It's extremely hard to eat healthy when your hubby doesn't.

Options
1234568»

Replies

• raeganjayne15
    Options
    My husband hears, "if you want it, make it yourself" a lot!

^^^
    This. You need to make a stand. You make what you want and offer him some. If he doesnt like it Im sure he can find the fridge by himself.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    First of all, thank you so much for all your replies. If I follow my plan for today, I should still be calorie deficient. I don't want to say I can't have something and deprive myself, that's just setting myself up for failure realistically. And yes, somethings can be fixed healthier, but I have yet to ever taste anything healthier that tasted as good as the original. I know I should have more will power and probably in a little more time I will, but right now I am still new to this and it's not like I'm eating pancakes every day. I do have some will power, but it's a work in progress. Plus, I deal with other personal issues in my life that make all this harder for me than the average person. I'm not looking to drop 100 pounds, probably 40 at the most, but at least 25-30. I am going to try to do the best that I can do, but I'm not going to make myself miserable either. Small changes as I go. And yes, I don't think one small pancake one day is gonna kill me. Again, thank you for all your comments, I really appreciate them!

I really like these. I make them with non-fat greek yogurt and usually have to add either a splash of milk or water to thin the batter since it's super thick, but they are so tasty...

http://www.everydaybelle.com/2011/06/greek-yogurt-pancakes/
  • KimberlyAndrews1
    KimberlyAndrews1 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Again, thanks so much for the great comments! And thank you for the link to a recipe!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    All of you people saying negative things like "take responsibility for your own intake" and "sounds like an excuse, just blame the husband" really need to get a life. I'm not even married, and sometimes it's hard for me not to cheat when my boyfriend always wants to. The forums aren't made for all this negativity--aren't they for SUPPORT?

I just wanted to say solidarity sister--good job on only having one pancake, and all you can do is keep making healthy decisions for you as much as possible and hope that the trickle down affects him or that he decides himself to follow suit.

BOO YOU HATERS. People are human! lol. :)

It's not negativity. It's tough love. Some people need to be told that they are looking at things wrong. Blaming the husband is the wrong outlook. She needs to look inward and find her will power and motivation, especially since she feels she has to cook her husband a separate meal for breakfast.

THIS. It's doable, people.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    All of you people saying negative things like "take responsibility for your own intake" and "sounds like an excuse, just blame the husband" really need to get a life. I'm not even married, and sometimes it's hard for me not to cheat when my boyfriend always wants to. The forums aren't made for all this negativity--aren't they for SUPPORT?

I just wanted to say solidarity sister--good job on only having one pancake, and all you can do is keep making healthy decisions for you as much as possible and hope that the trickle down affects him or that he decides himself to follow suit.

BOO YOU HATERS. People are human! lol. :)

Thank you. These types of comments are extremely discouraging. I don't know who people think they're helping with this crap.

Why is it that when people try to tell the truth, they are called haters? How is it that we are not supporting her? She asked a question and she is getting honest answers. Some choose not to sugar coat it. Many people who lose weight end up gaining it back. It's a fact. In order to be successful she has to learn to get get some willpower instead of telling herself she can't do it. That is hurting no one but herself. Multiple people here have said to have a pancake and just work it into her day or just tell herself no. She DOES have to take responsibility for what she eats. If hearing that is discouraging she is going to have a ROUGH time trying to lose weight.

This should be printed and posted on many, many refrigerator and pantry doors. Spot on. Excellently put.
  • Tara_238
    Tara_238 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    It is hard but you just have to work through it. I do the majority of the cooking for my family, but lucky for me when I ask what he wants for dinner his answer is "food". So he and the kids eat what I eat. My struggle is he eats cookies every night. He eats 1/2 a package every night. I keep strong though but if I want a cookie I eat a cookie. I just move to the other sofa so I am less tempted.
  • scordova08
    scordova08 Posts: 6
    Options
    Its not mean to tell someone to take responsibility for what goes in their mouth!

THE BOTTOM LINE IS THAT WE HAVE ALL LOST OUR ACCOUNTABILITY OR WE WOULDN'T BE HERE!!

There is no sugar coating it... buck up and dont eat crappy food.

If you do its not the end of the world. Limit how much and remember how you feel after you eat it.

NOT MEAN HONEST!!
  • Silver14
    Silver14 Posts: 141
    Options
    Same with my mum. Worst thing is, I work in a cafe and she comes and gets lunch off me that I make for her.
    Like a full toasted chicken focaccia with double cheese (real) and aoili. Along with a fresh muffin (we make them ourselves) that I made. Then I carry it in the car on the way home and munch on my salad while inhaling aoili. Sigh. Yea it sucks, but we gotta do what we gotta do... And also she is obese, so it's kind of off putting when I remember that.
  • jwdieter
    jwdieter Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    It's much easier with a partner on board. However, everyone has to fit their own diet to their personal needs. I eat several hundred more calories/day than my wife, because duh. At some point you have to say, "this doesn't meet my needs, so I'm not going to eat it." Regardless of what anyone else is doing.