Couch to 5k Anyone?

Options

Replies

• ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I SOOO want to do this but I cant run on my treadmill and I keep getting lost in my neighborhood so Im afraid to go out !!
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Week 8 Day 1 Complete - All in all including the Warm Up and Cool Down walks I went 4.25 miles this morning in 43 minutes. I think my runs on the treadmill are just under a 9MM and about 9.5 when I did my road run this weekend.

I hope to be below 27 for the real thing on November 13th
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Week 6 day 2 - D-O-N-E !! Skipped over Day 1. Figured if I had run 20 minutes last time I din't want to go back to 5 minute runs. Went fine-o. Next to decide if i go ahead with the 25 minute run. So far so good. :smile:
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hey guys!!! Last night I completed Week 8 Day 1 :)) Woot Woot!!! I ran for 28 minutes....then during my cool down I decided to run some more soo I prolly did about 3 more minutes maybe....then got to my street (when my workout was complete) and then walked the rest soo I went over the minutes but it felt good!!!! I am going to attempt to get up tmw am and run for Day 2 but then its a wedding weekend coming up soo I doubt I will get another run in until Sunday the 17th but wish me luck that I get up tmw!!! ;))
  • sarahwright01
    sarahwright01 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I have begun week 2 this week. Week 1 went well, except that i realize I need to get some "running" shoes. I think that the ones i have are better suited for aerobics.
  • wmchick81
    wmchick81 Posts: 273
    Options
    Did W7D3 today and really struggled. I definitely slowed down to 4.0mph several times to get water. Maybe it was just harder b/c I didn't work out over the weekend, but even so it was Friday when I ran my last hour. I am still doing an hour- I do the C25K then walk/run intervals the rest of the hour.
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I did Week 6 Day 1 today. I've been doing Week 5 Day 3 for about 3 weeks, because I've only been running once a week. I'm not sure what I think about going back to run/walk intervals, but I could tell that my speed was up. Oh, and in case I didn't mention before, I love my Vibrams!
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    My husband and I completed the C25K last week. We've decided to keep going and ran 32 minutes tonight. Our goal is to work up to 35 min and increase speed.
    I ran Cross Country in high school and never felt as good running as I do now! I was 30# lighter in high school but I think the C25K has made all the difference! I don't feel sore or uncomfortable when running!
    Keep it up everyone! It wasn't easy 10 weeks ago but it is worth it now!!!
  • SabrinaM85
    Options
    I started C25K a few weeks ago, then life happened. So I started over yesterday. I am WAYYY more out of shape then I thought. I want to stick with it this time.
  • Umpire57
    Options
    Stunk up W8D2 this morning. I went 33 full minutes running not including the warmup/cooldown on W8D1 but this morning I was just not there.

Finished but walked part of it and did not get the speed I wanted.

Monday I went over 4 miles, today just over 3

Not great but I will do better Friday morning.
  • Umpire57
    Options
    Much better this morning than Wednesday. Week 8 complete!
  • sbilyeu75
    sbilyeu75 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Week 6 Day 3. I find I'm running faster.
  • Umpire57
    Options
    Week 9 Day 1 of C25k Complete today on the road! - I did 4.5 miles in just under 42 minutes. - I hope to have it less than a 9MM for the official 5k on November 13.
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Time warp. I feel like I've disappeared and am finally coming up for air. I'm realizing how long it's been since my last run and pretty much want to bury my head back in the sand. I did the 5k Run for the Cure on Oct 3 with random intervals of walking and running, and I don't think I've run since! UGH! I left off at the end of Week 6, but am feeling sooo out of shape, that I'm not even sure how far to backup.

JulieSue - honey, I am so proud of you! I remember your first run like it was yesterday, and now you're ahead of me, and almost ready to graduate! Any words of wisdom for me? :wink:

wmchick, I see you're still pushing through this too! Good for you for not giving up through the struggles. :drinker:
  • wmchick81
    Options
    DMG- so glad to see you back! I've missed you! I have been chugging and struggling through. I haven't ran since Thursday because I did yogaflex Friday morning and took the weekend off. I could not drag my butt out of bed at 5 this morning to run and definitely regretted it all day. All day I kept thinking how much harder it is to stay within calories without any exercise. Maybe I should go run up and down the stairs LOL.

The plan is to attempt W8D1 tomorrow. I honestly cannot believe I have even made it this far. I have struggled with the past two runs having to slow down several times for water and to just lower my heart rate. My heart rate goes through the roof when I am running- up into the 95% of max heart rate according to my HRM. I don't know what to do to make it not skyrocket so high. I thought as I ran more it would slow down a little bit.
  • wmchick81
    Options
    OOPS I had already done W8D1 last week. Attempted and completed W8D2 this morning. I only slowed for water three times this run- once after 8 minutes, then after 15, then 20. Still not like I would like but progress nonetheless.
  • Umpire57
    Options
    Week 9 Day 3 of C25k Complete today on the road. I did 3.4 miles in 33:50 which is just under 10MM. I am not happy with that at all as I really want it to be under 9MM for my first 5k on November 13. I have been doing different routes each time and this one did not have much shoulder so I had to slow down and even pause a couple of times for cars which slowed me down some but still I wanted a better pace.
  • wmchick81
    Options
    Did W8D3 yesterday and am soooooooooooooooooo proud to say that I made it ALL 28 minutes without slowing or stopping!!! That is a first for me. Started Week 9 this morning. I did have to stop twice in the 30 minutes to fix my hair- since I forgot my headband. I definitely do as well as yesterday's run, but maybe b/c I didn't skip a day in between. I just knew I probably wouldn't make it this weekend.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I've got one more day left on Week 8, did about 2.85 miles in a little over 27 minutes, for some reason the podcast i used ran short. I have never been a runner, in fact i hated running...but this has worked for me. I didn't think it was going to be possible to do it in the 3rd & 4th week, but worked through it and I'm loving it! I'm running my first 5K on Dec. 4 in Lake Charles, LA. It has also helped kick start my weight loss again, so a win-win for me!
    Keep it up!
  • Hoosiermomma
    Hoosiermomma Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Back to running. I-Pod not charged so I did 5 minute runs with intervals of 3 minute walks in between for a total of 17 minutes. (thats with 2 more minute runs.) I will try to run Wed eve. again. Hoping then to get in four full 5 minute runs. Got to keep advancing, right? Pretty sure it's been almost two weeks since my last run. I have a couple weeks to be consistent. I love it that the Indiana weather is staying do awesome! I need to take advantage!:happy: