Options

Replies

• neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    calories in, calories out. Thermodynamics

/end thread
    Life is easy when you know, right.

I don't think that works well for the kids living in south east Los Angeles or similar where there isn't a supermarket or playground in sight, and the school is like a midway for processed foods and junk. There is no easy answer to obesity. imo.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones
    Raspberry Ketones

Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!
    Green coffee beans!

Hoagies and Grinders!
    Hoagies and Grinders!
    Navy beans, Navy Beans, Navy Beans!
  • Lyerin
    Options
    I want to note that this thread made me want to post a whole bunch of gimmick diet threads. LOL I am relatively juvenile.
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    Options

/end thread

I don't think that works well for the kids living in south east Los Angeles or similar where there isn't a supermarket or playground in sight, and the school is like a midway for processed foods and junk. There is no easy answer to obesity. imo.

It does work well for them. Because even if they are fed junk its really the amount of junk they are fed. As long as they have a caloric deficit they will lose weight. If you want to argue the food isnt nutritionally enough well rounded thats probably true. But that has little to no affect on weightloss
  • goodtimezzzz
    goodtimezzzz Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    ameeennnnnnnn
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I swear if I read one more topic that says fast metabolism diet, virgin diet, cabbage diet, chicken diet, thermo nuclear pills, rules for skinny, jumpstart skinny or whatever the hell the latest fad is, I swear I am going to scream and start doing horrible things....well maybe it is not that bad, but whatever happened to just eating in a 500 al deficit and working out/moving more?

You then try and tell these people that instead of lining some fools pocket you already have access to a free site in MFP, yet they are still trying to find something else? then they all say well "did you read the book?" I am not going to spend 24.99 on some book just so I can justify that what they are proposing is crap. I guarantee if I read any of these diets they will all start with "now make sure that you eat six small meals space out over the course of the day, because we all know that helps speed up metabolism and avoid the dreaded 'starvation mode'...ughhhhhhhh

What do you all think?

All right feel free to comment/fire away peeps....and I look forward to hilarious replies that make me laugh out loud....
    You won't get rich selling common sense. It has no mass appeal because there is no flashy gimmick. Markketing a advertisinng media require flashy gimmicks.
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    What drives me crazy is the....WHAT DIET PILL should I take? I honestly delete people who admit taking them on my friend list. I want people to support who are working there *kitten* off like I am, not cheaters! Yeah Yeah I know they will gain it back when they stop, but I am not going to praise someone who lost 5 pounds taking a damn diet pill over someone doing it the natural weigh! Vent, okay I feel better haha
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    What drives me crazy is the....WHAT DIET PILL should I take? I honestly delete people who admit taking them on my friend list. I want people to support who are working there *kitten* off like I am, not cheaters! Yeah Yeah I know they will gain it back when they stop, but I am not going to praise someone who lost 5 pounds taking a damn diet pill over someone doing it the natural weigh! Vent, okay I feel better haha

Yes, the diet pill ones drive me crazy too...I swear I saw one that was like thermo grenade diet pills, should I take them? I was like WTF..?? Anything that has the word thermo in it should be avoided like the plague ....

Actually, my personal preference is three yellow jackets a day taken at breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and then doing a 72 hour fast, and then repeat for two weeks...
  • Lyerin
    Options
    I have found that the best diet pill ever is the one called "get your butt out of bed and go to the gym!" especially when combined with some "now eat good food!"
  • halflife1978
    halflife1978 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    If you have to BUY A BOOK to find out about it then it means that you can't just look up the data on its efficacy in a journal.

Which means there's no real science behind it.

Which means it's a load of crap.
  • lizzybethclaire
    lizzybethclaire Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    I would love to know about the virgin diet. Does it involve a sacrifice to the gods?
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    As a "diet" technically refers to what you actually eat, it can apply to any eating patterns advocated for on this site. So, we are all on diets of one variety or another. However, the fad "Diets" that you are referring to, I will agree, are idiotic. Losing weight at its core is very simple: "Eat less (or better, as I prefer to phrase it) and move more!" Problem solved. :bigsmile:

oh no you don't even go there trying to inject logic into this conversation ...calories in, calories out pffffff please....the only way to lose weight is juggle raspberry ketones over a pit of poisonous snakes for 12 hours, and then blend the ketones with the snake venom and drink for seven days straight..everyone knows that ...

****e, no wonder I keep plateauing (okay, maybe not). I thought I was just a special butterfly to which the laws of thermodynamics did not apply :sad:
  • ndj1979
    Options
    this kind of reminds of that old Saturday Night Live skit with Jim Carey ...the one where he was that crazy diet guy and had all these pills that were pretty much crystal meth and some heat wrap thing that you would wrap around your self ..and this voice over would come in and say "Ride the Snake.."

and then Will Ferell gets up and is like ..I have been taking your fat blasters and wearing your heat wrap, and have lost 100 pounds and I have also come to realize that I am Satan reborn...and Jim Carey is like "Scare Me.." Then Ferell trys to and it does not work and Carey points at Ferell and blood starts coming out of his eyes and *kitten* and Carey is like "nice try amateur.."

I am paraphrasing of course but I always found that skit to be hilarious...
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options

/end thread

It does work well for them. Because even if they are fed junk its really the amount of junk they are fed. As long as they have a caloric deficit they will lose weight. If you want to argue the food isnt nutritionally enough well rounded thats probably true. But that has little to no affect on weightloss
    Hey, I agree with you 100%. The problem is the caloric density for dollars spent and the effect that sugar, fat and salt has on people ad lib-free feeding that have existing metabolic damage from being obese.
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    I have found that the best diet pill ever is the one called "get your butt out of bed and go to the gym!" especially when combined with some "now eat good food!"

Exactly!!
  • NYCNika
    NYCNika Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    With all the "jump start" diets, they will just loose the weight long enough to take a picture before gaining it back (and than some).

So I'm offering one with EVEN LESS WORK involved, and you can LOSE 30 lb in 30 minutes. The photoshop diet! Send me 3 easy payments of 29.99 and I guarantee results :)
  • RhodRhod
    RhodRhod Posts: 109
    Options
    I so needed a good laugh this morning! Thank you all so very much! Happy dieting to all of you! LOL
  • ndj1979
    Options
    With all the "jump start" diets, they will just loose the weight long enough to take a picture before gaining it back (and than some).

So I'm offering one with EVEN LESS WORK involved, and you can LOSE 30 lb in 30 minutes. The photoshop diet! Send me 3 easy payments of 29.99 and I guarantee results :)

based on your profile pic...how about the chug beer from a huge mug diet? I am sure that will be popular...!
  • Lunachic77
    Lunachic77 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    People are lazy...that's it and that's all. No one wants to put in hard work for anything, not when they can order it for $19.99 As Seen on TV and have it delivered to the doorstep and it does all the work for them. Nothing comes easy in life...weight loss/being in shape is no exception.

And to take my point home, I will saturate this thread with "great" diet/fitness ideas & meme

ABtronic_X2_AB_Tronic_Fitness_Slimming_Belt_Shape_Belts_As_Seen_On_TV.jpg

SkechersShapeUps.jpg

the-ab-hancer-19112-1300377474-9.jpg

37629488.jpg
    1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Don't like it then don't read it. Easy peasy.