that "skinny b*tch" moment

Options

Replies

• Arosebloom1
    Arosebloom1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    AWESOME :flowerforyou: Your story will inspire MFP members. Proud of you. WTG
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Way to go! That was the perfect response - articulate, to the point and a total burn! :p
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    !!!!!!!!! you are AWESOME!!!!!! love reading stories like this. i call that a NSV. GO YOU :)
  • Guurl
    Guurl Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have tears in my eyes !
    Good for you!
    You should be very proud of yourself.
    And Phil, he sounds like a nice guy . . . :)
    Kidding, cheers.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Very proud of you! Most of us wouldn't say anything and yes you certainly are hot and he's a twit.
  • sheyennelilly
    sheyennelilly Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    You have done a wonderful job losing all the weight. You look wonderful and I'm sure you feel wonderful. I'm so sorry you were bullied in school. It sounds absolutely horrible.
    That being said, I think it would have been a better ending for you to have let him know that he really hurt you, and then forgive him. I think he probably went out on a limb to apologize to you, even if it was awkward and not well-worded. He could have just pretended he didn't recognize you, right? Like another poster said, I wasn't there, so I can't really picture exactly the circumstances or the attitudes involved, so I may be off base, but I truly think a kinder and higher road to take would have been to graciously accept his apology.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I think what you did is fantastic. And you look incredible. :)
  • squeakyfish
    squeakyfish Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    You rock! I hope you are so proud of yourself - I'm sure that was really hard to do!
  • meggyshae
    meggyshae Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Wow! Good for you girl!! You should be so proud of yourself!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    You have done a wonderful job losing all the weight. You look wonderful and I'm sure you feel wonderful. I'm so sorry you were bullied in school. It sounds absolutely horrible.
    That being said, I think it would have been a better ending for you to have let him know that he really hurt you, and then forgive him. I think he probably went out on a limb to apologize to you, even if it was awkward and not well-worded. He could have just pretended he didn't recognize you, right? Like another poster said, I wasn't there, so I can't really picture exactly the circumstances or the attitudes involved, so I may be off base, but I truly think a kinder and higher road to take would have been to graciously accept his apology.

I never get mentalities like this. Why, after enduring years of teasing, casual cruelty, and torment, is one supposed to take the 'high' road? Why is the burden on the bullied person to be the 'better man'? So the Bully can have the satisfaction of being a good person now and go to sleep at night content in the knowledge that they've been forgiven and the years they spent causing someone else pain are just wiped clean? Forget that.

I was viciously bullied in high school, to a point that I had to have my entire class schedule rearranged (Funny how I was the one who had to change and not the bullies) and I can honestly say there are some people out in the world who I wish live long lives, full of pain and suffering and not a single shred of happiness.

OT: Good for you OP, and you were beautiful before and beautiful now.
  • jessgetshealthy
    Options
    audience.gif
    FANTASTIC.
    tumblr_m7ar9cg04W1qcs7kp.gif
    tumblr_inline_mgu88pAWUh1qfzv9p.gif
    tumblr_mi4retEh9c1rdutw3o1_500.gif

Exactly. GOOD FOR YOU!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I think you looked great before, but i can tell that you're happier and healthier now,
    So this is awesome :D I'm so happy for you.:flowerforyou:
  • happilyeveractive
    happilyeveractive Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    you go girl! i have been hit on so much more since ive gone from a 14 to a 4 by former classmates. shows how shallow some people really are....
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options

I never get mentalities like this. Why, after enduring years of teasing, casual cruelty, and torment, is one supposed to take the 'high' road? Why is the burden on the bullied person to be the 'better man'? So the Bully can have the satisfaction of being a good person now and go to sleep at night content in the knowledge that they've been forgiven and the years they spent causing someone else pain are just wiped clean? Forget that.

I was viciously bullied in high school, to a point that I had to have my entire class schedule rearranged (Funny how I was the one who had to change and not the bullies) and I can honestly say there are some people out in the world who I wish live long lives, full of pain and suffering and not a single shred of happiness.

Because, ultimately, forgiveness isn't about the bully. It's about learning to let go of the rage, anger, sadness, or bitterness that exists when you "don't get" that mentality. Whether you realize it's there or not, that sort of resentment can be very toxic to oneself.
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I have posted my before and after pictures before but i want to tell you a story of absolute success. i was very fat in high school actually my whole school career. i was bullied ALOT because of it. the "popular" kids would often say things like "maybe if you give her a twinkie she will let you copy her homework" among other things. (i was smart almost all advanced classes). this is what i looked like
    mcdstc.jpg

i work about 3 blocks from my old high school so everyone i went to school with lives close. so 2 nights ago one of the boys who bullied me relentlessly came into my work. i knew who he was instantly he doesn't have a face i would likely forget. He came to the counter and did a double take and
    said "you're Chelsea (insert last name here) right?"
    so i said "yes"
    he said "damn you got hot! i gotta say i wouldnt have recognized you. Sorry for.....ya know everything in school. we were young ya know?" he was staring at my chest the whole time he said this
    so i could either be a b*tch or say its okay. So what did i do?
    i said "You are only sorry because you think im...what did you say? 'hot?' if i still was fat you would have come in here and said some smart alack remark about how im still fat and although i have changed for the better you are still the same. i thought maybe college would have changed you but i guess not. so no i do not accept you're apology because your not truly sorry."
    needless to say he was stunned and quietly left the store. my coworker Phil was in the back room and came out clapping. i have never been more proud of myself, i stood up to my bully! this guy harrassed me throughout the 6 years i knew him.
    This is what i look like now
    29uzx35.jpg

Awesome! I had a similar experience when I went home after my first semester of college. Because I was in Army ROTC I lost almost all of my extra body fat. I went to a local restaurant with my family where one of the guys that made fun of me all the time worked as a waiter.He was one of those jocks that was in my English class who tortured me mercilessly because of my weight. At the restaurant he was our waiter. Needless to say he didn't recognize me at all and asked me on a date. I looked him straight in the eye and said, " I know you Jeremy. Remember me? I was the one that sat in front of you in Mrs so-and-so's English class where you made sure to torture me for being overweight. I wouldn't go out with you if you were the last man on earth." Needless to say he didn't get a tip from my father and i threw the napkin that had his phone number on and hit him on the forehead with it.
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous before and after! Congrats girl
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    OP:Frickin' AWESOME burn!

To those that think the high road is the better choice:F*** OFF!

Sometimes we need a little vengeance/retribution for what was done to/taken from us!
  • Kaoticma07
    Kaoticma07 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    LOL you go girl he deserved what you told him...He wasnt sorry for what he told you all those years in glad that you had a moment were you felt proud of your self....yyyaayyyyy you... :)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

Because, ultimately, forgiveness isn't about the bully. It's about learning to let go of the rage, anger, sadness, or bitterness that exists when you "don't get" that mentality. Whether you realize it's there or not, that sort of resentment can be very toxic to oneself.

Well, even the air is toxic these days, so in the grand scheme of things resentment probably won't be anyone's undoing.
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Good for you. I had a rough high school (I moved around a lot and started my high school at 15 in a small town, they didn't take kindly to "new people") I have had similar things happen and I think your reaction was absolutely correct. The high road isn't silence, what's wrong with honesty? I would have clapped for you too babes. Just because people were kids doesn't mean they get a free pass, especially when they make it obvious their interest is only in your physical change you were always the same person.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!