How would you plan a 5000 calorie cheat day?

Options

Replies

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Not ridiculous, she is eating 5000 calories a day. This is what would happen if the average person ate 5000 calories a day, and how to go about doing it.

No, she isn't.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Honestly it's so hard to pick. I'm trying to find foods that are worthy but then I realize I already do eat a lot of junk as is lol For example, I already had In N Out twice last month and several Mcdonalds so I'm not really craving those. But I have decided on

Whole medium pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut (1600 cals)
    3 Krispy Kreme donuts (700 cals)
    Bacon and egg sandwich (childhood fav from local place) (800 cals?)
    Diddy Riese Ice Cream Sandwich (500 cals?)
    Vietnamese Pork and Egg roll Noodles (1000 cals?)
    Boba/Bubble Milk Tea (400 cals?)

Tentative list. My bday is actually very early next month but I don't wanna pig out on my bday! Maybe a week after. Anyway I guesstimated on a lot of the items, do you think they're accurate?

I highly recommend throwing in some Talenti chocolate peanut butter cup in there somewhere. Sara got me hooked on that this weekend and I would probably eat a whole pint on a 5000 cal day and be in heaven!
  • Falenea
    Falenea Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    What is a "refeed?"
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options

Not ridiculous, she is eating 5000 calories a day. This is what would happen if the average person ate 5000 calories a day, and how to go about doing it.

No, she isn't.

Not the OP... the girl in the article.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

No, she isn't.

And again, you're fabricating a scenario that just isn't true in the context of this discussion. 5000 once is not the same as 5000 every day.
  • tryclyn
    tryclyn Posts: 2,414 Member
    Options

No, she isn't.

I don't believe that your article pertains to the OP. I think that she is trying to gain weight. I could be wrong.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    5,000 calories wow - I still feel bad for eating that big chunk of irish soda bread....That must have been over 1,000 on its own!

I feel bad that you ate soda bread...blech!
  • famousmortimer
    famousmortimer Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's easy. I would eat one of the party sized bags (38 ounces) of Peanut Butter M&Ms. that's almost 9000 calories of goodness. It would likely kill me though as I've tried to avoid as much sugar as possible during these last 9 months that I've been working under the keto diet.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

No, she isn't.

There's the difference. My comments in this thread are re the topic OP presented. The article you posted is (IMHO) irrelevant to the discussion.
  • TheLuSir
    TheLuSir Posts: 1,674 Member
    Options
    Whoa. I'd eat a lot of peanut butter...
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    Fashionably late to the party....

I'll think over how to spend my 5000 calories whilst I wade through all this madness.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Honestly it's so hard to pick. I'm trying to find foods that are worthy but then I realize I already do eat a lot of junk as is lol For example, I already had In N Out twice last month and several Mcdonalds so I'm not really craving those. But I have decided on

Tentative list. My bday is actually very early next month but I don't wanna pig out on my bday! Maybe a week after. Anyway I guesstimated on a lot of the items, do you think they're accurate?

I highly recommend throwing in some Talenti chocolate peanut butter cup in there somewhere. Sara got me hooked on that this weekend and I would probably eat a whole pint on a 5000 cal day and be in heaven!

If you want to go hog wild on the ice-cream, I would highly recommend Haagen Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter - oh lawdy, it's good. Higher calories that Talenti at 360 calories per serving - so a whole pint would be 1,440 calories.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options

If you want to go hog wild on the ice-cream, I would highly recommend Haagen Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter - oh lawdy, it's good. Higher calories that Talenti at 360 calories per serving - so a whole pint would be 1,440 calories.

Well damn, now I need to try that one too...Sara, I better look exactly like you when I am done with this ice cream regime!
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    Waffles and sausage for breakfast, porterhouse and frozen greek yogurt for lunch, porterhouse and sweet potatoes for dinner. Guacamole and tortilla chips for snacks throughout the day. Milk.

Done.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options

I am disappoint in you Sara. If we're talking about calorie loading.

Cold Stone + donut (for me that's a krispie kreme apple fritter and a large apple pie a la cold stone ice cream)
    Calories: OMFGSOGOOD!!!
  • charles877
    charles877 Posts: 17
    Options
    I would head over to iHop for their breakfast. Pancakes, toast, sausage, eggs and strawberry syrup. With a slice of cheesecake for dessert.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Easy.

Step 1 : Go to my diary (it's open).
    Step 2 : Go to April 1 (my birthday).
    Step 3 : Eat what you find there.
  • stumblinthrulife
    stumblinthrulife Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Easy.

Step 1 : Go to my diary (it's open).
    Step 2 : Go to April 1 (my birthday).
    Step 3 : Eat what you find there.

Oh, and to everyone in the 'why the hell would you do this' camp, I had three reasons -

1. It was my birthday. And I was going to enjoy it. I enjoy eating. Ergo I ate a lot.
    2. I was suffering from some serious, diet destroying cravings. I was just barely holding myself in check and felt I was close to a crash and burn event.
    3. My weight loss was looking in danger of stalling, and I had been recommended a refeed.

The results of that day -

1. I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday.
    2. My cravings all but disappeared, and those that were left were easily crushed.
    3. I posted a loss that very same week, and went back to consistently losing thereafter.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

I am disappoint in you Sara. If we're talking about calorie loading.

Cold Stone + donut (for me that's a krispie kreme apple fritter and a large apple pie a la cold stone ice cream)
    Calories: OMFGSOGOOD!!!

You are a genius!
  • pinktiger8
    pinktiger8 Posts: 130
    Options
    I'm not an ice cream person. Mcdonald's soft serve for about 170 cal usually satisfies my craving for ice cream so I wouldn't down a whole tub.

I scanned through the thread and a lot of people ask why. With the way I'm eating now , I have one or two 1500-3000 cheat days a week but my weight this morning was 90.8 lbs so I think I can go for a higher calorie cheat day.