5 things you have cut out!

Options

Replies

• herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Nothing in particular...BUT I have stopped eating any food that I find I don't thoroughly enjoy--for example, if the "old me" went to a restaurant or a party and had an item she didn't particularly like (a pie that was too sweet or tart; some BBQ that wasn't quite up to par, cold french fries) she used to continue eating it until she finished the item. Now if "New Me" gets an item I don't find delicious, I STOP EATING IMMEDIATELY and either send it back or trash it. I don't want to waste a single calorie on sub-par food or snacks.

This. Before I'd feel guilty for not eating it. Now, if it's not good, I don't bother with it.
  • watfordjc
    watfordjc Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Nothing completely, however I have not eaten the following in the last 6 months:

* Doughnuts
    * Waffles
    * Quiche
    * Pasta
    * Bacon

Not that I was eating any of them that often before. I also haven't eaten honey, cereal, cake, satsumas, porridge, and many other things in the last 6 months.

ETA: I would have mentioned cookies but I had some a couple of weeks ago (and had to phone up Sainsbury's Customer Careline to get the nutritional information after eating them). Those cookies from the in-store bakery combined with 3 meals where I estimated the calories, plus a blue raspberry slushie also means I haven't cut out foods I don't know the calorie values for (although I have cut down on the frequency, and the local Chinese and Indian haven't had my business because they don't list nutritional info).
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    1. Fast food
    2. Soda
    3. Candy
    4. Chips
    5. Waffles
  • WalkingFlower
    WalkingFlower Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    nothing ;)
  • Ainar
    Ainar Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    I have not cut out anything. I still ate ice cream and candies, fries, etc. once in a while. Only now I ate them in smaller portions, like 20% of my all meals, and most of my food is lean and healthy. When before most of my food was crap and only 20% was healthy.

You just need to count calories, that's all. For ex. if you are eating 1700 cals a day to lose weight and ate small ice cream, what is like 300 cals, now you have left 1400. If you do not go over that you will still lose weight, it' simple. :)
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I dont really have to cut anything out for weight loss per se.. more so for my health in general but fast food bc it messes with my stomach and eggs bc my cholesterol is too high and whenever I eat eggs I always go over daily cholesterol goals. I dont really mind giving up eating eggs though because the thought of eating them right now makes me want to gag lol.
  • nonoark
    nonoark Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    1) fast food
    2)cup of soups (yea, I know gross, but addicting)
    3) soda (not hard as I was an occational drinker)
    4)most boxed items (pancake mix is a big one)
    5) hot dogs
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    1. Nothing.
    2. Nothing.
    3. Nothing.
    4. Nothing.
    5. Nothing.
  • katellanova
    katellanova Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Aside from soda, nothing.
  • bgardiner49
    bgardiner49 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    For the first two months I cut out processed sugars - cakes, biscuits, fizzy drinks etc - because these were the things I tended to eat far too much of, and for me it was easier to cut them out completely than eat them in moderation initially. I felt I had to break a habit. I now eat these things again, but much less frequently and in smaller portions than before. This worked for me!
  • savoiaS1
    savoiaS1 Posts: 129
    Options
    You dont have to cut out anything as long as youre meeting your set macros for weightloss/Gain depending on your goals. I will say that during a weightloss phase it would be wise to cut out unhealthy calorie dense foods for the simple fact that you will not be as satisfied hunger wise due to the impact of the calorie hit you will take. And of course from the standpoint that unhealthy foods are well...unhealthy and we are all trying to be healthier right?
  • wewillsee53
    Options
    depends on the day :D
  • dtimedwards
    dtimedwards Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Soda
    Keeping milk on-hand... it's like heroin for me
    Cereal... can't trust myself with milk, and it tastes like *kitten* with"fake" milk
    Cream+Sugar in coffee... though I still get mochas a couple times a week
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    raisin bread toast
    mint chocolate chip ice cream
    McDonald's
    berry crepes with whipped cream
    Bailey's Irish cream
  • TJMiddaugh
    TJMiddaugh Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    wheat grain
    soda
    fried foods
    (most) dairy
    cane sugar
  • jbeasley8292
    Options
    I have to cut out going to bakeries.
    going to Whole Foods because I like their bakery.
    all baked goods because I can't control my portions
  • nannukka
    nannukka Posts: 52
    Options
    Nothing. For me it is the same than some other people before said - if I want it and love it and it fits in my daily/weekly calorie numbers - i will eat it. But yes, I also have stopped to think "Is it worth it? Do I really want it?" before I put it in my mouth, since everything that goes in has to be logged. If answer is "YES", I will eat it and enjoy it. :happy: This system has made me be more mindful eater (I"m doing TDEE-15%). I still get my sweet stuff (because I so choose and because it makes me happy and happy is good, but not ridiculous amounts), but I also try to make sure that I get my protein and other good stuff in. Work in progress. If I am going to do this rest of my life, I better not have ANY foods that are absolute "NO, NOs". Some just might not be worth it......
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I haven't really cut anything out. I just have to be more careful and ask myself if its worth the calories now. Like before french fries were norm but now I gotta ask myself if I can make room for me. Before cheesecake was atleast once a week but now its rare because the taste isn't worth the calories for me. I do still enjoy ice cream daily because its something I can eat in small portions and I can put aside couple of hundred calories daily for junk food
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    1. meat

2. reduced the amount of simple carbs

3. fast food except on occasion like once every 3 mos

4. crackers because I can eat a box in one sitting

5. most convenience foods, replacing them with less process foods.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

I have reduced certain things like pasta and breads because in a calorie restricted period I want to assure I am focusing on nutrient variety.

I've actually increased my chocolate, yogurt and ice cream consumption. Chocolate is a mental treat and yogurt/ice cream just mixes well with my protein powder. I just make sure that the quantities fit the purpose.

This morning I had 2 pats of butter. 2.

Meet your calorie goals.
    Meet your protein and fat goals.
    Eat a variety of food with a focus on fresh and local food.
    Have fun and don't make it impossible.
    Exercise for fitness and fun.