5'6 Ladies: what's your goal weight?

I've lost 25 lbs and have 12 lbs to go to reach my GW.
Now that Im getting closer to what I thought would be my ideal weight, Im beginning to feel that losing 12 lbs won't be enough.
I currently wear a size 8, but I hate my thighs and overall I don't feel confident with my appearance.

My original GW is 145, but now Im thinking id like to be in the low 130s.

Im just curious to see what other women at my height are aiming For

Replies

• knitwit0704
    knitwit0704 Posts: 376
    I'm 5'7" and I want to be at 145-140.
  • carolmarie17
    carolmarie17 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi. I'm 5'6 and my goal weight is 115. I'm 127 now and can't fit into the clothes I wore last summer. I'm 47 years old and the older I get, the fatter I feel.
  • JustPeachy044
    JustPeachy044 Posts: 770 Member
    I"m 5'6". Original GW was 150, then moved it to 145. Then to 140. I hit 147 then regained some, now at about 151. BUT I have changed my focus to measurements and muscle. AT my last assessment at the gym, I had gained 2 lbs BUT I had gained 2 lbs of muscle and lost 1 lb of fat from 8 weeks previous. So the scale numbers don't tell all!
  • gabrielle2k
    gabrielle2k Posts: 2 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss thus far. :)

I'm in between 5'6 and 5'7, and my current goal weight is 140. I think I could go lower, but right now 140 is less daunting. Personally, once I reach my goal weight (i've still 27lbs to go yet!) I may reconsider, depending on how comfortable I feel physically - after all, my real goal weight is happy and healthy.

As long as you don't get to carried away, In the 130s sounds totally reasonable to me! Good luck. :)
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    By the sounds of it what you need isn't weight loss it's progressive resistance training. My initial goal was 120lbs which I got to and still felt flabby in places but really enough to get unflabby I'd be underweight by allot. Then I went on a calorie surplus and started strength training. I'm about 10 lbs heavier and a lot firmer, and still in the same clothes. :)

When I was my current weight the first time around I felt plain out chubby. The second time around I look like considerably firmer. For Pics: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/979221-5-lbs-sounds-small-but-works-for-me

A 360 of me now:
    dolphin-boogie-o.gif

There's many great examples of this around this site. Another one of my favorite strength training is slimming reads (also with pics):
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/494091-i-just-don-t-care-anymore
  • First of all - well done!!!

I'm 5'6" and my GW is 133-135 pounds but the weight depends on your bone structure etc. A size 8 is very small so you should be happy with that!

If you are not happy with your thighs, try exercise instead vs losing too much weight. (Kick boxing is a great exercise.)

Good luck!
  • ThinUpGirl
    ThinUpGirl Posts: 397
    I"m 5'6". Original GW was 150, then moved it to 145. Then to 140. I hit 147 then regained some, now at about 151. BUT I have changed my focus to measurements and muscle. AT my last assessment at the gym, I had gained 2 lbs BUT I had gained 2 lbs of muscle and lost 1 lb of fat from 8 weeks previous. So the scale numbers don't tell all!

I wish i had some way of measuring my BF%. I Do classes and jog so i have no way to measure. I have lost inches+ but my thighs and stomach don't have the firmness i desire. According to the bmi. calculator. At 157 lbs Im overweight and won't be " normal " until I lose 3 more lbs.
  • vixxy83
    vixxy83 Posts: 59
    I want to go down to 140 but would be happy at 150 im currently 183 and have lost 26lb altogether since havin my youngest 11 weeks ago but only have start mfp again 2 weeks ago so lost 6lb need to get it down as I had gestational diabetes and doc said its impaired so im on my way to havin full blown diabetes which is not good as Im only 29 but sayin that I do actually want to look good for my 30th at the end of august :laugh:

I don't think I could go lower than 140 as apparently I looked ill wen I was just under that before a few years ago :noway: so I couldn't be a skinny minny
  • SnazzyTraveller
    SnazzyTraveller Posts: 458 Member
    I'm 5'6 and I'm at 165ish right now and aiming to be about 140-145lbs. Can't wait! My lowest in my adult life was 152lbs. It felt......fantastic :)
  • laina728
    laina728 Posts: 3
    I'm aiming for the same as you but like the others have said its about the muscle also so if I'm still flabby by then it'll have to get changed
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    I am 5'6" and started with a goal of 135lbs but as got closer to goal I felt that 135 was too small for my frame. I am happy at 145 to 150lbs. I have been maintaining for two years and focusing on fitness and lowering bf%.
  • ntatbeeq
    ntatbeeq Posts: 150 Member
    i am 27yrs old and 5'6''....my current wt is 136lbs and my GW is 127lbs....
  • JacquiMarie70
    JacquiMarie70 Posts: 62 Member
    I'm 5'5 a little over. I weighed 185 at my heaviest and am now 175, my goal weight is 135. When I was younger i would say my healthy weight was 125, but for my frame...i think that would look too thin for me. I would be happy with 135.
  • EmmaB332
    EmmaB332 Posts: 39 Member
    I agree with what has been said about muscle toning. I suggest adding strength training exercises into your diet/exercise regime now, see how that affects your body and then how you feel once you get to 145. You can always change your mind and aim lower once you get there! Also, if you find that you enjoy something like kickboxing or zumba, hopefully it will be easier to keep doing that after you reach your goal weight so that you can maintain a flab-free figure.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    At 5'6", my goal is 116lbs. I've weighed less and I've weighed a lot more. That weight was easy to maintain when I wasn't into eating my feelings, and I looked good and had plenty of energy.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Vune, that sounds like the perfect goal for you! I'm 5'9", and feel the exact same way at 125. Not bone skinny, but enough to show off the muscles and maintain my sanity without starving.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    I'm between 5'5" and 5'6".

I think my goal weight is going to be around 150. My frame/body type is just not designed to be super slender - I have a large bust and even larger behind, and I'm more than ok with looking a little softer. But, once I get closer to my goal, the number on the scale doesn't matter as much. I'd ideally like to be about 27% BF and about a size 8. Whatever I weigh when I feel good is my goal :happy: .
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    I want to add that one should be happy with themselves and their current shape on the way to their goal, but why not set a goal that is what you truly want to look like. Anyone who says they wouldn't want a firm, toned body that turns heads in a bathing suit is lying to themselves.5'6" 145 is not firm and toned. It's just "good enough" to not look fat in clothes. No offense. Just trying to be honest.

I am 5'6" 145lbs with a body fat % of just over 19% (determined professionally). I wear I size four and rock a bikini. I am firm and toned. This is the most idiotic post I have seen in a while.
  • Vune
    Vune Posts: 673 Member
    Vune, that sounds like the perfect goal for you! I'm 5'9", and feel the exact same way at 125. Not bone skinny, but enough to show off the muscles and maintain my sanity without starving.

Thanks! I've always been more active, even when I was on dialysis, so the hard part is retraining my eating habits. But even when I was 110lbs and the surgeons was checking me over before my transplant surgery, he made it a point to comment on how awesome it was that I kept fit while hooked up to a machine for a year and a half.

We can really be better than we think! Boo to complacency!
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    A 5' 6" woman, regardless of "frame", should weigh no more than 130 lbs. There is very little variation of muscle mass in woman unless they are into bodybuilding, and frame size only accounts for a few pounds one way or the other. Any goal over that is a consolation and a cop out.

Agreed! When I see really high goal weights on here, I find it rather puzzling.

How is 140 or even 145 a high goal weight. It is well with in the healthy range. I know you like to be as close to under weight as possible but some women would rather not to look like that.