1234568»

Replies

• siqiniq
    siqiniq Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Relationship counseling.

Now.

YESTERDAY.

There is something going on that is much bigger than a diet issue.

What she said.
  • Laura8603
    Laura8603 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I would NEVER be with someone so disrespectful to me. That is insane. I have known my boyfriend for over 20 years. During that time, I was thin, fat, thin with floppy skin, and now thin with plastic surgery scars. He has loved me every step of the way and has ALWAYS told me how beautiful I am. He would never speak to me the way your husband speaks to you.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    to make out like having a traumatic childhood is an excuse for abusing others as an adult is an insult to the vast majority of people who use it as a damn good reason not to.

he's an adult making adult choices. he would rather force his pain onto you.

is that love?
  • babylemonade
    babylemonade Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Divorce.

Agreed. I don't care what anyone says, that is ABUSE and you can't love someone you feel it's acceptable to abuse.
  • SteelySunshine
    SteelySunshine Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    This isn't going to end well for your husband, if he doesn't change. You could get a divorce which will be better for you. But, even if you stay with him you will eventually divorce him by becoming emotionally distant. It is inevitable as you start seeing how hollow a person he is and after a couple of years of abuse and becoming numb to it, he just won't matter to you at all. You will grow apart. You will find things to do without him things that make you feel good. Eventually it will be like you are strangers living in the same house.
  • QuinceyBethx3
    Options
    Men that are insecure do & say things like this. He has issues with himself whether it be his personality, ability to support you, his looks, his sexual performance etc. He is tearing you down so that you won't have the confidence to leave him, he doesn't want you to think you could ever find somebody else. By making fun of you and calling you "fat" he's trapping you, which is exactly what he wants. That is disgusting that he treats you like that. That is a personality trait and unfortunately he is never going to change.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Relationship counseling.

Now.

YESTERDAY.

There is something going on that is much bigger than a diet issue.

YES! This is not about your weight. It's about verbal abuse and belittling you. If it wasn't your weight, it would be something else.

If he's not willing to go to counseling, get the *kitten* out. This is doing worse things to you than you realize, and you need to be separated until he's willing to address these issues.