5'6 Ladies: what's your goal weight?

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    I want to add that one should be happy with themselves and their current shape on the way to their goal, but why not set a goal that is what you truly want to look like. Anyone who says they wouldn't want a firm, toned body that turns heads in a bathing suit is lying to themselves.5'6" 145 is not firm and toned. It's just "good enough" to not look fat in clothes. No offense. Just trying to be honest.

You may be flabby at 145lb, I am not.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    A 5' 6" woman, regardless of "frame", should weigh no more than 130 lbs. There is very little variation of muscle mass in woman unless they are into bodybuilding, and frame size only accounts for a few pounds one way or the other. Any goal over that is a consolation and a cop out.

Agreed! When I see really high goal weights on here, I find it rather puzzling.

LMFAO

<---- 5 6" and 157lb in that pic - sub 20% BF%. Are you saying I am overweight?

In...

...to make sure the collective answer to this question is a resounding "no".

(Yeah, I know, I'm not even supposed to be in this thread...so, pretend like you don't see me. Carry on.)
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    A 5' 6" woman, regardless of "frame", should weigh no more than 130 lbs. There is very little variation of muscle mass in woman unless they are into bodybuilding, and frame size only accounts for a few pounds one way or the other. Any goal over that is a consolation and a cop out.

I am glad you are happy with your accomplishments, but in my opinion you have gone past the amount of weight you should have lost...there is such a thing as losing too much weight.

Why not eat in a surplus and lift some weights? i think it would be amazing on you.
    I don't like comments like these very much either. It's up to each individual to decide where they are happy, telling someone that they weigh too much OR too little really annoys me!

If she wanted to eat in a surplus and lift weights FOR HER, then by all means...but she shouldn't just because someone online thinks she's lost too much!

Actually - she was questioning anyone who didn't want to be as thin as she is, so she pretty much invited the attention.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,688 Member
    F**k. 130! My goal is to look like you Sara!!!!!!!:)
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    5'6" and my goal is set at 150 which is at the high end of the 124-155 lb weight range I was given for height. It may change in the future. I'll have to wait and see.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    cat-fight-lol-o.gif

LOL, except the most vocal person is a man.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Agreed again, schmoony. A skeleton is a skeleton, and has very little variation from one person to another, other than height. There really is no such thing as "big boned." People however do distribute fat around different parts of the body which is why this myth is so widely accepted. The places where you store fat the most is what determines your shape - not your skeleton.

145 would technically put a 5'6" women in the "healthy" weight category, but chances are that woman would not be happy there. Why not go for the whole package?

This is one of the most ridiculous things I have seen on here and I have seen a lot.
  • I am 5"10 and weigh 150 lbs would like to be 145 lbs any tips?
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member

Wow. You are just...ignorant.
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    I love how people get immediately offended by any post that is less than coddling, and conveys any bit if harsh honesty. Of course there are exceptions to any norm, but it is a simple fact that the vast majority if women fall into a caregory wherin they would need to be a certain weight in order to have what us considered a "fit" appearance. By "fit" I mean no cellulite, slight muscular definition, small waist in relation to hips, and an overall lean appearance. For a woman who is 5'6", that occurs in the 125 lb. range. On a deeper psychological level, I understand that the human brain has a much easier time setting goals that are closer to where you are right now. It is very difficult for a woman who is 240 lbs. to envision being 125 lbs. I understand that, but I think men are a little more honest with themselves about there ultimate goals. If you we're to ask a 250 fat guy if he wants to look like Brad Pitt, he would say "hell yeah!" If you ask a 250 pound woman if she wants to look like Giselle, she'll say "that's unrealistic. I don't want to be a stick figure. I just want to be happy." It's a question of human psychology more than physiology.
    I'm not quite sure where to start with this because a lot of it is beyond stupid, but let's start with your definition of fit. I see a lot of women who I would consider fit who are not SI swim suit issue photo ready. Having some cellulite does not mean you are unfit. (Genetics, age, having gained and lost weight, etc all effect cellulite). Fit has to do with functional strength, cardiovascular health, flexibility, not just how you "rock a bikini". Your definition of fit is superficial and subjective. The way you assume you know what the rest of us want is astonishing. Maybe you'd like to spread some of that ego around for the rest of us poor slobs who set our weight goals for higher than 130. That, my dear, is some harsh honesty.
  • Caleysia1
    Caleysia1 Posts: 9 Member

How is 140 or even 145 a high goal weight. It is well with in the healthy range. I know you like to be as close to under weight as possible but some women would rather not to look like that.

i agree there is not set weight that 5'6' people need to be im just over that and i think it is ridiculous to say you should weight no more that 130. what ever you feel that you feel conformable with your self is best.
    set a goal what ever it may be and once you reach that goal look at yourself if you want to change even more set another goal, dont just say i must be this weight because it is the only acceptable weight for a person like me. after all everyone is different
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member

LMFAO

<---- 5 6" and 157lb in that pic - sub 20% BF%. Are you saying I am overweight?

