Ladies with big Insanity workout results!! Where yall at?

1171819202123»

Replies

• Elo1022
    Elo1022 Posts: 1
    Hello all of you, Im very exited to see results, I stared insanity yesterday the 8-19-14. I am a around 198 lbs and im looking to lose 15 by the end of october because its my birthday and i really like to see my self better. so wish me good luck and lets do it!!!!

Good luck to all of you and keep focus and be careful.

doing this work out ..2 years a go i try it and rep my ACL i was in crunches for 1 year so i gain all and more weigh back i had surgery last year to repair it...so now im more careful!! :cry:

if anyone wants to motivate each other we should make a group of emails and help each other motivation by emails and diets?!:smile:
  • bellamia88
    bellamia88 Posts: 149 Member
    Hey! I am not a Lady....but I can offer some tips about the Insanity Workout program.
    Someone had commented that you burn about 2000 calories doing a insanity workout....this is about true....As a man I burn probably 1500-1800 calories per insanity workout...so for women its going to be a little less...like 1200-1400.....

I know this is a year old but this thread is still active so I will bring it up for those just starting. There is no way you burn that many calories in insanity let alone any other work out unless you are doing it for 5 hours. Don't let the heavy sweating fool you either. This misconception is why many people waste years in the gym and wonder why they are seeing no progress. They will overestimate the amount of calories burned therefore will go home and eat back everything thinking they deserved it after a big burn. Meanwhile they end up eating twice the calories they worked off cancelling out the next few work outs. A standard insanity work out is less than 40 mins and that does not include the 10-15 min pre workout and after workout stretch so technically you're actually exercising for 25-30 minutes. Depending on your height, weight, and gender most people are probably only burning 300-500 per session.
  • shemosaid
    shemosaid Posts: 3 Member
    hey all , this is my 4th week in insanity ..the first 2 weeks i did it with passion but then i didnt lose weight ..my shape changed but nothing on scale ...so i got disappointed and enthusiasm went down ... yesterday i saw ur posts and decided to start my 4th week with the same passion i had at the beginning ... i weigh about 58 kilos and am 162 cm tall but my problem is in my thighs and butt ...i think 50 out of the 58 kilos r there :( if anyone has the same problem and was able to fix that plz help :D
  • meganca93
    meganca93 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi All,

Going to start Insanity on Saturday. Any tips?

Trying to eat a net of 1200-1300 calories a day at the moment. Should I increase or remain the same. Losing around 1lb every 2 weeks at the moment.

Thanks in advance
    Megan
  • I just completed the full insanity program this week. Here are some comparison pictures from about 2-3 weeks after starting to day 60 (I wasn't comfortable taking pictures when I first started, but really wish I had them now!). I lost about 2 inches from my chest, waist & hips from doing insanity and definitely feel like I'm the most fit I've ever been. I actually haven't weighed myself since starting, but everyone I know has been able to notice a difference & I am so happy that I stuck with it! I had MFP set to lose 1lb. a week and ate back all of my exercise calories, which averaged out to about 1900, which is about what the nutrition guide recommended for me, too. I didn't follow the nutrition guide perfectly, but took some inspiration from it and ate a few of the meals in it regularly and focused on getting as much lean protein as I could. My results would likely have been better if I could have given up alcohol, but I did limit what I drank and tracked all of my calories from alcohol. I just started Turbofire this week & hope to see even more results in the next few months.

Anyone starting insanity that needs some motivation or support please feel free to message me! :)

2wf4etg.jpg

6ge7tg.jpg

Now I am going to have to do this based on your pereliminary results! I know everyone is different, but WOW! Look at how your breasts lifted and that butt, too! I would do it JUST to get that butt! lol
  • Ryandecheney314
    Ryandecheney314 Posts: 139 Member
    Hi

I didn't lost as much weight as I would like BUT the body has definitely toned up!! Dropped 2 dress size as well :D I am on Round 3 now because I love it so much, you can friend me , if you like and I will be cheering you on everyday.

I am 5'9, I weigh 166 pounds, I eat around 1850 calories per week and plus 100 or so for the MAX workouts, but I do wear a heart rate monitor as well.

Have fun:wink:

Please tell me you are eating more then 1850 calories per week. :indifferent:
  • nicoletteamber
    nicoletteamber Posts: 57 Member
    Hey everyone! I see a lot of people asking about eating 1200 calories. That is the biggest mistake!! And I made that mistake for a couple months. That's the bare minimum your body needs to survive. I suggest something such as a fitbit and heart rate monitor and calculate what you actually burn on average every day. Everyone should be eating around 75% of the calories they burn. For example, I burn about 2400 calories a day. That means I need to eat 75% of what I burn which is 1,800 calories a day. That STILL gives me a 600 calorie deficit!!! 1-2 lbs a week is healthy weight loss depending on your size. If you have more to lose, it's ok to lose more. Once I upped my calories from 1200 to 1500, the weight and body fat % started to drop.

However, there is another key component to it that I learned. Macronutrients aka the fats, proteins, and carbs. I thought I was eating healthy and I was but the weight and bf% wasn't dropping. This article has helped myself and several others tremendously with their goals. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macro-math-3-keys-to-dialing-in-your-macro-ratios.html

By doing 1500 calories (which I'm upping it every week to reach my 1800 cal a day, (it's super hard to jump up that high all at once)) and focusing on my fat loss goal which includes macronutrients of 40% proteins, 40% fats, 20% carbs, it's definitely achieving what I want physically. I was eating like 40-50% carbs, 20% fats, and whatever in proteins. It was all wrong for my goal. Anywho, I've learned a lot by trial and error since December. I've used my fitbit daily, my HRM for work outs, and I was losing weight slowly but surely but not really a whole lot body fat%. Then this month I've zoned in on my calorie goal and perfect macros, it's changing my body!!!

I hope that helps. Everyone has different opinions on what's supposed to be right. It's all based on YOU! Your metabolism, age, weight, body composition, how active you are, etc. Do the best you can :) trial and error is best. But figure out how much you burn, aim for eating 75% of that or slightly less if you're going for a 750 cal deficit, and adjust your macronutrients. That's my advice and it's working for myself and some friends. Try it out :) if it doesn't work, keep adjusting till it does. But keep on being active!!!

GREAT JOB for everyone sticking with insanity or those who have just started! It's brutal for me every day. Keep on keeping on :):):) happy friday.
  • jen_noel
    jen_noel Posts: 1 Member
    Hey everyone! I'm kinda new here, never posted anything before..anywho I wanted to post my month 1 results (plus recovery week) results. I weighed 205 lbs when I started and I'm down to 194 lbs. I lost a total of 8.75 inches everywhere (3 from my waist alone!) I haven't been following the nutrition guide BUT I have been counting calories trying to stay around 1500-1800 depending on which workout I did and eating healthier (which isn't hard for me I LOVE fruits and veggies). I know it's not a huge change but its something! Here's my results.

Before
    [img]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d44/Stephennifer/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsda851353.jpg[/img]

After
    [img]http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d44/Stephennifer/Mobile Uploads/image_zpsdf15290f.jpg[/img]
  • nsc5053
    nsc5053 Posts: 2
    edited October 2014
    bellamia88 wrote: »
    Hey! I am not a Lady....but I can offer some tips about the Insanity Workout program.
    Someone had commented that you burn about 2000 calories doing a insanity workout....this is about true....As a man I burn probably 1500-1800 calories per insanity workout...so for women its going to be a little less...like 1200-1400.....

I know this is a year old but this thread is still active so I will bring it up for those just starting. There is no way you burn that many calories in insanity let alone any other work out unless you are doing it for 5 hours. Don't let the heavy sweating fool you either. This misconception is why many people waste years in the gym and wonder why they are seeing no progress. They will overestimate the amount of calories burned therefore will go home and eat back everything thinking they deserved it after a big burn. Meanwhile they end up eating twice the calories they worked off cancelling out the next few work outs. A standard insanity work out is less than 40 mins and that does not include the 10-15 min pre workout and after workout stretch so technically you're actually exercising for 25-30 minutes. Depending on your height, weight, and gender most people are probably only burning 300-500 per session.

I use a heart rate monitor and calorie counter and I burned 780 calories going half a$$ed on day 2. So I'm sure that around 1000 is right if you follow through.
  • Bump
  • horrorfan
    horrorfan Posts: 42 Member
    Thinking about buying this! The results from everyone else seem incredible.
  • lupevsolis
    lupevsolis Posts: 1 Member
    I been doing insanity 5 months now but not really seen big results workout 5 days a week watch what I eat I'm 5'7 168 I haven't gained but definitely not seen a lot of change which has me bummed out
  • GetZet
    GetZet Posts: 126 Member
    Older thread but it still fits. I’ve done Insanity—completely through once and staggered-week twice. The first run through, I gave myself shin splints. I gained contours and muscle definition, and definitely improved my cardio functions. The next two times I tried it (over the course of two years,) the results were real, and hard earned.

I made modifications as the program is meant for people with an athletic baseline. I was obese. Even so, it will give results.

I’m now trying Insanity Asylum because I want to build muscle, but those earlier rounds of Insanity are what got me here.
  • GetZet
    Finished Asylum and am back on original Insanity—doing the Max versions (second half) of everything.

Also close to dropping another size by the end of December.
  • GetZet
    Funny how many circles there are in life. Once I would’ve been frustrated or bored by starting over again. Today I just started Insanity (day1 Plyo Circuit) after a BOD hiatus and am quite pleased. It was fun being purple faced for an hour afterward. It was enlightening to me to feel a sudden desire for yoga in the evening and a weight session tomorrow…like I’m back at the very beginning when I was pushing morbidity and everything was new and empowering even as I kicked my own butt with the simplest of maneuvers.

I’ll see what day2 brings.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!