Is Your State Making You Fat???

Options
167891012»

Replies

• TheWiseCat
    TheWiseCat Posts: 297
    Options
    I've lived in a few different states and a few different countries and I've been fit and slender in all of them, so I think that I provide a protective barrier to the fat causing pollution.

Maybe all the pollution went to your head instead of your thighs ;)
  • TheWiseCat
    Options
    Awesome, a thread to give people an excuse.

"I live in a fat state, it's not my fault."

correlation =/= causation

You're just making excuses for the polluters. I bet you work for a big industrial complex ravaging our air and water!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I've lived in a few different states and a few different countries and I've been fit and slender in all of them, so I think that I provide a protective barrier to the fat causing pollution.

Right! That's why I believe that I provide a protective barrier. It all makes sense now.
  • TheWiseCat
    Options

Right! That's why I believe that I provide a protective barrier. It all makes sense now.

tin-foil-hat.jpg?3d6f98
  • Moosycakes
    Moosycakes Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    The only thing or person to blame for being over weight is ONE'S SELF!!!!!!!!!

Actually there are a lot of other factors that come into the equation, like socioeconomic status, social environment, culture, environment, history, biology, resources available, policies and legislation etc.

You can't blame the person when they have so many factors influencing them and their behaviour :)
  • Ladywindchaser
    Ladywindchaser Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Typical response to not being responsible for one's self!!!!!!!!!!!! Good grief and we wonder why we are in the State we are today!!!!!!!!!
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Typical response to not being responsible for one's self!!!!!!!!!!!! Good grief and we wonder why we are in the State we are today!!!!!!!!!

Some of us aren't in a State. Some of us are in a district or a province.

Typical American.
  • TheWiseCat
    Options

Some of us aren't in a State. Some of us are in a district or a province.

Typical American.

Some of us aren't in a state, district or province. Some of us are in a territory, republic, voivodship, riding, prefecture, okrug, duchy, division or principality.

Typical Brit.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I've been doing a lot of research lately into what exactly causes this huge obesity epidemic. So many people these days are overweight and you know that it cannot just be due to thyroids and lack of desire. Almost all the overweight people I know say they want to lose weight! AND YET THEY DON'T.

So I went into research mode, and I found some seriously shocking things. For instance, the states with the highest amount of pollution and smog are almost exactly the same as the states with the highest rates of obesity. Check out this science:

mtvc1Po.jpg

H0Gb8KE.jpg

There are a few exceptions, but overall, the areas are really similar and this discovery is seriously ground breaking, I know that most of my friends have never considered moving to get away from obesity-causing pollutants, but I have been telling everyone about this since I discovered it.

So what about it? Do you live in a state that is making you fat? If you do, would you consider moving?

I dont see it. Not much seems consistent with your theory. There are states/areas with high concentrations of pollution and low rates of obesity & vice versa. I travel across the US regularly and think culture & heritage plays a big role.

Some areas of the US are big on fried foods, some are big cheese eaters, others are big on seafood.

Something to consider; one of the biggest inventions that shifted the political dynamics in the U.S. was Air Conditioning. Its implementation in the late 1950's & early 60's caused an influx to hot and humid cities in the rural south & hot and arid western states. I also think that many areas with harsher climates nurture the people to stay indoors more and exercise less.
  • lilpoindexter
    lilpoindexter Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I blame Obama.
  • Doodlewhopper
    Doodlewhopper Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I live in south Louisiana, where the most delicious food in the country is, so it's no wonder that LA ranks in one of the highest. Visit here and you'll understand...

Anyway, the only thinking really making us fat is choosing to eat too much of the wrong things and not exercising enough. I's not exclusive to every single person living in their respective state.

Ki sase bon cher. My people are from Abbeville and in my travels I have learned that you are right, there is no food that compares to ours.