5 things you have cut out!

Options

Replies

• Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    -Soda
    -Fried foods (not completely, just cut down)
    -Juice
    -Slim Jims
    -Alcohol (because I have no choice for the next 6 months :sad: )
  • Zaefira
    Zaefira Posts: 13
    Options
    I like this idea. I can't say that I'd want to cut it out forever - more like break the addiction and get to the point where I'M choosing what and how much, rather than my brain overloading me with chemicals of desire!

But definitely cut these out:

- Mcdonalds
    - Pizza
    - Biscuits (I just eat them... because. I don't really enjoy biscuits but I eat whole packs :S)
    - Chinese takeaway
    - KFC

I know it's mainly fast food but my family order fast food 4-5 times a week and even as I eat it I know I'm just shoveling crap. Time to change this.
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    My daily starbucks.. But that was more because of money than anything else..
    Apart from that, nothing :)
  • Lambchoplollypop
    Options
    - milk & white chocolate (unless a little bit is in one of my Graze boxes)
    - biscuits
    - shop bought cake (I've cut down the baking too, but enjoy it much more when I do)

Those three I've cut, purely because they are the only things left which I still crave to binge on; it's a vast improvement, so I'm proud :)

Other than that, for my health:

- all fizzy drinks
    - substitutes such as low cal spray and sugar free stuff full of sweetener, having learnt (from previous diet experience), that I'd rather use small amounts of olive oil and eat smaller portions of sweet treats, that I really enjoy, rather than their rubbish alternatives!
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I dont need to cut out anything I never drink any kind of soda drinks bloody stuff should be banned especially the diet ones total rubbish!If I want a slice of chocolate cake I will eat it as I will an ice cream but I dont live on them either!I dont do the fast food thing!I just eat too much good stuff anyway!!!!lol I cycle about 11 miles 4 days a week and when I dont do that its a 7k walk,so sit back and enjoy, eat good food and not too much crap and get out under the air and move what you can!!!!:wink:
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    Gluten.

Because I am coeliac. and it makes me ill, to the point where I vomit all over the place. Asides from that, I have severely cut out my salad consumption ever since I realised that eating leaves is detrimental to those who are not giraffes or similar animals.
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Initially, my only weight loss strategy was cutting out soda, sweet tea (I drank 2 qts - a gallon a day) and fast food.

Then I cut out artificial sweeteners, except stevia.

Im also trying to cut out late night eating.
  • chocochip1867
    Options
    1. Mayonnaise
    2. Any kind of pop/soda
    3. Pasta (except for the very rare occasion...like this week)
    4. Sugar in tea/coffee
    5. Regular milk
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    Nothing, I rarely drank soda before but I did drink juices, now I still have juice sometimes but drink at least 10 glasses of water a day. I guess I have cut back on pork and beef not intentionally though just a product of where I am currently living. :-( fresh meat comes in sporadically so I am living on frozen chicken, fish, shrimp.
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Nothing.
  • broscientist
    broscientist Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    1. Breakfast
    2. Lunch

That is about it.
  • ttiiggzz
    ttiiggzz Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I've severely cut back on processed sugar, but I can't say I've cut it out of my diet completely. We went to Red Lobster last week and I split my dessert three ways... with the other two eating the most. :)
  • 5ftnFun
    5ftnFun Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! I just realise there are more people who said nothing!!! Thats inspiring too, in that case please share how do you guys still lose weight after eating all u like!

I have been maintaining (30 yrs). You become aware of how many calories or the amt of food you can eat & keep the weight down.
    Yesterday was my husband's birthday, so we had quite the barbecue feast for lunch. I was not that hungry by supper time, so I just had some ice cream cake. I was not deprived, not overly full, and content. I do not eat like that every day mind you, but it works. The other "trick" I use is to never let my weight creep up more than 5 lbs. If I see the scale creeping, I stop it.

Everyone has their way, so if eliminating certain things helps keep you on track, I find no fault with that. To each his own.
  • tigsi
    tigsi Posts: 36
    Options
    The only thing that I cut out is soda and sugary juices. But I made a lot of changes in my diet. I don't reach for chocolate sweets (mars bars, wafers ect.), but I still enjoy dark and milk chocolate once in a while, I'm guilty. Chips, crisps and other savory snacks do not appeal to me anymore so that's almost out (sometimes I'd have crazy cravings so I'd enjoy a couple puffed corn snacks , but that does not happen often). I try not to eat fast food, it may happen once or twice a month, but whatever...
    Veggies and home cooked meals are the best. Oh and I cut down white bread.
    Soooo what's what I did, hope It helps someone, It looks like it's helping me :).
  • sandieh04
    sandieh04 Posts: 16
    Options
    Nothing yet.... just eat everything in moderation and within my calorie goal....working so far :) Just keep the bad stuff to a minimum as a treat....
  • bkesecker
    bkesecker Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Just two for me.

1. Diet soda
    2. Splenda and other artificial sweeteners

Everything else in moderation.
  • tyrantduck
    tyrantduck Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    absolutely nothing. i've just learned portion control and things have probably phased themselves out of my life after I didn't find them to be tasty anymore. i still eat what I like, but not all that I like, and it's saved my sanity while trying to lose weight, knowing that I can still have the foods I love and not have to cut them out of my life.
  • C12254
    C12254 Posts: 198
    Options
    nothing. I dont deprive myself. ive added 5 things though:
    1) water
    2) more fruits
    3) veggies
    4) leaner meats
    5) home cooking more often. processed food less
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options