In...

...to make sure the collective answer to this question is a resounding "no".

(Yeah, I know, I'm not even supposed to be in this thread...so, pretend like you don't see me. Carry on.)

NOW BACK TO MY POST I PUT ON PAGE ONE! If you can manage to get an adult amount of calories (~2000 for a women) and maintain a low weight I have no problem with you. But if you get there and you're unhappy (like I was) because you still feel like you have flab, I highly recommend strength training. As you can see by Sara's profile pics, you can get pretty freakin' firm. You'd have to work hard for a long time to get where Sara is, but I guarantee you in the span of about a month if you put effort into it you'll start to see things on your body literally move up in the world. I don't know anyone who gave heavy lifting a half decent amount of time come out not feeling like there are results.

P.S. If you start throwing around myths like lifting makes you bulky I'll hit you. You can't get larger on a calorie deficit, you only shrink and lose fat, what most people are trying to lose.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member

I am glad you are happy with your accomplishments, but in my opinion you have gone past the amount of weight you should have lost...there is such a thing as losing too much weight.

Why not eat in a surplus and lift some weights? i think it would be amazing on you.
    I don't like comments like these very much either. It's up to each individual to decide where they are happy, telling someone that they weigh too much OR too little really annoys me!

If she wanted to eat in a surplus and lift weights FOR HER, then by all means...but she shouldn't just because someone online thinks she's lost too much!

Actually - she was questioning anyone who didn't want to be as thin as she is, so she pretty much invited the attention.

Thank you!

She pretty much agreed wanting to weigh more than 130 is a cop out..

and I happen to think she is in an unhealthy weight range, which could lead to future health problems,
    Okay, well we aren't in middle school anymore. Just because she did it first doesn't make it any better.
    You also don't know anything about her health, it's honestly none of your concern.

I'm not defending her comment (completely the opposite actually) but body policing of any kind really bothers me.

I apologize if this offended you.

It was in no way intended to come off as middle school...I am concerned for many women that take things too far, and if I saying so bothers you i get it, but i will still try to help people.

I think telling people they should have goals so low (i believe she is 5' 9" and 125 or something) is not responsible and could be damaging especially to the younger women on this site.
    I understand where you are coming from, and I didn't agree with her comment at all! But ultimately we all need to decide where we feel best personally and unless someone is specifically asking for opinions on their body, I'm not a fan of giving them. You can't judge someone's health by their weight, you can be underweight and healthy or overweight and healthy (not everyone can, but there are certainly people out there that are). Hopefully that makes sense!
  • Sarauk2sf
    I love how people get immediately offended by any post that is less than coddling, and conveys any bit if harsh honesty. Of course there are exceptions to any norm, but it is a simple fact that the vast majority if women fall into a caregory wherin they would need to be a certain weight in order to have what us considered a "fit" appearance. By "fit" I mean no cellulite, slight muscular definition, small waist in relation to hips, and an overall lean appearance. For a woman who is 5'6", that occurs in the 125 lb. range. On a deeper psychological level, I understand that the human brain has a much easier time setting goals that are closer to where you are right now. It is very difficult for a woman who is 240 lbs. to envision being 125 lbs. I understand that, but I think men are a little more honest with themselves about there ultimate goals. If you we're to ask a 250 fat guy if he wants to look like Brad Pitt, he would say "hell yeah!" If you ask a 250 pound woman if she wants to look like Giselle, she'll say "that's unrealistic. I don't want to be a stick figure. I just want to be happy." It's a question of human psychology more than physiology.

Give it up bro! You have made some really ridiculous posts...step away from the keyboard.
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    My goal weight was 145 but my doctor said I would still be overweight and need to aim for 125 not more than 130. I haven't weighed that much since I was 15...........:huh:
  • Sarauk2sf
    F**k. 130! My goal is to look like you Sara!!!!!!!:)

:flowerforyou:
  • My goal is 135 pounds.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member

Both of you are proof that natural selection is failing us.
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member

Both of you are proof that natural selection is failing us.

:flowerforyou:
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Ladies..I have no goal weight...there, I said it.

For those of you who might be interested WHY....i direct you to this thread.

It may help some of you focus on other goals besides the scale...i personally find the scale a dirty, lying...

well anyway,

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/979178-halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky

Concrete girl quoted me around halfway down the page...I am the post that starts with SQUAT, BEEP.

Guess how much I weigh at 5' 11.:smile: