5'6 Ladies: what's your goal weight?

Replies

• YourLotusFlower11
    YourLotusFlower11 Posts: 90 Member
    A 5' 6" woman, regardless of "frame", should weigh no more than 130 lbs. There is very little variation of muscle mass in woman unless they are into bodybuilding, and frame size only accounts for a few pounds one way or the other. Any goal over that is a consolation and a cop out.

That is absolute rubbish I went as low as 136lbs and I look really slim at that size for some ppl inc me 130 is just excessive. In my opinion ppl should work towards the weight they feel comfortable in, you have no right to say that unless u get to 130lbs ur a cop out. We are striving for better health and fitness more than anything else after a certain point the numbers on the scale are just that NUMBERS!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    <--- I'm 5'7" and have been on maintenance at my goal for 2 years. I am 130 pounds and have a small frame.
  • TheDarlingOne
    TheDarlingOne Posts: 255 Member
    Whatever fitness model (and former WWE wrestling diva) weighs. That right there about as close as you can get (in my opinion) to walking perfection. lol.
    Last count I had she's 135-145 but it's a really lean/muscular look - beautiful!
    If i ever hit goal, I'd go blonde too - just saying. lol
  • dpollet2
    dpollet2 Posts: 68 Member
    Wrong again. My husband is 6'3" and his "healthy" weight is supposedly around 180. Let me tell you about big bones! There is no way he could ever get down to that weight without looking sick, and he knows it. He will never look like Brad Pitt, and he knows it, and ya know, he's good with that.

I wonder, how old you are?
  • michellewong699
    michellewong699 Posts: 98 Member
    I am 5'6" and 19 years old. I am currently 128 lb. When I started, I was 133 lb.

My goal weight is 120 lb. I used to be at that weight, but it was because I did not eat and later on developed an eating disorder. I want to see if I can get there the right way instead. However, I'm very satisfied with my body. For the first time, I am building muscle! We shall see if I even need to push myself to that weight. Finally, the scale is starting to not matter to me >.<
  • xtasa25
    xtasa25 Posts: 12
    I'm 5'6 and have been since freshman year of high school. In high school I was always around 125-130. Currently I weigh about 149 lbs and as much as I would love to be 125 again, I'm probably shooting for 130-135.

Also, I didn't read what you guys are arguing about or whatever, but I remember a few years ago when I went to the doctor- when I weighed 136 lbs, the doctor told me I was slightly overweight for my height and that I should be around 125-130 to be in a healthier range. That was when I was 16 or 17 years old. Regardless, I don't know if what he was saying is actually true or not and in what context he meant it in, but even at 136 I looked and felt healthy.

Do what makes you feel good, but set realistic goals. I wish everyone luck!
  • rachelleigh4988
    rachelleigh4988 Posts: 42 Member
    Glad to hear from some more 5'6" ladies!

My goal weight is 115lbs. I'm currently at 127. (I'm down 3 lbs from when I started.) However, I think it's important to take your frame size into consideration when picking a goal weight. For example, I have a very small frame, so 115 will not look grossly skinny on me. For some women, 130 may look better. I think that there is no one ideal weight for all of us 5'6"ers.

Good luck on your weight loss journey, everyone! I hope we all are able to reach our goal weight!
  • wassergottin
    wassergottin Posts: 154 Member
    At 5'6", my goal is 116lbs. I've weighed less and I've weighed a lot more. That weight was easy to maintain when I wasn't into eating my feelings, and I looked good and had plenty of energy.

We have almost the same goals!

I'm 5'6" and my goal is 115 lbs. I don't want to weigh more than 125, and I'm currently at 132. Blech.
  • Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Goal is 18% body fat.... not sure what the weight
  • rachelleigh4988
    rachelleigh4988 Posts: 42 Member
    Check this out to calculate body fat. Just take a few measurements and there you go!

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/
  • wease1204
    wease1204 Posts: 31 Member
    I'm 136.5 lb currently and am aiming to be between 127 and 132, Although I don't mind if I stay at this weight as I fit into all my old clothes again and feel pretty ok in them. I'm 5'6.5 and fit into Australian sizes 8-10 (4-6 us I think)
  • jfauci
    jfauci Posts: 531 Member
    I'm 5'7" and CW is 133. Goal is 125-130.
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    A 5' 6" woman, regardless of "frame", should weigh no more than 130 lbs. There is very little variation of muscle mass in woman unless they are into bodybuilding, and frame size only accounts for a few pounds one way or the other. Any goal over that is a consolation and a cop out.

This is BS. I am 5'5'' and weigh over a little over 130. I look fine in a bikini, and I looked fine in a bikini 10 pounds ago too. I know women my height and heavier than me, who look amazing in bikini's. No flab whatsoever.
  • hfox9707
    hfox9707 Posts: 74 Member
    Do more squats, lunges and dead lifts using weights.
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Wow I'm 5'6'' and my ultimate goal weight is 160...Now I am thinking I need to reassess my goal...
    I was told my lean body mass (done professionally) is 137lbs. Therefore I need to be, well, we all need SOME body fat, so I need to be significantly higher than 137. Maybe 150????

I am currently 180 and my starting weight was 232. Hmmm. I don't ever remember being less than 160. Damn. I can't imagine going lower but we shall see once I get there I suppose.
  • kyuumichi
    kyuumichi Posts: 7 Member
    It's interesting to see goal weights under 120 lbs. I weighed 112 at some point in time due to stress, and I thought I looked pretty underweight. Before I started counting calories and working out, I weighed 118 pounds. However, at that weight I felt flabby. I have gained 2 lbs since then and weigh 120 lbs now, however my body looks a heck of a lot better than it did at 118. So as for a set goal, I'm not sure. I'm going more by measurements than weight. I'm pretty content right now, but maybe losing 1 or 2 pounds would put me at my ideal figure.
  • Sunnyjb
    Sunnyjb Posts: 220
    Check this out to calculate body fat. Just take a few measurements and there you go!

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/body-fat-calculator/

I know my BF ;) I don't know how much I want to weigh, just know the BF.
  • dpollet2
    dpollet2 Posts: 68 Member
    I didn't realize that the person commenting about women in bikinis was a man. No wonder he thinks that's all women want from weight loss! Nope, I don't really care if I turn some strange guy's head at the beach, and I'm being perfectly honest with myself. In fact, it kind of creeps me out.
  • ashteal91
    ashteal91 Posts: 7
    I'm 177cm which I think is around 5f7or8 and my goal weight is 59kg which I think is 130 pounds..

I have been that weight before, but gained 10kg after having my son last year.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member

Agreed! When I see really high goal weights on here, I find it rather puzzling.

LMFAO

<---- 5 6" and 157lb in that pic - sub 20% BF%. Are you saying I am overweight?