This is a photoshop - signed, a graphic artist. (with pics)

Options

Replies

• Galathea96
    Galathea96 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Bumping to keep track of this thread.
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Freaky armpits. Is her chin crooked, or did they crop part of it out when they pasted it on that neck that looks like it has a trachea way too wide for a woman that size?

eeb9651b-3195-4715-a0a8-b77edf12236e_300_HeatherGrham_VEGAS_050813.jpg
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    Bwahaha! So, let me get this straight.... the trend is to make black women look lighter, but black men look darker? What's up with that?

In case you are serious... here's my guess. The darkened skin vs the brightened lighting (note the light parts are MUCH lighter) makes the muscle definition look more dramatic, due to higher contrast. In real life, fitness people get tanned, oil up, and go under bright lights for the very same reason.

But, on a woman (unless it's a fitness shot) they usually want a smoother look, so they'd lighten up the skin tone to reduce contrast.

No. They do it to black women because they want to continue to send messages to us that the lighter the better. The closer you are to a white person, the more attractive you are. They've done it to almost every famous black woman. It's sickening.

Yet they never have trouble turning a white woman darker than she could naturally get! LIke having ethnic features is so ugly they have to lighten you up as much possible to down play them. I'm very light skinned, can't tan to save my life, but all my features and body shape reflect my spanish heritage - I'll tell ya it's not hot! No one knows what I am. I'd give anything to be a "normal" skin tone for my ethnicity. And gosh, black women, black skin, the darker it gets, its just beautiful. Haha and as an artist I don't just mean the skin, I mean the actual color standing on its own is just a beautiful color. It's powerful, rich, luxurious color. And with the red undertone it complements almost everything. I don't understand why they do it either except to be racist.

You ever notice advertising in different neighborhoods? You'll notice big business tv commercials, like in Denver, a heavily populated white city - the ads are very multi-cultural, often including one of every race.
    In Albuquerque and Phoenix with heavy hispanic populations, you see a lot of mexicans on thier own, or whites on thier own, but you don't see them together as much.
    In Memphis where it's heavier black population you'll see the ratio of blacks in commercials aren't proportionate to the population.
    They do that because in a white city if they show ethnic people equal with whites, sales for the "next big thing" jump considerably. (sales suggest they want to be ahead, not equal)
    In cities with higher minority rates they show more happy white people without minorities around and sales spike amongst minorities. (suggesting deep down minorities want to be "equa" or "as good" as whites)

I know that sounds awful, but, there is racism still and we know this because it drives the market. Just like we are all shocked how extreme the photoshopping is. Bottom line the Dove "real woman" campaign got a lot of attention, but the sales simply didn't improve. There is no evidence women want to see healthy normal women, not according to the sales. And thats what drives the race war in advertising as well.

I wish there was more justice in that, I hate anything that shames people into buying. But that shame, gosh its a powerful emotion and we just eat it out of their hands.

That is really interesting! You might be my new hero.

Also, it's a shame that the media wants us to be anything other than what we are. I'm pale and can't tan to save my life and I'm fine with that. I used to not like it simply because I think darker skin is prettier but I know that I can't accomplish that without damaging my skin or making myself look orange, so I've had to come to terms with my pasty skin
  • abberbabber
    abberbabber Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    Just adding to my feed! LOVE this!
  • kimpossible5
    Options
    It's like a train wreck, I can't stop looking at these.....
  • ashleen7
    ashleen7 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Bumping it up baby!
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    In for the roll-over - this is fascinating!
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    bump - gotta come back to this later....
  • mfrkorey
    mfrkorey Posts: 176 Member
    Options

hm-body-morphing-huda-beauty-similar.jpg

Hilarious!
  • Healthy_fresh_start
    Healthy_fresh_start Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Love this thread! thank you!!! x
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to this thread lol
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Good thread
  • kinggrace78
    kinggrace78 Posts: 29
    Options
    BUMP
    Great thread
  • zer013
    zer013 Posts: 11
    Options
    love this!
  • 19kat55
    19kat55 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    BUMP, great stuff!
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    bumping to find later.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,072 Member
    Options
    In. Again.
  • likitisplit
    likitisplit Posts: 9,420 Member
    Options

582577_382461391822740_2053386413_n.jpg

and creepy...

Check out the tile by her right breast too.
  • AuroraBear84
    AuroraBear84 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Bumping. I was tracking the other thread and need to keep track of this one now :)