What do you typically eat for breakfast?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I'm not big on breakfast myself, so I usually have something small, like a piece of fruit, or toast with cream cheese or peanut butter. Today it's blueberry Greek yogurt with chia seeds. :)
  • j75j75
    j75j75 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Steel-cut oats baby!! Or muesli. Add in a tbsp of coconut oil, a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and some berries (I use raspberries, blueberries, and blackberries). You're good to go :smile: :smile:
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I have to go easy on the sugar because I realize I get sleepy and same with carbs. every workday i have 40g of hot oatmeal with some cinammon, truvia and chia seeds with coffee. I eat a cereal bar about an hour or two later.

on weekends i go "all crazy" and have 6 tbs egg white with mushroom, spinach with one wedge of laughing cow cheese and 3 slices turkey bacon to go with my chai tea.

I sometimes eat the Jimmy Dean Delights sandwhiches which are usually 210 to 250 cals and they are yummy. I try to spread out my calories though..
  • bullsfan22
    bullsfan22 Posts: 104
    Options
    3 Large Egg whites, 1 Large Egg w/ yolk, omlete with onions, green pepper and some salt. That between two slices of bread (wheat) and a slice of cheese with Salsa. All together it ends up being around 400 calories but it keeps me going during my morning workout and usually don't feel hungry until 11ish.

Also drink about a 20oz. bottle from morning 6AM to about 7:30 before I leave for gym.
  • NoeHead
    NoeHead Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    2 turkey sausage links with 2 or 3 fruits combined for a different fruit salad every day. I drink 2 cups of water before I get to work as well. :heart: 200 - 260 calories a day:heart:

Examples:
    Strawberries & pineapple
    (my fav) grapefruit, pears, and strawberries for color
    Blueberries, raspberries, & pineapple

If you are on the go you can eat the sausage links in the car. (Like I do most of the time) and then when I get to the office I eat my fruit salad. I have just started trying to eat healthier so I am really not a pro, but it has been working for me.

I used to eat a sausage McMuffin, small coffee, and a strawberry cream pie every morning from McDonalds. :mad: 850 calories a day.:mad:

good for you on that big change!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    4 or 5 turkey bacon slices, two scrambled eggs with cheddar cheese, and a handful of mixed nuts.
  • NGFive
    NGFive Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    typically I eat microwaved quaker old fashioned oats with a tablespoon of walnuts and half teaspoon of honey at the office. to change it up, I sometimes substitute the honey for 1/2 a banana. if I get up early, I cook a couple of scrambled eggs before work and they keep me full until lunch.
  • lyndsaysutton82
    Options
    I've started eating cold oatmeal in a jar. It's great because it's ready to go when I leave for work, and I can add some fruit & nuts or whatever to it in the morning, right before eating it, and it's 9 grams of fiber (thanks to the addition of some chia seeds).

When I want something hot, I make something with egg whites and veggies. Check out Skinnytaste.com. She has tons of healthy versions of the bad for you breakfasts.
  • bmpickles
    bmpickles Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    If you gravitate towards high carb and sugary foods for breakfast, try this. I make these once a week, and freeze them. I grab and go, pop one in the microwave for about 30 seconds (until it's warm enough) and drizzle with about 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup. They are baked oatmeal, in individual muffin cups. I use the large cups, the tin with only six muffin cups. If you use the smaller, standard size, just eat two.

Mash 2 small bananas in a large bowl. add 1 large egg and 2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup (or honey, or agave nectar). Add 2 1/2 cups of old fashioned, rolled oats & 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed, and mix well. Add 1 1/2 cup milk of your choice (skim, almond - I use almond milk).

Spray your muffin tins with non-stick spray. Divide the mixture evenly among the muffin tins. Bake at 350 until they are firm. With the almond milk and maple syrup, they are 230 calories for one large one or two small ones. Be sure to add the extra calories if you drizzle with any additional syrup or honey.

This is very satisfying. You can top them with stuff, if you like, such as nuts, raisins, fruit, etc before you bake them.

I hope this helps.

This sounds really good. Do you cook the oats first? Would quick cooking oats work? It sounds like a healthy oatmeal cookie.

Yeah, these are really good, and not too sweet. If you like them sweeter, you can drizzle a little more honey or maple syrup on them. I don't cook the oats first. Not sure how it would come out with quick oats. I never use them. It's worth a try though. I would imagine the texture would be a little different, that's all.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I got really tired of breakfast food, so I usually eat leftovers for breakfast (when I eat breakfast.)

Today, I had leftover steak for breakfast, and it was yummy!
  • shano25
    shano25 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I start each morning with hot water and lemon while I'm getting the kids ready and drop them to the bus. I can't eat breakfast first thing in the morning. Once I come back from the bus, I usually have one of the following:

Green Smoothie
    Bob's Red Mill 10 Grain Hot Cereal with honey, cinnamon, and fruit
    Spelt Cereal with Almond Milk
    Scrambled eggs with spinach and peppers

On weekends if I really want to splurge I have 2 eggs sunny side up and whole wheat toast (and turkey bacon if I'm eating meat.) Though some days all I do is nibble on fruit all morning long.
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    Today I made a veal and duck egg and cheese scramble, but I normally don't eat veal (it was on sale) but use beef or sausage instead, cooked in butter or coconut oil.
  • lisamarie1780
    lisamarie1780 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I need protein, carbs and a bit of fat in the morning or I am useless. I exercise about 4 or 5 times a week, if I don't have a good breakfast I have no energy to work out. I occasionally have cereal or toast but it doesn't really satisfy me
  • projectvanity
    Options
    I was having green smoothies for breakfast, but they got boring after a while and didn't keep me full for very long. Now I have two apples with peanut butter and two vegan sausage and herbal tea. And that keeps me fuller longer than the green smoothie did. I guess it's the fat and protein. But, I plan on hard boiling some eggs for the week and eating that with my vegan sausage instead.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    I mix it up a lot. The past 7 days:

Saturday: leftover pizza from the night before, 1 pumpkin pie PopTart (this was before a half-marathon, and is something that's become my usual pre-race breakfast). 545 calories.

Sunday: 2-egg omelet with Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles and provolone, one slice of buttered toast with a tablespoon of butter (well, one tablespoon total--used a little in the omelet pan and the rest on the toast). 350 calories.

Monday: Strawberry and Chocolate Special K cereal, 2% milk. 350 calories.

Tuesday: Beans on toast with an egg on top. 285 calories.

Wednesday: 2 slices of toast with Skippy peanut butter. 260 calories.

Thursday: Frosted cherry off-brand toaster pastry, 1 cheese, egg, and sausage Toaster Scramble with a fried egg on top. 440 calories.

Friday: 3 Brown n' Serve turkey sausage links, 2 fried eggs, 1 slice of toast with butter. 325 calories.