that "skinny b*tch" moment

Options

Replies

• PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    You have done a wonderful job losing all the weight. You look wonderful and I'm sure you feel wonderful. I'm so sorry you were bullied in school. It sounds absolutely horrible.
    That being said, I think it would have been a better ending for you to have let him know that he really hurt you, and then forgive him. I think he probably went out on a limb to apologize to you, even if it was awkward and not well-worded. He could have just pretended he didn't recognize you, right? Like another poster said, I wasn't there, so I can't really picture exactly the circumstances or the attitudes involved, so I may be off base, but I truly think a kinder and higher road to take would have been to graciously accept his apology.

I never get mentalities like this. Why, after enduring years of teasing, casual cruelty, and torment, is one supposed to take the 'high' road? Why is the burden on the bullied person to be the 'better man'? So the Bully can have the satisfaction of being a good person now and go to sleep at night content in the knowledge that they've been forgiven and the years they spent causing someone else pain are just wiped clean? Forget that.

I was viciously bullied in high school, to a point that I had to have my entire class schedule rearranged (Funny how I was the one who had to change and not the bullies) and I can honestly say there are some people out in the world who I wish live long lives, full of pain and suffering and not a single shred of happiness.

OT: Good for you OP, and you were beautiful before and beautiful now.

Because, ultimately, forgiveness isn't about the bully. It's about learning to let go of the rage, anger, sadness, or bitterness that exists when you "don't get" that mentality. Whether you realize it's there or not, that sort of resentment can be very toxic to oneself.

I admit that I was never bullied, and I've definitely never bullied others, but I agree with this post. It's easy to be angry, but ultimately, I believe that forgiveness, letting things go, not letting our own strong emotions get in our way, that's when we're happiest.

OP, if that moment made you feel good about yourself, and your progress, I'm happy for you (like I said, I was never bullied, so I don't know what that moment would be like...) and I hope you continue to progress :flowerforyou:
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Great stuff! Funny thing is you were rather pretty even in your before photo, despite the extra insulation! Pity kids at high school can't see past the silhouette.
  • NikaVonD
    NikaVonD Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow! Congrats! You look awesome right now ;)
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Bullying is a complicated thing, but try to remember that it doesn't only hurt the victim. It also hurts the perpetrator.

I was bullied for my weight and the way my brain works as a kid. In turn, I found a smaller fish to bully. Apparently that puts me in a very small category, but I can assure you that I carry around the damage from both. I do understand your reaction, and while you are justified, you might want to think about bringing your confidence to an even higher level. You have earned it. But remember that this awful thing can only be stopped by those in positions of authority, and the ethical failure ultimately lies with the school.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I love the fact you told him where to go but remained classy. Well done :smile:
  • cook6609
    cook6609 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!! You are so right!!! He's only sorry because you weren't fat anymore... I'm glad you said what you did... You look amazing by the way :-)
  • Shalini_15
    Shalini_15 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Amazing :) Too good an answer in the face :)
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    you girl, are amazeballs!
  • cald0nia
    cald0nia Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Yayy... beautiful!
  • jenbenefit
    jenbenefit Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    *kitten* yeaah!
    If I could high five you, I would right now :drinker:
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    omg this made me so happy to read :). also great job!
  • majoki
    majoki Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's usually one of things you think of to say after you've missed your moment, but you got it right on cue!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Imigen04
    Imigen04 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    This is such an awesome post! You were and are beautiful and also your smile is contagious :) keep smiling and being you
  • bossyfairy
    bossyfairy Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Lol! That did make me smile. Well done for actually standing up for yourself. Now if only you could travel back in time and tell your teenage self you would have that opportunity... :smile:
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    congrats, what a great story. you look hot :flowerforyou:
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Omg you are SO adorable! And wow, what a jerk. I'm glad you had the power this time.:heart:
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Wow, you do look AMAZING! Great job, and way to go on not letting years of bullying make you insecure-because that response shows you are definitely not insecure!
  • shutterbug282
    shutterbug282 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You look awesome and that dress is so cute! That guy sounds like an idiot!
  • HappilyRubina
    HappilyRubina Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Amazing. It was like the climax of a beautiful girly movie. Congos! :)
  • CannibalisticVegetarian
    CannibalisticVegetarian Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    *Throws a bouquet of roses on stage whilst clapping* BRAVO!! Encore! Encore dammit!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!