So what's been your NSV today?

Options

Replies

• kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have found out that I can easily run up and downstairs, carrying full laundry baskets, without getting winded. It's a good feeling.
  • triskaidekaphile13
    triskaidekaphile13 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was a volunteer at Parkrun today because I'm running 5K Race for Life tomorrow and didn't want to run two consecutive days. Previously when I've volunteered and it's involved clothes I've been given men's clothing and sometimes they didn't have anything that would fit me at all. Today I had no such worries and just got a hiviz jacket out of the box and put it on. No drama. Such a lovely feeling.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I did 90 squats last night and I'm not sore at all!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    My formerly "snug" yoga pants are now loose :smile:
  • Ejourneys
    Ejourneys Posts: 1,603 Member
    Options
    Took advantage of a GREAT sale on lettuce and other fresh produce and managed to get home before the skies opened up. :-)
  • hawaii86442
    hawaii86442 Posts: 167
    Options
    Getting fitted for a new bra--I have gone from a 40 to a 34 in the 65 total pounds that I have lost. Cup size is still the same.
  • ClementineGeorg
    ClementineGeorg Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Buying formal clothes for my master of science graduation and actually being able to find nice looking clothes. And looking just fat, not disgustingly obese... I can't stand my bachelor degree graduation pictures because the way I used to look. I know I have still much to go on, but being able to see I'm at least a little less (in size) than I used to be makes me feel a little better.
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I sound dumb, but whats nsv?

Edit- It looks like accomplishments...?

no you're not, I don't know either!
  • siany01
    siany01 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I'm going out for the evening and I am wearing a size 12 uk (us8) dress and my Armani watch fits me again after 3 years of not fitting :)
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options

no you're not, I don't know either!

Non- scale victory.

So, not weight lost but some other "victory" you've had in relation to diet, exercise etc.
  • Andrea8985
    Andrea8985 Posts: 107
    Options
    It wasn't today, but on Thursday I went out for dinner with my husband. I was the skinniest girl in the restaurant. That's never happened to me before!
  • Camera_BagintheUK
    Camera_BagintheUK Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I get to go to Victoria Secret and buy new sexy panties...no more grandma panties for me ;)

oooh yes - and I hang my undies out on the line to dry now, no longer ashamed that the neighbours will see my control pants (which have all been put out!)
  • fitmomma23
    fitmomma23 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Leg Pressed 200 lbs today!!!
  • ouiouilezizi
    Options
    1) A ton of my clothes from highschool are beginning to fit again!

2) I actually JOGGED yesterday for 20 minutes! This is a person who could barely walk up a flight of stairs people. AND I've always said I hate running!
  • taidasrictar
    taidasrictar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    my NSV is near wardrobe malfunction yesterday :laugh:

doing c25k and boight some cheap starter shorts when i started working out before i lost weight it use to be nice and snug, now I have to tie the waist really tight. I was doing one of my intervals and the string inside the waste must have got loose and had to stop and retie it or i might have lost my shorts :blushing:

not the best NSV but amused me none the less
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    my DH who has also lost weight needed some new summer shorts. Old Navy had a sale so I grabbed a couple pair of jeans from the clearance racks because they were on sale and I need all new fall/winter clothes as well.

Anyway, they did not have the size I thought I was in so I grabbed the closest size which was lower than I thought I could wear.

End result, I put on a pair of sized 6 skinny jeans and they FIT!!!!! 18 months ago I was barely getting size 16s on and now I am 5'11" in a size frickin' 6!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I did not sit and eat my way through two-thirds of a bag of tortilla chips.
  • chinalavy
    chinalavy Posts: 104
    Options

Non scale victory's ?
  • strum261
    strum261 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Love all these stories, everyone should be proud of themselves. Mine is I bought a new pair of jeans last night, size 10, down from a 14, and I did 10 regular push ups during my workout.
  • Jewles1285
    Jewles1285 Posts: 119
    Options
    Running the c25k program and being able to run without getting out of breath!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!