What do you typically eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• badjuju775
    badjuju775 Posts: 47
    Options
    I try to keep breakfast under 200 calories. I usually choose from on of the following depending on how much time I have in the morning: Fiber One bars, Instant Oatmeal, Instant Grits, Egg Beaters, Vita Tops or Sliced Ham

I think it's best to keep breakfast small, because you never know what the rest of the day has in store for you as far as what you'll be eating.

I use to NEVER eat breakfast, but learned quickly that I couldn't lose weight unless I did eat breakfast, even if it is something small.

Good Luck!!!!
  • bevtyndall
    bevtyndall Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    bump
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I try to switch my breakfasts up, but I tend to go back and forth between a two egg omelette with spinach, onion, tomato, bell pepper and light swiss cheese, or 2 slices of turkey bacon with some fruit (I recently added a Dr. Praeger's spinach pancake to that breakfast), or steel cut oatmeal with fruit.
  • MrsPeek
    MrsPeek Posts: 12
    Options
    2 whole eggs, scrambled with water and salsa
  • buffcleb
    buffcleb Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    99% of the time I eat one server (half cut) of oat meal and two table spoons of ground flax seed (ground in a coffee grinder)... today I cheated a bit as there were muffins in the house... grilled one up without butter... but thats a treat for me... not a regular thing...
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    The breakfast of champions:

Cold pizza and warm beer.
  • Annette_rose
    Annette_rose Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I have to eat breakfast. This morning is a Glucerna Hunger Smart shake and a Dannon Light and Fit Greek 2x protein yogurt. I really like these Glucerna Hunger Smart shakes. It says they are for people with diabetes and I don't have diabetes but they are good :smile:
  • greggoll
    greggoll Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Im no expert, but i believe breakfast is important. Make sure u drink some water before you eat, jump starts the metab....i like egg beater omelettes with fat free cheese, onions and 1.5oz ham for around 170 cal. Add a couple pieces of 80cal wheat bread, or 100g of low GI fruit like strawberrys for around 35 cal....dont like most box cereal cuz its processed with added sugar. They also have 50 cal wheat tortillias you can make breakfast burittos with...
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Either a whole wheat English muffin with peanut butter and chocolate chips, or an apple with peanut butter. Occasionally if I don't feel like eating I will have a Larabar (apple pie flavor) because they are AWESOME. I feel better when I have breakfast.. and I MUST have protein or I will typically overdo it on the carbs later in the day.
  • angelh1908
    angelh1908 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I discovered my new favorite breakfast this morning. Thomas multi grain English muffin toasted with reduced fat crunchy peanut butter, topped with sliced bananas and drizzled with honey. Yum!

Yes for this! You just gave me my newest breakfast option! :flowerforyou:
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    My go-to's are greek yogurt, toast with peanut butter and oatmeal (the "Better Oats" kind with flax seed).

If I have time (on weekends) I do toast and eggs a lot...poached (runny yolks) with toast to dip. Nom Nom
  • justal313
    justal313 Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    The breakfast of champions:

Cold pizza and warm beer.

I will sometime reheat a slice of pizza in a non-stick pan and then cook a sunny side up egg on top of it. Probably why I like bacon on my pizza, for the breakfast leftovers.

But beer for breakfast? Better be a guiness :drinker:
  • bmpickles
    bmpickles Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I struggle in the area of breakfast. I can easily skip it without noticing, but if I do eat it I gravitate towards fatty, high carb, or sugary foods. I have been eating oatmeal for the past few days, but its going to get boring and then I will end up making some bad choices. I need to find a go-to breakfast that is going to keep me full, without filling me full of sugar and such, and that it...interesting and appealing :) Please help me out.

If you gravitate towards high carb and sugary foods for breakfast, try this. I make these once a week, and freeze them. I grab and go, pop one in the microwave for about 30 seconds (until it's warm enough) and drizzle with about 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup. They are baked oatmeal, in individual muffin cups. I use the large cups, the tin with only six muffin cups. If you use the smaller, standard size, just eat two.

Mash 2 small bananas in a large bowl. add 1 large egg and 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup (or honey, or agave nectar). Add 2 1/2 cups of old fashioned, rolled oats & 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed, and mix well. Add 1 1/2 cup milk of your choice (skim, almond - I use almond milk).

Spray your muffin tins with non-stick spray. Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin tins. Bake at 350 until they are firm. With the almond milk and maple syrup, they are 230 calories for one large one or two small ones. Be sure to add the extra calories if you drizzle with any additional syrup or honey.

This is very satisfying. You can top them with stuff, if you like, such as nuts, raisins, fruit, etc before you bake them.

I hope this helps.
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    I usually make myself a breakfast shake or if I am sick of those, I will have a piece of toast with an egg, cheese, and bacon or ham on top.

Sometimes I will also have a serving of breakfast cereal and use protein powder / peanut butter in my milk. Pretty high in sugar but one of my favs is a serving of cocoa pebbles, and then I take 4 oz of almond milk, scoop of chocolate protein powder, 1 tbs of peanut butter or 1 tbs of pb2 (depending on what I have planned for the rest of the day fat/calorie wise) and put that over the cocoa pebbles. It is like dessert for breakfast :)
  • cals83
    cals83 Posts: 131
    Options
    If you gravitate towards high carb and sugary foods for breakfast, try this. I make these once a week, and freeze them. I grab and go, pop one in the microwave for about 30 seconds (until it's warm enough) and drizzle with about 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup. They are baked oatmeal, in individual muffin cups. I use the large cups, the tin with only six muffin cups. If you use the smaller, standard size, just eat two.

Mash 2 small bananas in a large bowl. add 1 large egg and 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup (or honey, or agave nectar). Add 2 1/2 cups of old fashioned, rolled oats & 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed, and mix well. Add 1 1/2 cup milk of your choice (skim, almond - I use almond milk).

Spray your muffin tins with non-stick spray. Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin tins. Bake at 350 until they are firm. With the almond milk and maple syrup, they are 230 calories for one large one or two small ones. Be sure to add the extra calories if you drizzle with any additional syrup or honey.

This is very satisfying. You can top them with stuff, if you like, such as nuts, raisins, fruit, etc before you bake them.

I hope this helps.

This sounds really good. Do you cook the oats first? Would quick cooking oats work? It sounds like a healthy oatmeal cookie.
  • Yella0606
    Yella0606 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    2 turkey sausage links with 2 or 3 fruits combined for a different fruit salad every day. I drink 2 cups of water before I get to work as well. :heart: 200 - 260 calories a day:heart:

Examples:
    Strawberries & pineapple
    (my fav) grapefruit, pears, and strawberries for color
    Blueberries, raspberries, & pineapple

If you are on the go you can eat the sausage links in the car. (Like I do most of the time) and then when I get to the office I eat my fruit salad. I have just started trying to eat healthier so I am really not a pro, but it has been working for me.

I used to eat a sausage McMuffin, small coffee, and a strawberry cream pie every morning from McDonalds. :mad: 850 calories a day.:mad:
  • HAYW1RE
    HAYW1RE Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Chobani Blueberry Greek Yogurt
    140 Calories and 14g of Protein

Fills me up pretty good.
  • FindingMyself24
    FindingMyself24 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    Protein shake blended with almond milk, fruits, stevia, etc... YUM!!
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    2 scoops whey
    peanut butter 2 tbsp
    1/3 cup of milk
    serving of fiber one cereal
    1 cup blueberries