5'6 Ladies: what's your goal weight?

Replies

• Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    I agree!

with what?!
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    I'm thinking ~125lbs, but it's hard to say at this point.
  • ivyana25
    ivyana25 Posts: 76
    130-135.... I'm 5'6 and I want to be at 135 at my heaviest... So im going to try and get to 130 and stay below 135...
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    NROir0bl.jpg

5'5'' and about 136-137 pounds in this pic. So freaking fat indeed.
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    NROir0bl.jpg

HUGE!! I want to be your kind of fat one day! For realsies!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    NROir0bl.jpg

Not fat, just bulky!
  • chrislynn_marie
    chrislynn_marie Posts: 77 Member
    I'm 5'5" and my goal weight is 135
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

To Sara, I guess the part I kinda agree with is about vanity;

"You could say, "who cares what men think!" You do! Otherwise, why lose weight at all. Once you reach a weight range that does not present health risks, there is no reason other than vanity and female competition to lose weight. "I just feel better about myself" ...bs. "I just like the way my clothes fit"..double bs! It's a similar reason why women are intrinsically attracted to men with muscles; the inate need to be protected, provided for, blah, blah, blah. You think we go to the gym and pump iron for hours and hours to "better ourselves"?"

There is an element for sure of women caring what others think. I am not saying it's a good thing - but it's there for many of us. I like to look good mostly for myself, but of course I like others to think I look good. Society is judgemental, we do not live in a utopia, and appearances do matter. As much as people go on about looks not being important, I won't listen to anyone who preaches on about that until I meet someone who only wears the cheapest clothes, doesn't care about doing their hair/makeup etc and never, ever comments on another person's appearances.

That may be true for you. I do not try to speak for everyone. I lift weights because I love lifting heavy arsed weights.
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,145 MFP Staff
    Thanks to everyone for reporting the inappropriate comments in this otherwise positive topic. I have cleaned up the original posts and many of replies that quoted those posts, in the hopes of getting this conversation back on track.

Thanks!
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Ladies..I have no goal weight...there, I said it.

I have no goal weight either. I have lots of fitness goals, but none of them weight. :flowerforyou:
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Crap..I weigh 188...darn charmer wouldnt like me...i R SO disappointed.

You don't look even near 188!
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member

"You could say, "who cares what men think!" You do! Otherwise, why lose weight at all. Once you reach a weight range that does not present health risks, there is no reason other than vanity and female competition to lose weight. "I just feel better about myself" ...bs. "I just like the way my clothes fit"..double bs! It's a similar reason why women are intrinsically attracted to men with muscles; the inate need to be protected, provided for, blah, blah, blah. You think we go to the gym and pump iron for hours and hours to "better ourselves"?"

There is an element for sure of women caring what others think. I am not saying it's a good thing - but it's there for many of us. I like to look good mostly for myself, but of course I like others to think I look good. Society is judgemental, we do not live in a utopia, and appearances do matter. As much as people go on about looks not being important, I won't listen to anyone who preaches on about that until I meet someone who only wears the cheapest clothes, doesn't care about doing their hair/makeup etc and never, ever comments on another person's appearances.

That may be true for you. I do not try to speak for everyone. I lift weights because I love lifting heavy arsed weights.

I don't try to speak for others either, but I don't think it's appropriate to either to say people don't want to lose weight/tone for appearances. Had a huge fb status (lol) argument the other day when I was *****ing about girls showing bras and guys showing nip with tiny singlets. Apparently I am a judgemental *****, and that's fine, but appearances are a fabric of our society. If we took everyone at face value then it'd be difficult, wouldn't it? You can meet 100s of people in a day, and if you weren't to subconsciously to categorise them then I think we'd all be a bit stuck. Judging and generalisations are a form of categorising - something which is important, whether or not people like it. Anddddd I know I will be attacked for saying that, so be it.

I have started lifting this past month and love it - love seeing your pics as well. I want that sexy back haha
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    NROir0bl.jpg

Not fat, just bulky!

lol are you joking. This is pretty fit to me
  • LuvLav3911
    LuvLav3911 Posts: 1
    I’m 23 years old and currently weigh 191 lbs. After talking to numerous doctors and working with personal trainers a healthy target weight for someone who is 5’6” is anywhere from 120-145 lbs. Just remember that muscle weighs more than fat so it’s not all about the number on the scale. Get your body to where you are happy and confident with it but also be healthy. In high school I weighed 115 lbs but I also didn’t have hips or boobs at the time either so I would be extremely happy with myself if I made it to where you’re at. Keep up the good work!
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    For my frame, 125. When I was 119 one summer, I didn't look healthy, and after 3 kids, I doubt I'll ever get down that far anyway. That, and with all the strength training I'm doing, I figure the muscles will keep me between 125 and 130.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    I agree!

with what?!
    You know...with ALL of it. The universe. Everything!
  • StArBeLLa87
    StArBeLLa87 Posts: 1,582 Member
    Thanks to everyone for reporting the inappropriate comments in this otherwise positive topic. I have cleaned up the original posts and many of replies that quoted those posts, in the hopes of getting this conversation back on track.

Thanks!

Ty so much
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member

Agree!! Please don't assume that the way you feel is the way everyone else feels. I personally work out because in doing so I have been able to completely come off all my heart meds as of last week!!!!!!! I want to maintain my new health and I feel better when I am not drugged up so that is my motivation to work out hard.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    *looks around*

This thread has recently lost some weight. Some useless dead weight. Much improved
  • castelluzzo99
    castelluzzo99 Posts: 313 Member
    For an idea of my bone structure, I can still fit my hand into a narrow mouth mason jar. If my bones were bigger so I couldn't do it, I would need to weigh more. Someone with a smaller bone structure could get away with a bit less.