5'6 Ladies: what's your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    NROir0bl.jpg

5'5'' and about 136-137 pounds in this pic. So freaking fat indeed.

Not fat, just bulky!

lol are you joking. This is pretty fit to me

Yes, yes I am.
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    *looks around*

This thread has recently lost some weight. Some useless dead weight. Much improved

:flowerforyou:
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"6 my goal weight is 140 being I'm 177 now and my rib cage is big and pops out slightly at this weight

Im 177 size 11 juniors and medium junior top as of today's date
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

To Sara, I guess the part I kinda agree with is about vanity;

"You could say, "who cares what men think!" You do! Otherwise, why lose weight at all. Once you reach a weight range that does not present health risks, there is no reason other than vanity and female competition to lose weight. "I just feel better about myself" ...bs. "I just like the way my clothes fit"..double bs! It's a similar reason why women are intrinsically attracted to men with muscles; the inate need to be protected, provided for, blah, blah, blah. You think we go to the gym and pump iron for hours and hours to "better ourselves"?"

There is an element for sure of women caring what others think. I am not saying it's a good thing - but it's there for many of us. I like to look good mostly for myself, but of course I like others to think I look good. Society is judgemental, we do not live in a utopia, and appearances do matter. As much as people go on about looks not being important, I won't listen to anyone who preaches on about that until I meet someone who only wears the cheapest clothes, doesn't care about doing their hair/makeup etc and never, ever comments on another person's appearances.

That may be true for you. I do not try to speak for everyone. I lift weights because I love lifting heavy arsed weights.

I don't try to speak for others either, but I don't think it's appropriate to either to say people don't want to lose weight/tone for appearances. Had a huge fb status (lol) argument the other day when I was *****ing about girls showing bras and guys showing nip with tiny singlets. Apparently I am a judgemental *****, and that's fine, but appearances are a fabric of our society. If we took everyone at face value then it'd be difficult, wouldn't it? You can meet 100s of people in a day, and if you weren't to subconsciously to categorise them then I think we'd all be a bit stuck. Judging and generalisations are a form of categorising - something which is important, whether or not people like it. Anddddd I know I will be attacked for saying that, so be it.

I have started lifting this past month and love it - love seeing your pics as well. I want that sexy back haha

You are totally missing the point here - you have no idea why I do what I do and I find it rather amusing that you think you do to be honest.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    First of all, I want to apologize to everybody in this thread who has a goal weight of over 130 lbs at 5'6". My first reaction was to agree with the original poster as many times I do think people pick goal weights that are too high and end up selling themselves short. However, I jumped the gun on this one though, and I am sorry. Many of you have lost a lot of weight and made many wonderful accomplishments. For me to undermine any of that was REALLY bad on my part - I'm truly am sorry so please accept my apologies.

However, those of you who now want to pick apart my own goal weight (which I've maintained now for two years btw) are full of rubbish too. I am at the tip top of my health both physically and mentally and feel awesome. Read my profile - I've never felt better. I LIFT HEAVY. I do cardio. I have a six pack. I eat at maintenance, which is roughly 2200 to 2300 calories a day. Wtf would I eat at a surplus? It's called maintenance for a reason. Thanks to those of you who stood up for me on that note. You guys are great!

We only have our own experience regarding weight loss to go by, which sometimes makes it difficult to understand when others goals are different from our own.

And you guys are right - the person who I initially jumped the gun by agreeing with is a 39 year old male. WTF does he know?!!?

I think my other reply got lost somewhere in the clean-up.

I wanted to say I appreciate this post of yours. I do agree that you have a point and that sometimes we do sell ourselves short as to what we can accomplish. However, for some of us it really just is not realistic to get to certain weights. I truly believe I would look ill at 130 pounds, and my goals have now shifted to focusing on lifting really heavy stuff and putting it back down.

You, however, certainly appear to be well-suited to your weight, and if you feel healthy and strong, then that is further proof that you are at a good weight for YOU. One thing I have learned is that there are many different healthy body shapes and weights.
  • ScottishMrs
    ScottishMrs Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I realized I never posted my own goal weight. It's around 145lbs, but really it's 20-22% BF. I don't want my BF to get too too low because I'm trying to make a baby right now :)
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    *looks around*

This thread has recently lost some weight. Some useless dead weight. Much improved

:bigsmile:

ETA: I am 5'6"...goal weight range 136-141, but more importantly I have a goal BF of 19-20% and a goal "look" of hot as hell in a two piece.
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options

"You could say, "who cares what men think!" You do! Otherwise, why lose weight at all. Once you reach a weight range that does not present health risks, there is no reason other than vanity and female competition to lose weight. "I just feel better about myself" ...bs. "I just like the way my clothes fit"..double bs! It's a similar reason why women are intrinsically attracted to men with muscles; the inate need to be protected, provided for, blah, blah, blah. You think we go to the gym and pump iron for hours and hours to "better ourselves"?"

