This is a photoshop - signed, a graphic artist. (with pics)

Options

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    bump
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    I wonder if celebrities think of themselves as those perfect Photoshopped versions of themselves because that's what they see in photos most of the time, or do you think they are shocked when they see edited versions of themselves with teeny waists and Barbie doll legs?

If it was me, I would hate it. But I would hate most things about being a celebrity so it's hard to say.

To me though it would make it really difficult to go out in public, knowing that people who see you are expecting you to look like a magazine cover.

^^ This is my thought exactly. To have to live up to an impossible standard of your public image would be really irritating... possibly mentally damaging.
  • kayvanne
    kayvanne Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Ugh I do photography on the side and I do some design work and stuff too. It's amazing how many people want me to photoshop their pictures xD I have a strict no photoshop policy. In that I won't CHANGE features but I will enhance. I've enhanced eyes hidden in shadows before (but it was a BABY so I think that's a bit better LOL). I will only whiten teeth a bit or fix a zit or two if they're really bad looking. And once I removed really bad stretch marks from a maternity shoot. Otherwise I never touch photos. I don't add shadows or enhance busts or butts. I'm proud that I don't because it's really poopin' stupid!>< All these pictures are horrible!
  • pippabc
    pippabc Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting this, OP, it is the most interesting thing I've seen for ages. No one can live up to magazine covers photos. I knew in the back of my mind they had been photoshopped, but I never realised it was quite so extreme as these photos.

Makes me feel glad that they are not real, but pretty sad that this even happens. I hate the feeling of comparing yourself to this stuff and coming up wanting.
  • claire671
    claire671 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow. Mind blown.
  • empressichel
    empressichel Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Have to bump, it's just fascinating!
  • QueenGyn
    QueenGyn Posts: 106
    Options
    BUMP

More please :smile:
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Ugh I do photography on the side and I do some design work and stuff too. It's amazing how many people want me to photoshop their pictures xD I have a strict no photoshop policy. In that I won't CHANGE features but I will enhance. I've enhanced eyes hidden in shadows before (but it was a BABY so I think that's a bit better LOL). I will only whiten teeth a bit or fix a zit or two if they're really bad looking. And once I removed really bad stretch marks from a maternity shoot. Otherwise I never touch photos. I don't add shadows or enhance busts or butts. I'm proud that I don't because it's really poopin' stupid!>< All these pictures are horrible!

:heart: :drinker: Props to you for having pride as an artist and holding onto your moral footing.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Have to bump this amazing thread!!
  • ketchupqueen
    Options
    That's it. I'm buying a bikini and wearing it EVERYWHERE and to hell with stretch marks and imperfections.

Thank you!!!

:drinker:
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    That's it. I'm buying a bikini and wearing it EVERYWHERE and to hell with stretch marks and imperfections.

Thank you!!!

:laugh: ^5
  • angelina2585
    angelina2585 Posts: 273 Member
    Options

Thank you!!!

I was just thinking that I can breathe a sigh of relief when I'm on the beach this year. I'm never going to look like the magazine photos...hell even the models don't. No wonder so many of us (me definitely included) have such a skewed view of what 'good' looks like.

I'd still like all my photos 'shopped' a little though ;)
  • rieann84
    rieann84 Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    image.jpg

here's that fitness model again. she is definitely beautiful and in top shape, but you can tell that on the magazine cover, they nipped in her midsection and completely changed it with softening/shading. she is definitely busty, but they definitely used the shading to enhance the look of her bust. looks like they downplayed her thighs, also.

edit: you're gonna have to click->view image. sorry guys :D
  • crypticcalicocat
    crypticcalicocat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later!
  • brendaj39
    brendaj39 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • hope002
    hope002 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • anonniemouse
    anonniemouse Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    In to follow the rollover.
  • lwoodroff
    lwoodroff Posts: 1,431 Member
    Options
    image.jpg

here's that fitness model again. she is definitely beautiful and in top shape, but you can tell that on the magazine cover, they nipped in her midsection and completely changed it with softening/shading. she is definitely busty, but they definitely used the shading to enhance the look of her bust. looks like they downplayed her thighs, also.

edit: you're gonna have to click->view image. sorry guys :D

wow that was enlightening, they completely changed her stomach, gave her a new navel, smoothed all her skin out and I think stretched her arm?!