I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Options

Replies

• Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    Look I don't mean to offend you people, but please read the rules about posting.You are entitled to your beliefs and I'm not trying to discourage them but stop posting reply's...this thread has obviously moved into to realm of promoting ones religion.
    Create a christian group or something. Ask Christ for the power to read the rules.
  • Briko3
    Briko3 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Let me just give a little advice to those of you who are just here to be nasty. You saw what the topic was before you even opened it, why not just scroll past it? You are just in here to stir up trouble, and to what end?? I just don't understand...

To the OP. Good for you, I am glad you have found your source of strength!

Exactly what I was just thinking. Why do these people even care? If I saw a post about any number of things I don't agree with, I would just move on to the next topic. The only people commenting negatively are just looking to stir the pot for who knows what reason.
  • bricktowngal
    bricktowngal Posts: 206
    Options
    God is great! Amen.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options

Really? How bout you put your head out of your *kitten* while your at it. Its great you have your own beliefs but keep them to yourself... kthnxbai.

You are just taking it just a smidge too personally. Back away from the keyboard.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    God is so good, He brings cancer, death, *kitten* and all pestilence down on our sinning selves and causes innocent babies and children to DIE because he loves us and we debase ourselves before Him, the Great, the Merciful, the Loving God. He cares deeply about every one of us and helps us through our hour of pain................................yeah right..

As the man who was sick of the palsy said "Christ, I'm sick of the palsy!". And you can't see it any other way my brethren and cistern, the Lord knew he was f*ckin sick of the palsy and did something about it. Wish he'd do something about my f*ckin palsy but that's another subject.

I think I may go and puke this thread out of my *kitten*. OP you believe what you want, but don't force it down my throat you sanctimonious *&*^$£), this is a weight loss forum not a religious one. Nuff said.

Really? How bout you put your head out of your *kitten* while your at it. Its great you have your own beliefs but keep them to yourself... kthnxbai.

Really? Read the OP's post again.
  • HardcoreP0rk
    HardcoreP0rk Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Look I don't mean to offend you people, but please read the rules about posting.You are entitled to your beliefs and I'm not trying to discourage them but stop posting reply's...this thread has obviously moved into to realm of promoting ones religion.
    Create a christian group or something. Ask Christ for the power to read the rules.

7969d1354320501-what-most-friendly-state-conceled-carry-448x249px-ll-3dd0d362_what-do-you-mean-you-people-tropic-thunder-movie-1309633407.jpg
  • RCMPWannaBe
    RCMPWannaBe Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Leviticus Chapter 12.

Hope all you christian mothers took your lamb or two doves to the temple to be burnt so you could be purified from your sin of childbirth?

No, don't do that bit? Only "selective" words of the lord then eh?

That one's a no-go. Christ died for our sins so we don't have to give offerings anymore. ;)

SHH! Logic is *not allowed in here!

Did he also die so you can cut your hair and have tattoos?

Leviticus 19.28 ad 29 (Leviticus is a fantastic treasure trove of insanity otherwise known as bits christians choose to ignore)

Leviticus is awesome like that - rules forever, won't lie. The basics run like this: Follow the Ten Commandments, believe in God, accept Christ as your savior, and then when you sin, ask for forgiveness. There's more to it. I'm not saying anyone here is an excellent Christian by any means! Just a break-down of what people believe. I realize there's a lot of hypocrisy in the religion, but that's what "faith" is about, regardless of creed or philosophy. From Muslims, to Hindus, to Jews, to Christians, and everything in between. :)
  • gigithegirly
    gigithegirly Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I guess they can talk about God, but I can't talk about my satanic beliefs. ridiculous. Seriously.

QFT
  • Sublimely_Self_Righteous
    Options
    Good for you!
  • Crankstr
    Crankstr Posts: 3,958 Member
    Options
    Ya know, there's some topics with misleading titles. The title says one thing, so you click on it, but the subject is something completely different. They can be tricksy.

However, then there's topics like this one. You see the title. You KNOW you won't agree with the subject line. You know it is going to greatly differ with your beliefs. Yet you click on it anyways. Okay, fine. But then you feel the need to go out of your way and openly mock the OP for their beliefs. Gee, really? Is your life REALLY so dull and drab that you have to go out of your way to insult others' beliefs on the internet?

And no, I'm not talking about the trolls. I'm talking about the ones who are like, "NO, YOU'RE WRONG AND YOU'RE DUMB AND THERE IS NO GOD AND BLAH BLAH BLAH." Seriously? Newsflash: No one cares.

