!

I also agree with runbabyrun57: I could do only 1 normal push-up, and now I am almost following the dudes on the screen :)
    It will come slowly, just keep going!

I am on a week 6 - and it's literally killing me. The month 2 is much harder, because I guess by the end of month 1 you get accustomed to the pace and exercises, but in the month 2 it's almost doubled. And everything is sore! However it worth the efforts!!
  • Mismis28
    Mismis28 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • 1fitmama
    1fitmama Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Does this workout need to be done daily or can I do it every other day? I am doing Zumba appr 2 times a week and wanted to incorporate more cardio/strength the other days.
  • JenHorsmon
    JenHorsmon Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ange140986
    ange140986 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This is my day two and I'm just preparing myself for day two :) I would love to keep up to date with you guys to see how we are all getting on and I think it will motivate me to keep going if any of you guys are up for it? xx
  • sweetstarfruit
    sweetstarfruit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm starting this week! I haven't decided what day yet because I'm trying to think which day would be the best rest day for me. I tried it October of 2012 but I had food poisoning at the end of the second week and skipped a day and never looked back lol. It was a love/hate relationship and when I stopped I only focused on the hate part, but now I'm positive that I'm ready to give it another shot!
  • ange140986
    ange140986 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hiya! At least you are giving it another shot! I thought I would have given up by now but i'm actually really enjoying it! I feel amazing afterwards and I love crossing off the days as I go along!! Not going to lie though, really sore today but I figure that it'll be worth it at the end of the 60 days :) xx
  • mindyandy420
    mindyandy420 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Ok. I ordered Insanity and should be getting next week. I will then plan a day to start. Anybody that is doing insanity or staring can friend me :-). We all need motivation.
  • flippinawesomek
    Options
    Im thinking about starting insanity on Monday. But i have college monday-thursday and work the weekends... I'm afraid i won't be able.to keep up or follow the diet. Any suggestions/tips? Im wanting to get rid of these love handles and tone.my thighs
  • golferd
    golferd Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    10.5 hrs per week (assuming they are 90 minutes each, they are not, so this includes dressing and preparing) out of 168 hrs in a week.

You might need to organize your schedule priorities but if you want the results you must work for them
  • Themaanya
    Themaanya Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 13/60 of insanity and have already started seeing my first little bit of results...I also haven't been eating as well I should be. I'm going to start eating better with my next week and hoping I start seeing the scale move a bit more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!