How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Options

Replies

• spike90
    spike90 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Pizza with all the toppings, Chinese food, chocolate candy, and some yummy salty chips!
  • 424a57
    424a57 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    People plan these things? They just, sort of, happen to me.
  • wannabfitnevarez
    wannabfitnevarez Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    wow! a 5000 calorie day, havent had one that close in a long time... i wouldnt know where to start. for sure i would eat chocolate chip waffles with maple syrup.. and bacon.. emmmm... lunch time i would hit the adobe deli and have their endless barbeque ribs and chicken wings with corn on the cob and drink a tall glass of soda which i havent had in a long time also.. and dinner olive garden for pasta and unlimited breadsticks and of course on of their 700 calorie desserts with a nice glass of dry wine, cannot have pasta without wine :drinker: and if i want a snack late in the evening go to drive thru at mcdonalds and have an apple pie with coffee... i think i would hit my 5000 calorie mark very easily.... nice dream lol....:sad:
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/pinktiger8?date=2013-05-05

This day alone is why they can't do a 5k cheat day. It's NOT a reffed people. Besides a refeed is not a 'just eat anything' it's got to be planned to basically be hi carb. You are all suggesting nothing but pure sugar, salt & fat.

If anything those suggesting that she go along with it & those suggesting the crap she eat are just as bad as the one thinking a cheat day is needed. There is no way on earth she has enough calorie credit to eat 5000cals in a day.

I'm wondering who are the real eating disorder ones here..... the OP or those who think it's more than ok to pump your body with 5k worth of fat, sugar & salt & then still be ok with it.

The fats, sugars and salt are really not that high on the day you show.

Context is relevant.

I consider them to be very high. 111 g of sugar is a little over 50 teaspoons of sugar. If you don't "get" how this is bad, I suggest you put 50 teaspoons of sugar into a glass - actually count it out -- and come back and tell me that isn't alarming. And remember, that's 111 OVER the daily recommended amount. If the OP doesn't have it already, I bet she is pre-diabetic. Cravings for sugar and extreme thirst are symptoms.

lmao. I have days where I eat upwards of 300g of sugar and I'm not pre-diabetic. My fasting blood sugar is 60 - 70 and I'm 25 years old, 4'11", and 92 lbs. I also have low blood pressure.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    That's not a cheat day. That's an eating disorder.

No, an eating disorder would be doing this all the time... -.-
  • RhodRhod
    RhodRhod Posts: 109
    Options
    Oh, oh, oh! I'd make a Thanksgiving dinner. Mmmmmm!!!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    First of all, my cheat day would not be more than 3000.

"First of all" ? where is the second, third, or rest of the post?

I didn't need to add the rest. I made my point with 3000 being enough for a cheat day.

Congrats on the 70 lbs loss.

Thanks for the congrats.

She is trying to gain weight why is 3000 enough? that is like saying to someone who is trying to lose weight to stop exercising when they reach 1000 calories burned.

I guess I didn't understand the point you were trying to make that is why I was wondering where the rest of the post was.
  • holliebevineau
    holliebevineau Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Pancakes, cheese enchiladas, deep dish pizza, fish and chips, chicken alfredo, cheese sticks, baked goat cheese, french fries, double burger with cheese, french fries, cheese cake, onion rings, dipped Italian beef combo, anything hagen das, more fries, Mcgriddle, and pancakes.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Not that hard. That's 20 wings, with acoompanying dressing at Hooters and 3 beers/Sodas
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    BOOM
    rockhillfarms1_1024x1024.jpg?2154
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options
    If she's eating 1500 calories a day, it would give her exactly an extra pound of fat.
  • SteveJWatson
    SteveJWatson Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Amateurs.

The day should look like this:

Breakfast: Full english (2 bacon, 2 eggs, 2 sausage, black pudding, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans, toast, tea)

11am: The pubs open - 3 pints or so, game of pool before:

1pm Lunch: Pub lunch - some kind of meat pie, peas, chips and another pint.

Have a wander and a pint in a few other places, deciding where to settle in for the night....perhaps 3 more pints before:

Dinner: Kebab shop or similar.

The rest of the evening vanishes in a haze of more beer interspersed with pork scratchings and crisps.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    If she's eating 1500 calories a day, it would give her exactly an extra pound of fat.

Actually, that would be true if that 1500 represents maintenance. (We don't know if that 1500 is at maintenance, a deficit, or a surplus.)

(Not that any of this really matters...the point is still that this one hypothetical day is almost, if not entirely, irrelevant to the big picture.)
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    People plan these things? They just, sort of, happen to me.

I'm genuinely curious if people believe that is better or worse than planning to do it?
  • jofjltncb6
    Options
    That's a cheat week.

Yeah no kidding

I'm confused by this. 5000 calories over the course of a week would be ~700 calories/day. Surely you two aren't eating less than that...

...are you???
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I would eat soooo much chocolate, cake, ice cream, brownies, and then go out for either pizza or Chinese food for dinner. and lots and lots of alcohol!
  • Dellie1989
    Dellie1989 Posts: 25
    Options
    Ah, yes. The British way! :D
  • Dellie1989
    Dellie1989 Posts: 25
    Options
    Amateurs.

The day should look like this:

Breakfast: Full english (2 bacon, 2 eggs, 2 sausage, black pudding, tomatoes, mushrooms, beans, toast, tea)

11am: The pubs open - 3 pints or so, game of pool before:

1pm Lunch: Pub lunch - some kind of meat pie, peas, chips and another pint.

Have a wander and a pint in a few other places, deciding where to settle in for the night....perhaps 3 more pints before:

Dinner: Kebab shop or similar.

The rest of the evening vanishes in a haze of more beer interspersed with pork scratchings and crisps.

Ah, yes. A true Brit
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    BOOM
    rockhillfarms1_1024x1024.jpg?2154

^ putting this on the list to try
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Man that British day sounds solid but will you be able to remember it for logging purposes?