Lost 50lbs~Now I'm a Success Story, Too :) *VERY Pic Heavy*

Options

Replies

• dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Stunning! Your loss is incredible! Great job momma!
  • WaxMama
    WaxMama Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Wow, we share very similiar stories.. so it is very close to my heart. You look fabulous and are an inspiration! Keep it up, mama!

Can I ask how you mind the time to go to the gym after work with 2 kids?

Absolutely! My father is disabled and him and my mom are both retired. They came to live with my hubby and I about 3 years ago and my mom watches my youngest while I'm at work. We just moved to a new building at work which has a gym! I usually get off work early (around 2:30/3 in the afternoon) so I spend about an hour in the gym after work, shower and go home just in time for my mom to get "off work" and to grab my boys.

It wasn't always this "easy" to workout. It took a lot of juggling and I would often have to wait until my boys were in bed for the night to fit in a quick workout before I passed out! My hubby has been a HUGE support and I am so grateful to have my family as resources to help me reach my goals. I guess my point is, you do what you can, when you can... It's not easy, especially for us moms, but you know what they say: Even if you're only able to give a few minutes out of your day, you're still lapping everyone on the couch!!! :flowerforyou:
  • katemcp79
    katemcp79 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! You look amazing. I'm around your start weight now and my goal is to get to your current weight so it's really inspiring to see what a difference it has made to you. Well done!
  • WaxMama
    Options
    Thank you! And thank you to everyone else! I may not respond directly to each of you, but please know that all of these comments are truly appreciated :smile:
  • deb2799
    deb2799 Posts: 45
    Options
    AMAZING!!!! I added you as a friend. I started at about the same and my goal is about where you are at! You are an inspiration :)
  • WaxMama
    Options
    Yay! I love new friends :smile: Well, you are right on track. I know it seems like such a slow process, but that's how my journey was, too. It took me an entire year to lose 40 lbs... I know it's going to take a lot longer to get to where I want to be! Success that takes a while is still success!!!
  • Sawjer
    Sawjer Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Wow, wow and double wow! You look amazing!! Well done to you! Such an inspiration!
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    :) This story made me smile, I love it.

Thanks for sharing.
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!!!
  • Cacoates90
    Cacoates90 Posts: 62
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss. You look beautiful!!
  • shannonferrie
    Options
    You look amazing! Congrats!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you look and sound absolutely radiant!!! i'm so proud of you and i don't even know you! wow. you've shown us what so many others before us have shown--that hard work and persistence pay off! i would be honored to be your friend!

btw, you have a lovely hourglass shape. i wish i had some hips ;) keep on training, running, lifting, beast-mode-ing :)
  • WaxMama
    Options
    you look and sound absolutely radiant!!! i'm so proud of you and i don't even know you! wow. you've shown us what so many others before us have shown--that hard work and persistence pay off! i would be honored to be your friend!

btw, you have a lovely hourglass shape. i wish i had some hips ;) keep on training, running, lifting, beast-mode-ing :)

Haha! You made me chuckle :laugh: And thanks, I always hated my thick hips, but I am now learning to love them! I feel like I'll always have that womanly figure, even when I reach my goal and I think that's wonderful! It does suck though, to always be a size bigger than most girls my weight/height because of my hips/thighs/butt. Not that I'm complaining, the guys seem to love it! :blushing:
  • WaxMama
    Options
    Wow, wow and double wow! You look amazing!! Well done to you! Such an inspiration!

• Roger_Vaughn
    Roger_Vaughn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    AWESOME! You are looking Great!
  • Klem4
    Klem4 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!! Great job!!!! :)
  • shelbysp8
    shelbysp8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look great!
    I noticed you were from VA - I had some friends that ran in the Color me Rad event too; they had a great time.

You should be VERY proud of your accomplishment! :flowerforyou:
  • MSDLEWIS
    MSDLEWIS Posts: 15
    Options
    Great Job!!! You look amazing. My first goal is to be able to join the 100 Club. CW at 208 and I'm determined to be under 200 before I leave for my cruise in June. Wish me luck!!!
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Excellent job :D

I've nursed 2 babies and never lost ANYTHING while nursing.

It's not most moms, just SOME who lose while nursing.
  • MEGAmm
    MEGAmm Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 3/4" too!!! You are a TOTAL inspiration to me. My heaviest was 205 lb, currently at 163 lbs... My goal is 145 lb for now - we'll see once I get there. :-) I start C25K on Tuesday and I am SUPER excited. You just motivated me even more. Great job!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!