Lost 50lbs~Now I'm a Success Story, Too :) *VERY Pic Heavy*

Options
WaxMama
WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
Hi! My name is Amber and I joined MFP one year ago last Sunday. My story is a long one, but I will keep it as short as possible :smile: I will warn you, I am not camera shy and I am not one of those people who can say, "I don't have many pictures at my heaviest weight, I avoided the camera" because I'm not sure I really realized how big I was!

About me: I'm turning 27 next month and I'm 5'4.75" (yes, the 3/4 inch counts!)

UHW: 199 (this time around)
SW (MFP): 190
CW: 147
GW: Undetermined

I've always struggled with my weight, starting the yo-yo dieting at just 12 years old. I was a very chunky kid and my parents never taught me portion control or that some foods were more nutritious than others. I starved myself my last year in High School, losing 30 lbs in one month and weighing in at 140 lbs. Even at this weight, I wasn't happy with myself, which didn't much matter because I became pregnant just 4 months after graduating. I put on 60 lbs and continued to gain weight after my son was born until I topped out at 206 :embarassed: When I saw that number on the scale, I thought, "Enough is enough!" and began losing weight the right way. I ate when I was hungry, stopped when I was satisfied and hit the gym several times a week for "light exercise." I worked my way down to 160 lbs where I semi-happily stayed for several years.

Fast forward a few years~ When my once little guy turned 6, my hubby and I decided to try for another. In October of 2012, we found out we were pregnant with our second baby. I gained weight very slowly (craved salad, of all things!) the second time around and was pretty happy with my 40 lb gain, but since I still had on an additional 20lbs from my first pregnancy, the end result was the same. Yes, I am the crazy person who weighed herself the morning she went into labor :laugh: and I was 199 lbs :frown:

Here's my baby belly (can't help but share!!!)

photo_zps6b3edcca.png

Here is me 1 week post-partum:

Befores1_zps1cb7a2c3.png

And 2 months later:

photo3_zps296d70de.png

I'm in the black shirt:

photo_zpse8355483.jpg

Of course, after giving birth to an 8lb baby, you lose some weight, but I was stuck at around 190 lbs for nearly 10 months and nursing was not helping. Instead of losing weight easily as most breast feeding mothers do, I was hungry ALL of the time and just couldn't lose any weight (even though I didn't always give in to my hunger). That April, my sister came to visit from out of state, took pictures... and uploaded them to Facebook. I was horrified. For your enjoyment, here's that picture: :sad:

photo1_zps06ae1065.png

Okay, enough crying As my sister returned to her home state, I purchased my new iPhone and discovered the My Fitness Pal app *insert angelic music here* and life has never been the same since! I started logging my food on 4/28/12 and have not missed a single day! My original goal was to just lose the baby weight and get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight of 160 lbs (a size 14). I knew I was done having kids, but I never thought it was possible to get back down to my high school weight or to even go further than that. I used to think exercise was something I'd just do while I lost weight and then I could just maintain my weight by eating the right portions (which is what I'd done when I'd lost weight before). I never thought to push myself with exercise, to train my body. I never knew I could be strong, go further, go faster. MFP taught me I could. Over the last year, I have browsed the success forums and have seen such amazing transformations and they showed me that I could go as far as I was willing to push myself! When I hit my prepregnancy weight, I just kept pushing on...

I have lost 50 lbs and I feel amazing! I begin c25k last September and running has changed my life. I go to the gym every day after work (5 days a week) and do 30DS followed by a 2 mile run. I do not usually work out over the weekend because I'm already pretty active with my two boys- now 8 and 2! I went from a size 18 jeans (I think, I lived in sweat pants and a couple of pairs of VERY stretched out size 16 jeans), XL pants and XL shirts to a size 10/12 jeans (depending), M pants and S/M top!

Here are a few of my recent photos:

Afters1_zps53a069b9.jpg

Afters5_zpse9c9d80a.jpg

photo22_zps0484be20.jpg

ae7a9acc-2dfb-444e-bc7a-9ed48dba9aec_zps8f4a1200.jpg

And I finished my first 5k, the Color Me Rad, just a few weeks ago!

photo18_zps23286e91.png

99_zps4c0a6828.jpg

77_zps2d6b4351.jpg

No matter where you are in your journey, you can get wherever you want to be! I'd like to dedicate this post to my aunt Glenda, who was always the first to notice any signs of weight loss in me. My jeans would get a little baggy and you'd think I'd just saved the world for all the praise she'd give me! I'll never forget what she told me when I was pregnant with my youngest, "Amber, I do believe you may end up even smaller than you were when you got pregnant!" And she was right! If she could see me now! *I will always love and miss you, Glenda!* :heart:

Replies

• shortchange1
    shortchange1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Very nice job! You look great!
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Amazing story!!!! Congrats!!!!
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Yeah. Good one !
  • juliacougarrrr
    juliacougarrrr Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You look wonderful. You have worked hard and it's inspirational to see the great results. I hope to get down to your current weight and it's good to see what that could look like. Thank you for sharing. :0)
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    You look beautiful!! :smile: :smile: :smile: Congratulations!!
  • GenesisandEden
    GenesisandEden Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    amazing!
  • Hannah645
    Hannah645 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I smiled as soon as I saw your first after photos. I too started MFP almost a year ago and hovered around 200 pounds. I can relate to your story well. You look fantastic!
  • sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Your story is so awesome and you totally had me tearing up at the end :) congratulations!!!!
  • MusicLee_
    MusicLee_ Posts: 19
    Options
    you're truly amazing!
  • lyn_2013
    lyn_2013 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing...and you look amazing! :smile:
  • Eatkansasbeef
    Eatkansasbeef Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Love it! You look fabulous :)
  • Tweety1983
    Tweety1983 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!! Amazing job!! VERY inspirational!!
  • larryc0923
    larryc0923 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You have really transformed your life. You look so healthy and happy. Thank you for sharing.
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    You have done an AMAZING job! Keep up the good work. I'm confident in YOU, that YOU will hit your weight and fitness goals.

Great Job!
  • jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Absolutely the best I've seen on this Site. Thanks for taking time to share.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    This is the inspiration I needed tonight, THANK YOU! You look amazing!
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    YOU WIN!!!
  • cindyhoney2
    cindyhoney2 Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    What an amazing story! You look fantastic!
  • NightNurse727
    NightNurse727 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a great transformation! You look fabulous!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!