5'6 Ladies: what's your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    A 5' 6" woman, regardless of "frame", should weigh no more than 130 lbs. There is very little variation of muscle mass in woman unless they are into bodybuilding, and frame size only accounts for a few pounds one way or the other. Any goal over that is a consolation and a cop out.
    First of all, this is crap. A 5'6" girl can weigh whatever she wants, and if she's happier at a weight higher than 130 that doesn't mean it's a consolation or a copout. I'm sure most of us, like myself, don't care at all about your opinion on how much someone should weigh. Who are you to be so important?

Now that I've said that, I'll answer the OP.
    My goal is 115, I'm 130 now and still have quite a bit that I'd like to lose! But that's just where I'd feel best personally.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Like others have said, don't worry about the scale. I'm around 120 now (5'6.5''), but am squishy. My goal is to add some muscle, and gaining weight (if it's muscle) would be perfectly fine.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    A 5' 6" woman, regardless of "frame", should weigh no more than 130 lbs. There is very little variation of muscle mass in woman unless they are into bodybuilding, and frame size only accounts for a few pounds one way or the other. Any goal over that is a consolation and a cop out.

Agreed! When I see really high goal weights on here, I find it rather puzzling.
    :grumble: :noway: :explode: :angry:
    I think that about sums it up...
  • TattooMom420
    Options
    I am not 5'6 but 5'5 and would like to get down to 125lbs. to see how it looks if not but lose some more.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Great job on the 25 lbs lost so far OP!!!!

For me:
    Height: 5'6
    SW: 165
    CW: 131
    GW: 125

My original GW was 140 (I thought "maybe if I push myself I can get to 135, but probably not....) well then I PASSED 140, PASSED 135, changed GW to 130, and then thought "heck, I CAN do this! I'm going all the way!!!" So now my goal is 125 and continuing to tone up :)
  • gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options

Agreed! When I see really high goal weights on here, I find it rather puzzling.
    :grumble: :noway: :explode: :angry:
    I think that about sums it up...

Seriously, I'd say that view (under 130lbs) is a bit f$#cked up. There are plenty of athletic women not into body building who wouldn't do very well at sub-130. i'm currently136 and will go no lower than 128 as an absolute minimum and I'm only 5'5 3/4". I'm athletic, I lift weight (definitely not a body builder) and play sport. It's healthy and normal for women at 5'6" to be in the 130-150 range and there are plenty of women who would be (and should be) happy at this weight. It's not about being skinny it's about being strong and healthy and able
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    135ish with 15-18% body fat. :)
  • raegan1215
    raegan1215 Posts: 89
    Options
    i'm at 148 right now and aiming for 135.

sure i could get myself down to 120 but ya know what, life is short - i'd rather eat an ice cream cone with my nieces or skip a workout to lay in the park on a beautiful afternoon with my husband and dogs. i want to be strong and fit and healthy and i know that for myself, the only way to get under 135 and more importantly, to maintain that, is to be 110% diligent in my diet and exercise routine and i'm just not interested in that at this particular point in my life. i can do 90% diligence, but not 110%. it's not a cop out as a previous poster called all goals above 130, it's just my personal priorities and values and definition of what's meaningful and how i'm choosing to view myself and spend my time and energy.
  • jojojeanners
    jojojeanners Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    149lbs -- can't wait to get there :)
  • esjayyy31
    esjayyy31 Posts: 16
    Options
    My goal is around 125, but I know it's going to be a while before I get there. I do a lot of strength training along with my cardio and I'd rather be strong and lean than worry about the numbers too much and get flabby :)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    im 5'6
    i started at 225
    im 205 now
    my goal for right now is 190
  • ArishiPooh82
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 177 lbs, goal weight is 165...for now. I may want to lose more in the future.
  • YourLotusFlower11
    YourLotusFlower11 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Im 5"6 and 203lbs atm my nxt goal is 187lbs and ideally id want to go bk to 143lbs but this time i want to build muscle mass rather than just be flabby
  • Megabot
    Megabot Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'6.75"ish and my goal is 145 right now. To get to 140 from that for me is a bit tough. Last time I was at 145 I could wear size 4 pants and rocked 'em pretty hard. I'm certainly athletic in build, but I'm all lean muscle. When I'm at 140 I can pull off a string bikini no prob.

Also anyone that says women should be sub 130 regardless of build, musculature, whatever.... is an *kitten*.
  • Chip436
    Chip436 Posts: 14
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 6, and my goal weight is 120-125 lbs, with quite a bit of muscle definition. I want to get some definition (not too much) in my as, and keep my butt (but have less fat on my thighs). I'm currently at 176, so I have some way to go.
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I've lost 25 lbs and have 12 lbs to go to reach my GW.
    Now that Im getting closer to what I thought would be my ideal weight, Im beginning to feel that losing 12 lbs won't be enough.
    I currently wear a size 8, but I hate my thighs and overall I don't feel confident with my appearance.

My original GW is 145, but now Im thinking id like to be in the low 130s.

Im just curious to see what other women at my height are aiming For

There is a thread here I forget its name--from last week, where a woman is about 141 (I think she said) and she said that she uses a weight-lifting program called Venus. What a HUGE change in her thighs. She had thunder thighs and upper arms when she started and must have gained muscle and lost fat from the weight lifting, because she looked great when she was done.

I'm 5'5.5" and, in the past, 140 was a comfortable and easy to maintain weight (but I was much more athletic in those days). I figure I will try 145-150 first and see where I go from there. :smile: I am lifting weights now and I never did that before. You can carry more weight and still look good and maintain it easier if you lift weights. :smile:
  • Kiaford
    Kiaford Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and my current weight is 178 lbs.
    My goal weight is between 140 to 135 lbs.
  • KatieMacLellan
    Options
    Im 5'6 and my goal weight is 140-145
  • treesha450
    treesha450 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 3/4. My goal weight is 135
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and am at 129 after starting at 147. The pic of me was taken a couple of weeks ago, so that's what I look like at 129.

I was at 120 in college (40 years ago), but that's pretty hard to sustain so I'm not even going to try and get there. I like that I have to be somewhat careful but can still enjoy the occasional empty calories and haven't had to give up my nightly glass of wine.