5 things you have cut out!

Options

Replies

• claudie1981
    claudie1981 Posts: 32
    Options
    I agree with alot of people here, i dont restrict any foods in particular, but i dont waste calories on stuff im not going to enjoy, like for instance everyone is eating burgers i can either say yes ill have a burger and fries and milkshake, or i can say no i really just want fries and those fries better be worth the calories else i dont eat them. As long as i stay under my calories.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Hot dogs
    pizza
    Chinese food
    alcohol
    cookies

None fit my macros well especially hot dogs, it's like a link of pure fat lol.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    StrongAndHealthyMommy Posts: 1,255 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

Yay, I'm not alone. I was thinking I might be the only person to say nothing. :laugh:

May I be part of you team guys? I haven't cut out anything either.... and I wont
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I have to limit certain foods because of food intolerances, and I am insulin resistant, but I don't believe anyone has to totally remove anything from their diet so long as they are not dealing with any sort of medical issues/allergies.

I've added a number of things to my diet that I wasn't eating, or wasn't eating very often:

1. Avocados: I thought they were too high in fat, LOL
    2. Eggs: I thought the cholesterol would kill me and had decided I didn't really like them anyway. I do.
    3. Mayonnaise: This one is strange--I'd only ever had store bought mayo and I absolutely hated it. Still do. But I learned to make my own with light olive oil, eggs, and lemon juice and oh my, I LOVE IT!
    4. Wild Salmon: Thought I hated it, but got over that and now I love it.
    5. Dark chocolate: I have a little square or two of this when I'm feeling like I want a dessert or some sort of sweet treat. I didn't care about dark chocolate before, really.
    6. Butter: Again, thought it was too high in fat/calories. It's not, and it is a crime to go without actual butter.
    7. I eat MORE meat.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    Wow!!! I just realise there are more people who said nothing!!! Thats inspiring too, in that case please share how do you guys still lose weight after eating all u like!

small portions.... instead of deep fry the French fries I bake them.... I don't like white bread, pizza, nuggets, brats, hot dogs.... usually greasy food get my stomach upset.... I don't like ranch anymore..... also, I don't like sodas neither juices (unless they are naked)... (Yeah I know, Im a picky eater)... instead of having a giant dessert by myself at midnight, I have a little piece during the day.... I still having coffee everyday, but instead of have 4 tbsp., I have it with 2....
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    1. Nothing
    2. Nothing
    3. Nothing
    4. Nothing
    5. Nothing

I have however cut out a lot of broscience advice about cutting foods out of my diet.
  • StrongAndHealthyMommy
    Options
    I so love that the people who have replied that they haven't cut out anything are the ones who've lost the most weight . They are the true inspirations! :)

and also the people that doesn't cut out keep their weight because we are learning how to eat whatever we want, but with moderation... if you love pizza and you cut it out... when you get to your goal weight you will gain t al back because you are going to be eating pizza like crazy.....

also people that cut out find this journey very hard, and usually give up
  • lhourin
    lhourin Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Mine are for health, not weight-loss, but here are 5:

Pasta
    Bread
    Sweetened yogurt (only plain Greek yogurt now)
    White rice
    Low or non-fat dairy products (only full-fat options)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    1. nothing
    2. nada
    3. nuttin'
    4. zilch
    5. not a single thing
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! I just realise there are more people who said nothing!!! Thats inspiring too, in that case please share how do you guys still lose weight after eating all u like!

Losing weight is about creating a calorie deficit, not a taste deficit. As long as you are eating less than your TDEE and meeting your macro goals for health purposes, what you eat does not matter one bit. I used to think that it did. I used to be a broscience lovin' carb-a-phobe who thought about going vegetarian. But, I realized that I was wrong, that the laws of thermodynamics don't change when we eat burgers versus salads. We just have to watch calories.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

I tend to have one treat a day and then fit my macros around it. Most days it is a cake, but in the past week I have had deep fried chips and KFC (see profile pic).

I still get a decent amount of fruit and veg most days as well.

It is possibly easier for me because my cal goal is 2500 a day. But, you can still eat whatever you want as long as you are aware of portion size.

What can happen if you exclude things is you have a 'do or die' mentality. You either eat incredibly healthier or give in (which will happen) and eat something on your banned list and give up completely or let it set you back for a long period.
  • ricrak
    ricrak Posts: 1
    Options
    5 things i want to cut out

the second helping
    taking the plate with the largest portion
    skipping doing something to relax on the sofa
    finding excuses why i cant workout
    dislike of myself

i will learn to eat anything i want but in small amounts i hope want this to become a way of life not diet that makes me more unhappy than i am already
  • ereinik
    ereinik Posts: 73
    Options
    Gluten (although due to an intolerance)
    Soy (intolerance)
    Soda and juice
    White potatoes
    White rice
    Cow's milk
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Potato chips (used to eat some every day at lunch) and hot chocolate (we have a free machine at work). Avoiding processed foods as much as possible. Cutting back on pastries, chocolate, and alcohol, but not completely eliminating these.
  • mlfrailing
    mlfrailing Posts: 79
    Options
    1. Pasta
    2. Oatmeal
    3. Rice
    4. Tortillas
    5. Milk

I am learning to adapt to life without most Italian, Mexican or Chinese food
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    This thread makes me kind of sad.

I do an 80/20 approach most days. 80% healthy food, 20% treats. I try to hit my protein goal, which is set higher than the MFP default.

The only thing I've cut are things that I don't personally feel are worth the calories. For example, I used to eat those Walmart frosted cookies if I saw them in the break room or at a party. Now I know how many calories they are and that I won't enjoy them, so I don't eat them. But I do eat plenty of homemade cookies, I just log the calories.
  • shaunap3
    shaunap3 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    1. cow milk
    2. sugary juices
    3. kettle chips...because I had to stop kidding myself, they are still chips.
    4. ice cream (only on special occasions every couple of months)
    5. pasta

[I want to clarify, I cut these out but I don't actually miss them very often. The health benefits far outweigh the desire to consume these things. And I've found equally yummy alternatives]
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in deprevation. I only have one life.. it's ok to cut back on the things we have a problem with I'm never going without 100% of anything I love. I already have to watch out for crustaceans because I get sick and I'll still take the smallest nibble because it's my favourite thing. Not going without lifes pleasures.
  • wmstormvet
    wmstormvet Posts: 145
    Options
    I also haven't cut out anything entirely! I know that I can't live permanently like that. I have had whatever I wanted but in moderation!! I have a few bites of something if I want to and then have the self control to step away!!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I haven't cut out anything completely.