OP, while I necessarily don't agree with your beliefs or share them, I think it's great that your beliefs give you the motivation you need. Whatever works for you is A-OK with me. Keep on keepin' on.

I came in here to say almost this exactly.

Leave her alone...why do you care?

There are 8000 other topics you can click on and go play in.

Coming in and saying blah blah blah oooo you didnt follow the rules is ridiculous...like none of you ever broke any forum rules.

please.
    you sound like kindergartners.

congrats on your accomplishments OP.
  • downinaggieland98
    downinaggieland98 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Weight loss has always been my enemy causing me to dislike myself and everything that I could possible conquer in life. This evil illness has caused me to not want to continue, to be the one who fakes a smile, and above all to not know how to love my husband and daughter. I've always heard if you can't love yourself, you can't love anyone else..so i didnt. (extremely selfish, i've come to realize)
    4 years ago I decided to give my life to someone who had been there all along although I never knew it. Someone who promised to love me with this unconditional love.. Who am I to deserve this from you, when I've given you nothing in return?
    Before Christ I was a victim of several incidents of sexual abuse, which molded me into not trusting any man AT ALL, which led me into living the life of lust and money by using men, and caused me to become depressed, suicidal and just plain hungry to experiance what true love from someone could feel like
    . Now I can say, I AM LOVED! I am free! I am redeemed because the blood shed by my Father has cleansed me! I am a new creation.
    now I know what love is and now i can show love and i've also learned that my body is my temple and in order to please my Father with my temple, I need to take care of it. This is where MFP comes in. With dedication, PRAYER and God on my side, I know nothing is impossible. I'm ready to see this spirit of obesity flee in the presence of a true daughter of Christ.
    I am a pretty busy woman ( wife,mother, employed, part time studen, FULL TIME PRINCESS OF GOD)...but the Bible tells me there is "time for everything: Ecclesiastes 3:1...... i vowe that with the guidance of God I can conquer and retake my health from the hand of the enemy!!!! This is me, I am a Princess of the King!!!

I don't normal post my religious opinions but as you've put it out there in the forums.

Firstly I thought Christians believed that humans are created in the image of God so isn't it against God to dislike yourself and the choices he made for you?

Secondly don't Christians believe that God has a plan for all of us, so why did he plan for you to be over weight, seems strange to do that and then give you the strength to over come it. He could have saved you a lot of heart ache and planned for you to be skinny from day one.

Finally attributing what you have done to some invisible chum discredits your hard work. You lost the weight, you changed your life and you deserve a massive well done for that!
    I love when knowledge can trump religion!

Doesn't it always?

Nope.
  • eclectic_ladee
    eclectic_ladee Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Amen!
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options

That was my point, as well. The Separation of Church and Fat Loss clause of MFP's community guidelines prohibits divisive topics such as this one on the main forum.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    I guess they can talk about God, but I can't talk about my satanic beliefs. ridiculous. Seriously.

You have Satanic beliefs? Seriously? Let's have them and I'll take the p*ss out of them just as much as these God botherers :laugh:
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Let me just give a little advice to those of you who are just here to be nasty. You saw what the topic was before you even opened it, why not just scroll past it? You are just in here to stir up trouble, and to what end?? I just don't understand...

To the OP. Good for you, I am glad you have found your source of strength!

Maybe people should adhere to the rules. Religion posts are NOT allowed. They're exclusionary and divisive.

I don't understand how this is exclusionary. She was expressing what strengthened her. Maybe instead of attacking, you could just say "glad your God strenghtens you, but here is where my strenght comes from..." You are the one making it exclusionary, not the OP.

Look, I didn't make the rules. Religion is something that shouldn't be here. Plus, the last time I made a comment in a religious thread, I got accused of trolling and insulting the OP, when I did neither of the sort.
  • Babeskeez
    Babeskeez Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm a Christian and I am not sure its appropriate to A) post here about how God is helping you lose weight. and B) how people who dont believe come in here saying what a fairy tale this is. OP, turn to others you know for sure are Christians IRL and not online. Its not the place for you to share your faith.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    FULL TIME PRINCESS OF GOD

:heart:

Love this! Stay strong. As Christians we will be persecuted but it will not make us stop proclaiming the love of Jesus Christ. And for all of the posts about the old testament...news flash...he died for us and now we have the new testament...Can I get an Amen?
  • cerexflikex
    cerexflikex Posts: 58
    Options
    Ok seriously, why is this still here, and not locked? It is clearly against the rules. How lovely.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!