There is an element for sure of women caring what others think. I am not saying it's a good thing - but it's there for many of us. I like to look good mostly for myself, but of course I like others to think I look good. Society is judgemental, we do not live in a utopia, and appearances do matter. As much as people go on about looks not being important, I won't listen to anyone who preaches on about that until I meet someone who only wears the cheapest clothes, doesn't care about doing their hair/makeup etc and never, ever comments on another person's appearances.

That may be true for you. I do not try to speak for everyone. I lift weights because I love lifting heavy arsed weights.

I don't try to speak for others either, but I don't think it's appropriate to either to say people don't want to lose weight/tone for appearances. Had a huge fb status (lol) argument the other day when I was *****ing about girls showing bras and guys showing nip with tiny singlets. Apparently I am a judgemental *****, and that's fine, but appearances are a fabric of our society. If we took everyone at face value then it'd be difficult, wouldn't it? You can meet 100s of people in a day, and if you weren't to subconsciously to categorise them then I think we'd all be a bit stuck. Judging and generalisations are a form of categorising - something which is important, whether or not people like it. Anddddd I know I will be attacked for saying that, so be it.

I have started lifting this past month and love it - love seeing your pics as well. I want that sexy back haha

You are totally missing the point here - you have no idea why I do what I do and I find it rather amusing that you think you do to be honest.

I never said I know why you do what you do. Everyone can/does have specific personal reasons.

Anyway this is totally off topic for the thread now!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I never said I know why you do what you do. Everyone can/does have specific personal reasons.

Then do not make sweeping generalizations like you just did. Simple as that.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Go back to the first quote
    ""You could say, "who cares what men think!" You do! Otherwise, why lose weight at all. Once you reach a weight range that does not present health risks, there is no reason other than vanity and female competition to lose weight "
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Crap..I weigh 188...darn charmer wouldnt like me...i R SO disappointed.

You don't look even near 188!

thank you:flowerforyou:

I credit all the weight SMASHHHHHing.

LOL i shouldnt even be in this topic...you know, being 5'11 and all!
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    because I'm trying to make a baby right now :)

Me too! Well, if its not already done.......
  • Carbcounteronly
    Options
    5'5 (and a half!!) currently 133lbs. Goal is 123 :-).
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Crap..I weigh 188...darn charmer wouldnt like me...i R SO disappointed.

You don't look even near 188!

thank you:flowerforyou:

I credit all the weight SMASHHHHHing.

LOL i shouldnt even be in this topic...you know, being 5'11 and all!

Shhh, neither should I, I'm 5'3...
  • Belinda658
    Belinda658 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I pay alot more attention to inches then the scale
  • GabyG69
    GabyG69 Posts: 213
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" and my goal is to get down to 145-150 with 22% percent body fat. I'm not sure what that would look like on me but I guess I'll make the necessary adjustments once I get there..
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Check out this 140lb fat-*kitten*...
    http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/

Yeah. Think about it.

I'm just under 5'7 and I'd be happy to get to 70kg (154lb). I'm hella curvy - big boobs and hips/butt - and I'd look ridiculous at my "perfect" BMI weight of 62kg.

That is really challenging my whole reason for being here. Unfortunately, I don't have any weights like that here at home. Just some lady's dumbbells. But I think once I reach my goal (125 lb) and do a good cleanse, I will start doing this. I know a lady who is doing deadlifts and bench presses while pregnant, and steadily gaining, so I don't know why I couldn't do it if only I can figure a way to stay reasonably fit during the miserable first trimester. Oh, I should clarify, I probably will get pregnant again after doing that cleanse. In the mean time, I'm trying to do more strength training as well as cardio, but not endless cardio. All I know is, I ran up the stairs at a church with my baby in a sling (so an extra 20 lb) and was not tired or out of breath at the top. That felt really good!
  • shadowkat57
    shadowkat57 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    castelluzzo99, don't wait till your at your goal weight to start strength training - start now! And even if you don't have weights, do bodyweight exercises, like this http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/ - I promise it will challenge you :)
  • SkimFlatWhite68
    SkimFlatWhite68 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    A 5' 6" woman, regardless of "frame", should weigh no more than 130 lbs. There is very little variation of muscle mass in woman unless they are into bodybuilding, and frame size only accounts for a few pounds one way or the other. Any goal over that is a consolation and a cop out.

Agreed! When I see really high goal weights on here, I find it rather puzzling.

LMFAO

<---- 5 6" and 157lb in that pic - sub 20% BF%. Are you saying I am overweight?

You tell 'em Sara!!
  • JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 lbs and have 12 lbs to go to reach my GW.
    Now that Im getting closer to what I thought would be my ideal weight, Im beginning to feel that losing 12 lbs won't be enough.
    I currently wear a size 8, but I hate my thighs and overall I don't feel confident with my appearance.

My original GW is 145, but now Im thinking id like to be in the low 130s.

Im just curious to see what other women at my height are aiming For

I am 5' 5.5" and I would like to get anywhere from 125-170. I am not exactly sure what number yet. I really liked myself when I was 170 but it would be cool if I could get below that and weigh a similar weight as my sisters. I would also like to be able to be pregnant and not become overweight if I gain. So my goal weight is kind of up in the air right now.